New Here

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Smile New Here

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this site and still trying to figure out my way around so please be patient.

Got my car as a surprise birthday present! My hubby called Honda West in Calgary (I travel a lot between Calgary & Edmonton) and got the last Fit car (Sport) in Western Canada (in my fav colour - blue) and decked it all out. It was awesome. Honda West threw in the full leather nose bra but I have since put the 3M on so I no longer need this. It was on the car for about a month since I had to drive it back to Calgary from Edmonton to get the 3M placed on it. Now I'm trying to unload this nose bra to someone who might be interested in it but not sure where I can do that. Any ideas? Thanks!

Old 08-27-2007, 01:10 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Welcome. You can post the Bra in the for sale section. Enjoy the site!

Old 08-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the tip. I've managed to find the sale section and have posted the ad.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Retired Moderator
Good luck with the sale and welcome to the site! You should come to one of our meets here in calgary whenever we decide to have one again...

Old 08-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Hi Illusive,

Thanks for the welcome! How do I find out when you guys have your meets? Do you post them here? I'll be in Calgary almost every weekend starting the Fall so if it's on a weekend, I'll definitely try to make it. I had no idea that there was so much interest in the Fit and stuff. It'll be nice to see what other people have done to their vehicles.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah we usually post up a meet at least a week in advance in this section of the forum. They always fall on a weekend so you are in luck! We usually meet at Chinook in the back on the upper parking lot. You'd be surprised with how many people in Calgary are modifying their Fits. I don't think there are as many up north in Edmonton...

Old 08-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Whooo that's a great present to receive! welcome to the site!

Old 08-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yeah, sweet present! Must be exciting, your going to enjoy this car lol, another blue fit to give Illusive some competition

Speaking of meets, we should start planning out our September one!

Old 08-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Smile Thanks for the great welcome

I have looked at the Fit for awhile (way before it was even offered) and told my hubby that if I were to trade in my Civic (great car) I would definitely get a Fit. Imagine my surprise when he concoct this whole story about getting my Civic detailed at the dealership for my bday (that was how he got me to clean out my car) and then I go in to find out that I just got a Fit Sport for my bday! I was more than thrilled... he had put everything I needed in it and since then, I've added the tinting, got the pedals & lug nuts (but haven't had time to put them on) and got the window deflectors for the doors. I love the window deflectors I got... it's not the ones you stick on but rather, you just push it into the gliders of the window. I had this same type on my Civic and loved them so needed to get them on the Fit. It's fab 'cuz you don't need glue and it makes it look really custom. I got mine from WeatherTech. There's a local dealership here in Edmonton who can get them in (so you don't pay for shipping).

I'm waiting for them to offer the extra large mats before I get them as I want the ones from WeatherTech. It's really great stuff there. I've never been disappointed. If I can figure out how to post a picture, I'd post the picture of my Civic and the Fit (took it at the dealership). It was apparently really hard for my hubby to get the Fit in 'cuz it's very popular and it's always backordered but he managed to get it from Vancouver.

Love the car and it's very fun to drive. Still trying to figure out where the front ends though... it's a steep drop from what I'm used to.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Smile For Sale Help

So I'm confused. I put the ad up in the For Sale: Accessories section but I don't see it posted. Did I miss something? As well, what are Tags? Thanks everyone for helping me out!

Old 08-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Retired Moderator
Oh, you want to post in this part of the forum if you ever want to sell anything:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...sed-fit-items/

The main link from the top goes to some weird part of the site no one uses.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Hi Illusive,

Thanks for the help. I've posted it to the link you provided and I can see it now. Just got to figure out how to post pictures, etc. Are you the main person who handles the Calgary meets? I see the Fit around Edmonton but definitely not as much as Calgary. Most of the Fit owners that I've seen around here (in Edmonton) are older people...

Old 08-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Well we all try to arrange a good time for everyone. To post pics, you need to host it somewhere else like flickr for example. Then you need a link to the image and then use the [IMG] [/IMG] tags around the link to make it show up.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by vlam
Hi Illusive,

Thanks for the help. I've posted it to the link you provided and I can see it now. Just got to figure out how to post pictures, etc. Are you the main person who handles the Calgary meets? I see the Fit around Edmonton but definitely not as much as Calgary. Most of the Fit owners that I've seen around here (in Edmonton) are older people...
eeeemmmmm, welcome to the site vlam...hey, define old?..caution though.....lol

Old 08-27-2007, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
welcome!

Old 08-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Hi! Hello! welcome to fitfreak

Old 08-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Hi Davevm,

Old... hhhmmm... the other Fit that I see in the same parking lot as me who works in the same building as me... I believe their about 40 something? My boss who's pass 65 is looking at getting a Fit as his retirement car.... I find the ones that are driving around in them aren't utilizing the Fit to its full capacity. I was at the Home Depot getting trim which was about 6' long and was able to stick it in the car through the back door with no issues. You should've seen the guy in the F150... I left him standing in the parking scratching his head. I wish I had my camera then. It was quite the site. I've picked up a gf at the airport and because of the seat, she was thrilled not to have to lift her BIG suitcase up so high to get it in.

Loving the iPod adapter too. It makes the trips on the QE2 a lot nicer to drive!

Old 08-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi George02 & sirhc!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I still have to figure out how to and find the time to load pictures. I'll see what I can do. It's a busy week for me so I'm hoping to get it done by early next week.

It's nice to see others enjoying the Fit as much as I have. I think everyone needs one!