General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

08 Honda Fit Hail Damage

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 10:55 AM
08 Honda Fit Hail Damage

I have found an 08 Honda Fit with 120k miles on it for $5k around my neck of the woods. The only issue with it is that it seems to have a fair amount of hail damage to the roof and a small amount to the hood.

My question to you is, have you dealt with hail damage before? Are these
dent removal"><span style=dent removal" /> dent removal">dent removal
tools you see at http://honda-tech.com/# and
Amazon.com"><span style=Amazon.com" /> Amazon.com">Amazon.com
any good?

It's a manual and I really enjoyed driving it and can see it being a nice addition. I haven't dealt with buying a hail damaged car before, so any tips or advice before I accidentally make a mistake?

Old 12-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
my GE and GK both got hail damaged earlier this summer. i used a slide hammer glue puller to get the dents out, then a knock down tool to flatten it using a reflector board to aid.

i will say that i have professional training in PDR though, and requires patience to master this art.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
my GE and GK both got hail damaged earlier this summer. i used a slide hammer glue puller to get the dents out, then a knock down tool to flatten it using a reflector board to aid.

i will say that i have professional training in PDR though, and requires patience to master this art.
I guess it would be best to have it done professionally as I have no training. I could use it as a good point to train though eh?

Old 12-03-2015, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
like kenchan said a glue pulling kit would be good. The other way would require pulling the headliner to push the dents up from inside.

I might have to pick up that knock down tool for my self and try it out.

I have been doing PDR for about 4 years now with 6 years body shop experience before that. You could try it yourself but the paint and metal are so thin on these cars one wrong move and you could end up just repainting the panel.

Most body shops/ dealers will have a paintless dent guy they would recommend.

As for price be expecting to pay around $1000 to get it done. At least locally that's what you might be looking at depending on the amount of dents.

The tools to do it your self would end up costing you around $400 dollars plus probably 10 hours of work.

Its totaly your call just throwing out some advice.