General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Looking to sell 2007 Fit Sport...How much should I ask?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 01:27 PM
Question Looking to sell 2007 Fit Sport...How much should I ask?

Hi all, first time posting here after lurking for a while.

I am looking at selling my 2007 Fit Sport. Auto, 309,XXX Miles.

This car is definitely a beater with a heater. I figure it would be best as a parts car or for somebody who wants to fix it up.

It needs a fair amount of work to be road-worthy again.

The body is about what you would expect of a ten year old Honda with high miles. It has a bit of rust starting on the rear quarters where they meet the bumper. Pretty much every panel has some imperfection. Drivers tail lamp cracked/broken, missing door garnish on rear drivers door. Headlights in rough shape(not cracked but dirty inside), rear bumper cover cracked.

Mechanical repairs needed include CEL on(car hesitates and stalls), suspension/front end work(noisy while driving). Just did a "pad slap" and oil change.

Just wanting to get some opinions about what is a fair asking price.

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 08-26-2016, 08:35 PM
out of curiosity I checked edmunds true car value and it said $800 would be a fair price, ( in my zip code, might be different in your area)

If this is an okay price for you then you could put it on craigslist for 1250 O.B.O. and expect to haggle down to that price or maybe even get a little more if people a

Or if you are like me could just set the cash price firm and ignore dealing with people

Old 08-27-2016, 08:11 AM
I cruised Craigslist (Midwest) and found some cars with half as many miles in the $2500-$3000. So I would say Yagi13 isn't far off with the value.

Personally, if I were selling in the price range Yagi13 suggests I would do the work and keep it as a beater. CEL/stall sounds like it just needs plugs/coils.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:53 PM
Hey thanks for sharing your opinions.

As far as keeping it as a beater, that is pretty much what I have been doing.

I have done the plugs and coils, new O2 sensor, cleaned the throttle body, new air filter, changed the oil/filter every 2500 miles (since it runs hella rich... don't want to thin out the oil too much). None of this has really made a difference and I can no longer justify the expense of throwing more parts at it. Not to mention all the fees and taxes living here in Chicago.

The suspension is so worn it is scary over bumps. The car really should not be taken on highways in its current condition.

The real kicker is that with all the electrical gremlins I can no longer get a code reader to link up to the car (yes I have checked all the fuses). Unfortunately what this amounts to for me is that after the plates expire at the end of February, I will not be able to renew my current registration.

I have three other vehicles that all work better than my Fit.

I really like the car, but I think it's time for me to let it go.

It will likely be on Craigslist Chicago next week, so if anybody here is interested just let me know and I will shoot you the link to my ad.

Thanks again y'all!!!

Old 08-29-2016, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
You may be able to get a small amount on your tax return from an outright donation.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:32 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, just do a donation as tbFit mentioned.