Anybody get the I-Phone 6G limited offer plan?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 12:53 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Anybody get the I-Phone 6G limited offer plan?

Just a reminder, this is a Canada specific topic.... odds are if you are from any other country on the planet you are getting a better deal.... we know, now stop mocking us

Has anybody gotten the new 30$ 6G data deal from Rogers for the I-Phone yet? Apparently the promo wraps up at the end of this month and then it is back to 100$ per month for 6G... or 300mb for 30$.
I felt a bit burned because my current data plan only has 1.5mb for 15$ So I phoned them up today and was asking about it, seems some of this gravy from the I-Phone has spilled over to BB territory. Now I have a 6G plan for my Blackberry for 30$... I made some other changes and in the end my total bill is actually 3$ less per month.

The only thing I didn't figure out is what (BIS only) means on that plan. My 15$ plan didn't have that, is there something I am missing.

Anyway, I downloaded the new BB MSN, hooked up some new games and going to sync up my e-mail accounts now that I have all this extra space to play with. Finally, my BB can do everything it is supposed to!!

Old 08-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Retired Moderator
Looks like you are locked into Rogers for the next 3 years with that plan eh? It's good, but I'm holding off mainly because new carriers are coming into play in the next year or so so there will be better deals out. Rogers is trying to sign everyone to 3 year contracts right now...

Old 08-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
I've got it. it's awesome!!

Old 08-12-2008, 01:02 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I only signed up a few months ago for 3 years contract anyway so I could get cheap phones. So all I have done is extend my current contract out like 3 months.

It made sense, I have been fuming about the data plans this entire time because they are so stingy. I really wanted to sync up my e-mail at work, but the cheapest feasible plan would have easily doubled my bill

6Gigs.... I don't even know what to do with that much.

I might bring back something cool from China anyway in October so this super-plan might pay off

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-12-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Retired Moderator
lol in that case, not bad. If you've already signed a contract for 3 years, mind as well go over to this one. 6GB is a lot! Our data plans up here suck. When you go to China, go get a HTC Touch Diamond!! I just bought a new phone last month. Just to spite the iPhone, I ended up grabbing the Samsung F480

Old 08-12-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm calling rogers tonight to get them to adjust to the iphone plan as well, my data plan just sucks at the current moment.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMish
I'm calling rogers tonight to get them to adjust to the iphone plan as well, my data plan just sucks at the current moment.
I am still trying to figure out what (BIS Only) actually means

They make you sign up for 36 months and threaten you with 100$ if you want to back out of that part of the plan.

I am enjoying the full e-mail to my phone now, got my hotmail & work e-mails all setup Freaking rocks!!! I laugh in the face of attachments; you don't scare me anymore!!!

lol in that case, not bad. If you've already signed a contract for 3 years, mind as well go over to this one. 6GB is a lot! Our data plans up here suck. When you go to China, go get a HTC Touch Diamond!! I just bought a new phone last month. Just to spite the iPhone, I ended up grabbing the Samsung F480
They have some crazy new sh!t in China, they have had touch phones for like 3 years now. Plus they are cheap

I thought you had the IPhone?

Old 08-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I just got totally burned

Turns out BIS means "Blackberry Internet Server", this week my company announced the launch of a full Blackberry Enterprize Server where I could syn up my calander and contact list...

....long story short that is BES data, not covered under my spanky new 6G plan which is 100$ to break and change now.

Gotta love the fine print on this stuff I could pay an extra 30-40$ per month and get the BES plan on top... but not likely. Will have to make due without calander and giant contact lists.... *sigh*