General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Which FIT gets the most Speeding Tickets?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
Which FIT gets the most Speeding Tickets?

See:

Which vehicles get the most traffic tickets? | Insurance.com

---

-->Honda FIT SPORT is ranked toward the top at 47 of 327 cars for Speeding Tickets.

-->Honda FIT is ranked toward the bottom at 286 of 327 for Speeding Tickets.

But for every FIT model year--ALL FITS have the SAME engine and output!

I guess when we get in a car that says SPORT--do we just drive faster?

Are Base FIT buyers slower drivers?

Old 07-24-2017, 06:47 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
maybe.. perhaps the sport drivers are a younger crowd?

ive never gotten pulled over in any of my Fit Sports or my wife's current EX.
i highly doubt cops feel that our Fits are a threat for speeding to begin with..?

Old 07-29-2017, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
I think it has obviously much more to do with the driving approach and psychology of the person buying the automobile.

For a lot of people if they buy the "Sport" model, they obviously want a "Sportier" feel. More of a "sports car" like drive. So my guess is that there are just more owners that have "Sport" models that want to drive faster.

Ironically? The vehicle that I got the most speeding tickets with? I hate to say it. Was a Toyota Prius. But I honestly feel the police would take notice, and actually took some perverse pride in pulling over a Prius to give it a speeding ticket. Like "Ha! Ha!" I nailed a Prius...

The Fit on the road just seems to blend in as a little hatchback. It seems to get much more just ignored.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
I never received any speeding tickets. I've owned a Fit Sport for over 7 years now.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jensen Healy
I never received any speeding tickets. I've owned a Fit Sport for over 7 years now.
Jensen: You are driving too slow then...move your shifter to Sport mode and let it out.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
The Fit on the road just seems to blend in as a little hatchback. It seems to get much more just ignored.
Not mine....YELLOW....

Highway Patrol stopped me couple of years ago when new FIT first came out when I was driving with Cruise Control on 65 (Speed Limit was 65) relaxing on the way to a group bike ride on a lazy Sat. morning at 8 AM.

I turned over to him when he approached the window and asked in my NYC way, "What's going on?"

Officer: "What is this?"
Me: "What do you mean?"
Officer: "What is this car?"
Me: "Honda FIT."
Officer: "Haven't seen it yet."
Officer: "I stopped you because you have tint."
Me: "I need it, it's sunny here 300 days of the year--prevents skin cancer and glare."
Officer: "Get it off within 60 days."

He then gives me a "Fix it Ticket" . If you prove you got it corrected, ticket is dismissed.

For those around the world: California, one of the hottest and sunniest states in the United States, is the only state in the United States where tint is illegal. It's because of the proliferation of violent Gangs to protect the police so they can see in the car easily and so the police helicopters can see what is going on in the cars during the many police chases, car jackings, amber alerts...etc.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
maybe you can get the llumar tint but only do 50% on the front glass, 20% on the rears?

i run llumar's high end tint on my dd and it block UV like crazy. night day difference between those regular cheepo tints which are mostly only good for decoration.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
maybe you can get the llumar tint but only do 50% on the front glass, 20% on the rears?

i run llumar's high end tint on my dd and it block UV like crazy. night day difference between those regular cheepo tints which are mostly only good for decoration.
LOL

That is exactly what I have. Llumar 50 on the front and 20 rear.
The tint shop owner guarantees that if you put no more than 50 on the front you will not be stopped and if you are, they will take it off for free and replace it. He told me.."no one will stop you with 50."

They stopped me!

That's why I ask the officer: "What's going on?"

Old 07-30-2017, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
lol dat's pretty funny. the yellow exterior might make the glass appear darker than it really is. 50% is like only a shade darker than factory. do they sell 65%? might want to try that next.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
lol dat's pretty funny. the yellow exterior might make the glass appear darker than it really is. 50% is like only a shade darker than factory. do they sell 65%? might want to try that next.

I have never heard of 65%.
They do have Llumar Clear that they put on windshields that blocks UA UVB (also illegal in CA)

My grievance is that all the surrounding states AZ, NV, OR--all are OK with Tint max 35%. Not CA.

Old 07-30-2017, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
dang..sounds like ull have to live with the factory tint on the front glass in this case.

my wife's GK's like that too, front is factory tint and rears have 20%..

Old 08-04-2017, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FITEsq
California, one of the hottest and sunniest states in the United States, is the only state in the United States where tint is illegal.
Is this statement accurate? Google Search seems to reveal that automobile window tinting IS legal, but as with most states there are standards.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
Is this statement accurate? Google Search seems to reveal that automobile window tinting IS legal, but as with most states there are standards.
It is somewhat true. Tinting on the front driver and passenger windows in CA is illegal. I stand with FITEsq in the idea that it's ridiculous. It's once again honest people's lives being affected by criminals.

Where it's false, is the idea that it's the only state. I don't know all state laws, but New Jersey has the same law.

In most states 35 is legal on the front two side windows and 20 legal on the rears.

Old 08-05-2017, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member

Glass/Window Tinting - AAA Digest of Motor Laws

California Actual Statute: http://codes.findlaw.com/ca/vehicle-...ect-26708.html

Last edited by FITEsq; 08-05-2017 at 01:59 AM.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:14 AM
5 Year Member
OK..but following those links, and reading that material would suggest to me that tinting is allowed just with some very specific standards to be met.

If i'm reading right you can tint rear passenger and rear window if you meet certain standards.
That's not a TOTAL ban.

It does seem California has some pretty tough standards in regards to tinting.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:28 AM
5 Year Member
yah, my buddy lives in burbank and has a new Q50 RS with just the rear sides and rear glass tinted.. i think he used 35%. looks kinda meh with just the rear windows, but it's doable. my wife's GK is also tinted like that. does not look nice like my cars with both front and rear tinted 35%.

when i lived in LA i had both front and rear windows tinted with 20%. never got pulled over.. but this was more than 17ys ago.

Old 08-06-2017, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
If you drove up and down the 405 from LA to San Diego and looked at the cars going by you would conclude that there are no restrictions because 30%+ do not comply with the tint law for front driver and passenger.

Some of those front tints are so dark that you cannot see the driver.

I took this up more than a year ago with the State Senator Bloom in Santa Monica. I argued that there needs to be a compromise and the law should be consistent with neighboring states of Arizona and Oregon. Arizona has a very conservative law enforcement system and they allow front tint to 35%.

At the same time Llumar came out with a high performance CLEAR tint that blocks UVA and UVB and the statute was amended to permit CLEAR on the front windows with a certification the driver must carry where the installer certifies that the tint blocks UVA and UVB and it is the reason that it was installed. Must be CLEAR only.

The Senator was not interested in moving the legislature to change the tint law even though many in his jurisdiction were not in compliance.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
I received one speeding ticket in my Fit Sport when I was taking a cross country drive. It was well deserved. I was going 80 in a 60-70 stretch of highway in the rain at about 40 degrees.

I'm not sure if I should believe this website though. How did they find this data out? Do they have carte blanche access to all MV reports in the country?

Honda Fits are definitely on the lower side to insure.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:29 AM
sjd
5 Year Member
I just got pulled over last week for the first time in my Fit, which I've only had a month. I had just completed a pass and he got me doing 113 km/h in an 80 km/h zone which is about 70 mph in a 45 mph zone.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
that is not very smart sjd..

ive NEVER been pulled over driving any of my fits..

Quick Reply: Which FIT gets the most Speeding Tickets?