Autocross Event!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Autocross Event!

EDIT: CANCELLED

Just checking out interest on this event, I went the weekend before last and had a blast. Lots of nice people, great way to have some fun and test out your mods. If you are a first timer this would be a good event to come to, it is nice open course with a next to nothing chance of hitting anything but cones. One of the other good things about the event is that the Fit is very competitive and it is easy to post a good time.

Race City - Calgary Alberta - Secret Street

If you are interested post up below, it runs every Friday night from now until mid October. Would be kind of neat if a whole crew of Fits showed up The event costs 25$, you also need a helmet (If you don't have one then it costs 5$ more to rent). I got about 7 runs in when I went, I also left early. Lots of seat time is always nice

lol, there is also a drag race which is included in the price... they encourage people to do both events... but I am too much of a chicken to do that!!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 09-28-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:47 PM
sign me up for next week

Old 09-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Too early!! I am planning on putting in my headers, Brakes & Lines, Sk2 SS, Catback Exhuast & painting my Calipers that weekend!!

What do you guys think about the 28th or Oct 5th?

Old 09-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Sounds like a great idea, count us in for the oct 5th date.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:51 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
That date works best for me as well

Old 09-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Retired Moderator
Sounds like fun, I'm 75% there

Old 09-12-2007, 08:54 PM
oct 5, i am in! just picked up my t1r header today!! nice!
cat back in a couple of weeks..can't wait

Old 09-12-2007, 10:41 PM
man, im way behind on mods... oct 5 sounds good

Old 09-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Hey this is going to be pretty good, we got 4 Fits going so far!

Hey YeeFit, you interested in this too?

Old 09-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Just wanted to Bump this thread, Autocross in 9 days.

Can't wait to test out how the new mods work out! lol, these cars are so quick through the course people are going to hate more than one of them being there

Hey Jonathan are you going to snap some nice shots for this event? Will be kind of cool to have them all together with the race numbers on the front windows lol, if we get there early we could do a "flying V" around the track!

So far the count is for 5 Fits.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 09-26-2007 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Yah I'll have the camera's out for this event. I'd like to get some driving in so ill pass off to the wife (if she makes it out)

Old 09-27-2007, 07:45 PM
I just heard a rumor that the autocrossing is done for the year on friday nights, they are running drift practices instead....

they say it's tentative but it's almost a for sure.

think we can drift with them???

heres the link:
RCDS practice number one, Sept. 28, Race City

Old 09-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Noooooooooo

Old 09-28-2007, 02:16 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yeah they had people "Drifting" the Autocross course when I was there... a great way to post a very crappy time and ruin your tires All about the style I suppose lol, kind of like figure skating.

I will look into it this upcoming week and see what is up. Last I heard the drifters come out to practice on the Autocross track, but the course is more for Autocrossing and has electronic timers. I don't mind sharing the track, but if it is true people are only drifting it will be hella crappy for us. I would say more or less they are just using it for cheap track time.

Will post an update of what I find out...

Old 09-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Well, after doing my research I have come to the conclusion that nobody has any idea

It SOUNDS like Autocross season is over for this year and the Drifters have come in to fill the void until Secret Street is done for the year. The only way to know for sure is to get a hold of Spencer, who actually runs the event (And yes; I have no last name, no contact info... all I know is he drives a tri-color Subaru). Unless somebody knows more than me I would say we should call it off.

I can't even express my disappointment. Was so looking forward to playing around again on the course.

Hey Justin, I remember Terrance was talking about some sort of snow-autocross event. Any more info on that?

Old 10-01-2007, 01:42 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member

Question:

Just wondering, do you guys still want to head down on Friday and see if they are running Autocross? If so, great... if not maybe we can cruise downtown and setup a couple of nice pictures on some parkade roofs or something?

Old 10-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Question:
Just wondering, do you guys still want to head down on Friday and see if they are running Autocross? If so, great... if not maybe we can cruise downtown and setup a couple of nice pictures on some parkade roofs or something?
i was going to be down only for a few hours anyway as i have hockey friday nights..but am wondering if anyone is up for something sat day? a drive somewhere west? get a beer somewhere?

Old 10-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Oh man...... What is this I hear about snow this week Looks like an 80% &#$^&$^ chance of snow or rain on Friday. Even if there was an autocross event I am sure it would be cancelled now.

I might be in for something like that Dave. I have had a pretty stressful week at work... my week at work started the Monday before last and has gone non-stop since. Would be nice to unwind on a drive somewhere nice.... weather permiting... screw it I am throwing on my Toyo Snowproxies and hitting the drifts anyway

Old 10-01-2007, 11:57 PM
okay, lets stay in touch for the week-end..get justin out too...haven't really had a chance to go over all the stuff everyone has done to theirs cars..hopefull we can get a nice morn/aft in this week-end.

if u feel stressed check out my note 2 u on the sk2 ss thread!

Old 10-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Retired Moderator
For sure, lets have a get together this weekend.

Quick Reply: Autocross Event!