General For Sale Section Sell all your General, non Fit related items here. MUST HAVE 20 POSTS

91 CRX SiR

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
91 CRX SiR

91 CRX Sir
Honda CRX SiR in full battle trim, 4.88 LSD, close ratio, comp adjustable suspension, 175 hp, 15" litewgt wheels and 14" original wheels, 205/50x15 and 195/50x15 tires.great track and street car. current inspection. $4000 unless I keep it for the $4500 gas guzzler trade-in. PM mahout. Original IMSA magnetic logos and sponsor decals. and hauls!

ImageShack© - Gallery Now thats not right either. but at least it has photos. oh as someone informed me click on photos for large image. If you dio, note that really keen cup holder.

Last edited by mahout; Today at 01:55 PM.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
That was what my son wanted for a high school graduation present, but we had to say no because of the insurance rates. He ended up with a Karman Cabriolet and destroyed it in short order..... I don't even want to talk about his 69 MGB that he started out with. Good luck on selling that little sleeper.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
That was what my son wanted for a high school graduation present, but we had to say no because of the insurance rates. He ended up with a Karman Cabriolet and destroyed it in short order..... I don't even want to talk about his 69 MGB that he started out with. Good luck on selling that little sleeper.

I'm meaner than you. I bought a motorcycle for my son to get over early stupidity. worked like a charm. after his M/C crash, nothing serious, he got the message. Been seriously good driver ever since and he's pretty good on track.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:50 AM
wdb
5 Year Member
Nice cupholder! Free bump. I'm tempted, but there's this Subaru SVX in the next town over that's tempting too...

My son had to wreck his mom's beater Nissan and blow the engine on his beater Peugeot before he got the full message. As for me, well, it was worse than that.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
My kid was a natural athlete and burnt out on motorcycles at an early age, and got into bicycling. He actually got a paper route and also won contest selling subscriptions for two major Dallas newspapers when he was ten and bought a Suzuki OR-50..... He was conned by his mother into moving back in with her for a few months in a rural area and rode too and from school about 12 miles round trip when he was eleven.... He has climbed towers for a living for the last 13 years and rock climbs as a hobby..... I think he lost interest in driving fast after taking down a telephone pole in a 82 Accord while under the influence of mass quantities of alcohol and is very happy to drive a Ridgeline though his wife drives a TSX..... He is 36 now and almost through adolescence since recently becoming a father...... He prefers doing home improvements to turning wrenches now and has a really nice home in Dallas.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
My kid was a natural athlete and burnt out on motorcycles at an early age, and got into bicycling. He actually got a paper route and also won contest selling subscriptions for two major Dallas newspapers when he was ten and bought a Suzuki OR-50..... He was conned by his mother into moving back in with her for a few months in a rural area and rode too and from school about 12 miles round trip when he was eleven.... He has climbed towers for a living for the last 13 years and rock climbs as a hobby..... I think he lost interest in driving fast after taking down a telephone pole in a 82 Accord while under the influence of mass quantities of alcohol and is very happy to drive a Ridgeline though his wife drives a TSX..... He is 36 now and almost through adolescence since recently becoming a father...... He prefers doing home improvements to turning wrenches now and has a really nice home in Dallas.
Great. Most TX kids I got to know are pretty much the same and made us all all proud.
Now I wonder what happened. drugs? Government schools? Perplexing.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
My kid was one of only 28 white students in a school with a student body of over 1200 and was in the news off and on due to racial problems.... He learned tolerance and an appreciation of the differences in cultures and grew from it..... He was tiny and yet was recognised by the P.E. instructor as being the best athlete in the school.... This was a junior Hi that fed into a high school that has produced professional and Olympic athletes. He graduated from a very small school that was about half rich kids from the gated community that we relocated to and rural farm kids one of his buddies is a college professor another a Rhoades Scholar a couple of airline pilots and a bank president a few are just starting to get it together. ..... The one private Christian school he was in for 2 years was the place where he claims he met the most messed up kids.....I am really under the impression that we have been in trouble as a country due to people thinking they need to buy now and pay later with one parent working to pay interest on what they owe and the other working for every thing else..... In homes like that delayed gratification is unknown and there is usually very little supervision or interaction unless it is from a TV or video game. Kids that only see one side of life and come home to an empty house and superficial material substitutes for parents that are more interested in material items are in trouble regardless of which side of the tracks they come from or where they go to school.... Drugs were present and being used when I was in elementary school and before but never discussed..... The WWII generation consumed about anything they could get a prescription for and alcohol and tobacco, and there were a lot of problems behind the closed doors of people of all socio economic groups, it just wasn't news worthy.... I think our biggest problem is a combination of greed, materialism and hedonism. and it has become more common place and accepted in the last 40 or so years.....This is the reason that my son decided to wait until he was 35 to father a child.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
Not even original paint =[ or a real deal SiR =[

Old 06-25-2009, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
My kid was one of only 28 white students in a school with a student body of over 1200 and was in the news off and on due to racial problems.... He learned tolerance and an appreciation of the differences in cultures and grew from it..... He was tiny and yet was recognised by the P.E. instructor as being the best athlete in the school.... This was a junior Hi that fed into a high school that has produced professional and Olympic athletes. He graduated from a very small school that was about half rich kids from the gated community that we relocated to and rural farm kids one of his buddies is a college professor another a Rhoades Scholar a couple of airline pilots and a bank president a few are just starting to get it together. ..... The one private Christian school he was in for 2 years was the place where he claims he met the most messed up kids.....I am really under the impression that we have been in trouble as a country due to people thinking they need to buy now and pay later with one parent working to pay interest on what they owe and the other working for every thing else..... In homes like that delayed gratification is unknown and there is usually very little supervision or interaction unless it is from a TV or video game. Kids that only see one side of life and come home to an empty house and superficial material substitutes for parents that are more interested in material items are in trouble regardless of which side of the tracks they come from or where they go to school.... Drugs were present and being used when I was in elementary school and before but never discussed..... The WWII generation consumed about anything they could get a prescription for and alcohol and tobacco, and there were a lot of problems behind the closed doors of people of all socio economic groups, it just wasn't news worthy.... I think our biggest problem is a combination of greed, materialism and hedonism. and it has become more common place and accepted in the last 40 or so years.....This is the reason that my son decided to wait until he was 35 to father a child.

Very good result of a poor background. I suspect parents may be the reason he made it.
And yes today's youth worry me a lot too. Not just inability to handle credit cards but also the attitude that somebody else should take care of them better than their parents.
That attitude is why our national debt is rising from 1t to 3 T; they have no concept of paying back.
recently, I attended a symposium to show what kids know today. he moderators were so proud that the kids 'knew how to show respect in the workplace' but infuriated when I asked any of the students if they could tell me 'what is the interest on a $1000 loan at 6% for a year? and they couldn't answer. All eigtht graders, no less.
My defense: I need employees who can perform basic math and passable writing skills and these wouldn't pass our employment test.
Horrors! Obviously I didn't know what education really is.
I no longer wonder why Obama got elected.
Congratulations to you and your son.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
Arrrrgh! I want this !! But I don't have $4K

Old 07-16-2009, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Edison Carasio
Arrrrgh! I want this !! But I don't have $4K

You can watch it at VIR on the 26th. If you want, for $25 you can have a video (flash drive) from the cockpit.

Last edited by mahout; 07-16-2009 at 12:57 PM.