limited passenger leg room - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

General Fit Talk
General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Old 08-11-2017, 09:10 PM

limited passenger leg room

2017 model. Why is the floor on the passenger side seat so much higher than driverís? Older models have a lower passenger floor thus a lot more leg room. My wife is 5í3Ē and can not stretch out...and yes seat is adjusted all the way back.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:49 PM

Thats odd, I actually felt more cramped in the GD model we test drove over my girlfriends new 2017 GK she just bought. Ill take a look at it when I see it next, could have the exhaust routed under the passenger side and raising the floor for that. My buddy had a firebird where that was such a nuisance. It was an insane hump in front of the passenger seat i think for the exhaust routing.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:07 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by callie View Post
2017 model. Why is the floor on the passenger side seat so much higher than driver’s? Older models have a lower passenger floor thus a lot more leg room. My wife is 5’3” and can not stretch out...and yes seat is adjusted all the way back.
and this is wat happens when a husband goes out and buys a car without his wife's input. shame!

Old 08-12-2017, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost1986 View Post
Thats odd, I actually felt more cramped in the GD model we test drove over my girlfriends new 2017 GK she just bought. Ill take a look at it when I see it next, could have the exhaust routed under the passenger side and raising the floor for that. My buddy had a firebird where that was such a nuisance. It was an insane hump in front of the passenger seat i think for the exhaust routing.
I remember those well! It was on the dual cat models. F-body's have very limited room for exhaust routing.

Agree on the GD. Interior is the smallest of all Fits. Floors are fairly flat though.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member

yah, come to think of it i too feel cramped when my wife picks me up at the airport at times. i have long legs so i always push the seat near all the way back just short of crushing my son.. lol. perhaps that is why i dont like riding shotgun in this car.