February Calgary FF Meet!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 03:12 PM
February Calgary FF Meet!

Let set something up for a meet (hopefully more than 5 cars!)

What works for you guys? I'm thinking Sunday the 15th in the afternoon. Maybe a cruise to Kananaskis?

Old 01-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
hehe, more than 5 cars will be tough.

I am in, weather permitting of course.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
hehe, more than 5 cars will be tough.

I am in, weather permitting of course.
I should be down with that date. I might have a new member joining us now too! He registered for the site, but didn't spell check before he submitted.. He wanted to be Spid3r, but it ended up being Sipd3r! lol...

He has an 07 MR Sport 5psd. Maybe it'll be warm enough out this time for me to take some of you for a rip! I'm back down to 6psi now since I felt it was pointless running 9psi with icy roads lol.. better to keep it safe and save some of the winter tire tread

Old 01-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Sweet!

Hey what is this about you looking to unload your RPF1's! Are you putting them up for sale or just trade?

Old 01-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Sweet!

Hey what is this about you looking to unload your RPF1's! Are you putting them up for sale or just trade?
Hahaha.. I was thinking about trading Jon for his HFPs... I thought if I went up to a 16" wheel that was a tad heavier and get a wider tire that I would be able to keep the tires from spinning away...

But I think I'm gonna keep the RPF1s and just get some uber sticky summer tires in the spring like the Falken RT-615s or the Dunlop Z1 Star Specs... I think my General Exclaim tires were kinda crappy for grip. They had a 380 treadwear rating which is kinda high for a summer tire.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:31 AM
wow those suck man get better tires. I will also be looking for 15's in the same size so let's try and work something out for a mini group buy in a couple months.

I am looking at either the RT 615 or the Kumho XS

I am not sure I can make it that weekend being that it's a long one and it's Valentine's day the day before.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Valentine day being on Saturday, we should all be done smooching by Sunday pm.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Mr_ET
wow those suck man get better tires. I will also be looking for 15's in the same size so let's try and work something out for a mini group buy in a couple months.

I am looking at either the RT 615 or the Kumho XS

I am not sure I can make it that weekend being that it's a long one and it's Valentine's day the day before.
Ya I need something better.. I was thinking either the Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec in a 195/55 or the Falken RT-615 in a 205/50.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Being a new member, I'd love to join you guys on the cruise, whenever it may be. I've always had lots of fun on the many beyond.ca cruises I've attended in the past

I have a BBP GE8 LX AT on order... the dealership hasn't found one for sale yet, so I'm eagerly awaiting the phone call to tell me when my car is arriving.

It probably won't be here until after the cruise, but you never know . If it's not here by then, I'll be attending in my 2008 smart (if it hasn't sold by then). If all else fails, I'll arrive in a 2008 GMC Canyon that I've rented from work to move the family around in until the Fit arrives

--- Jibber

Last edited by Jibber; 01-30-2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Hey nice to see some new blood! Congrats on the new car, you GE8 guys are going to outnumber the GD3's in no time.

One of our other previous members had a Smart as well; Illusive.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Welcome aboard my BBP GE8 Friend!

Old 01-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by projekz
Welcome aboard my BBP GE8 Friend!
hehe, looks like you guys will be twins!

Old 01-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Damn street racers!

Was driving home from a funeral and I cracked my window open since its so nice out today and I could hear my turbo going balls out... funny thing was that I wasn't even driving hard... Then outta no where this total chachy guy with his gangsta driving pose pulls up to me in his RSX. It was his car making all that noise not mine lol... tried to take off on me but I was able to keep within 2-3 car lengths. His car was turbo'd for sure.. badgeless and a carbon fibre trunk lid.

Damn winter tire illegal drag racers! Why would someone in a RSX wanna try to race a Honda Fit? seriously... I bet he was a little surprised tho to see that I was right behind him teehee hahaha

I think my gigantic exhaust must make me look like a ricer and ppl just wanna take me on lol, apart from that my car looks pretty stock!

Old 01-30-2009, 06:06 PM
gerbil power for the win!

Old 01-31-2009, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by Jibber
Being a new member, I'd love to join you guys on the cruise, whenever it may be. I've always had lots of fun on the many beyond.ca cruises I've attended in the past

I have a BBP GE8 LX AT on order... the dealership hasn't found one for sale yet, so I'm eagerly awaiting the phone call to tell me when my car is arriving.

It probably won't be here until after the cruise, but you never know . If it's not here by then, I'll be attending in my 2008 smart (if it hasn't sold by then). If all else fails, I'll arrive in a 2008 GMC Canyon that I've rented from work to move the family around in until the Fit arrives

--- Jibber
What's your name on Beyond?

try to guess mine

BTW welcome to the forum and to our little section, behave and you'll enjoy your stay

Old 01-31-2009, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
You're still Mr_ET, right?

I used to be JDMSupraTT, and I had that Black JDM JZA70 that attended a few cruises and was in the beyond booth @ DTP Calgary and DTP Edmonton in 2007.

I asked Kenny to change my username to Jibber, so that's what it is now. I mainly lurk on whatever forums I frequent (clubsmartcar.ca, beyond.ca, fitfreak.net, maxima.org) so you won't see me posting very often.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Jibber
You're still Mr_ET, right?

I used to be JDMSupraTT, and I had that Black JDM JZA70 that attended a few cruises and was in the beyond booth @ DTP Calgary and DTP Edmonton in 2007.

I asked Kenny to change my username to Jibber, so that's what it is now. I mainly lurk on whatever forums I frequent (clubsmartcar.ca, beyond.ca, fitfreak.net, maxima.org) so you won't see me posting very often.
Yes I am and fairly OG there. My Fit is pretty much stock as everyone knows but you have probably seen some of the work done to Illusive's fit from last summer and my 97 civic race caRRRRRRRRRR

Old 01-31-2009, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
I've been around beyond for a long time as well.. my first username was csusratboy way back when it started. I remember when rage got his black SLK 320 and kenny got his white SLK32 (both of which I got a chance to drive at a CSCC event when I was the Solo2 director). My EK hatch was also present at the grand opening of Silent Rage up in the NE.. and Power Wheelchair lady FTW

Old 01-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Do you ever park your Smart down on 5th ave downtown?

Old 01-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMish
gerbil power for the win!
I stopped by Honda West today to have a quick look at an 09 Element and check out that promotion deal on it. 7000$ cash back if you put down cash for it. Is a great deal, like 30% off.

I might swing by next weekend with the wife to see if the seating positions work for her. If we pick one up that will leave the Fit open to some interesting options for the summer...

Still waiting on whether or not my condo will sell in the next few days though. The plan is to sneak it under the mortgage

Quick Reply: February Calgary FF Meet!