Should I?? My turn :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Should I?? My turn :)

So, I'm about to pull a Justin and am now on the fence about my car situation... I've come across a 2004 BMW 330i ZHP with Performance Package that has all the M appearance goodies.

I think the only reason I consider this is cause I am at the point where if I keep my Fit I'll be putting a lot more money into it, where if I just part it out, put it back to stock and sell it I could end up not having to spend any additional $$ at all.

This is my uncles car, he's the original owner.. put 50k on it over the past 5 years. He's looking at buying a new 5 series now and has said his baby could be mine if I wanted it. I'm looking at under 20k for the 330i. 6spd manual, 17" factory winter wheels/tires, and 18" M series summer wheels/tires, best of all... its white!.... yum yum

So, do I spend a load of cash to do a standalone or HKS Vpro, a high perf clutch, install my motor mounts and so on.... (the list is never ending) or do I just part it out, sell the car stock, and pick up my uncles car?

I love my Fit, its been fun but I just don't know if its worth all the additional money that I'm looking at dumping into it.... especially when I've been offered this beauty.

Here's a pic of one, its not his, but it looks identical.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member
im sorry to say this but if it were up to me n i was put in this situation, ill go for the bimmer. its a real good deal n it dun look like you gonna do to much more to it

Old 03-26-2009, 08:34 AM
The first question is would you mod the Bimmer and if no how would feel about not modifying a car anymore?

There is no question that the Bimmer is a better plateform to start with but if you want to get out of the Fit because you want to stop dumping money in it yet start dumping money into the 330i you won't be better off as everything will be more expensive :P

Old 03-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Looks like fun, I would do it But as a counterpoint, like ET was saying everything will be much more expensive.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:56 AM
This is totally true.. I caught myself thinking of doing some nice Dinan stuff, carbon intake etc. but thats it. But, then that is what I said about my Fit, Intake and wheels.. thats it.. now look at where I'm at!?!?

Perhaps you guys are right.. I've never been able to leave any of my cars alone. Shoot, even the 95 Passat VR6 I picked up for my fiance for 1900 bucks now has an intake on it...

Something to really think hard about instead of making a quick decision and regretting it.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Retired Moderator
I'd pick it up if you've gotten all that tuning out of your system. Like everyone else has said, its gonna be pricey! Don't forget the DOUCHE factor in a 3 series though hahahah!

Old 03-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Ya, I don't think I'll ever get the tuner bug outta my system.. I think I'll hang onto my car for now, its almost paid off so I'll make it my tinker/hobby car and then I'll pick up something nice

I hate how there's always a tag on asians and bimmers and mercedes.. I'll never be one of those guys IMO.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:25 PM
I hate how there's always a tag on asians and bimmers and mercedes.. I'll never be one of those guys IMO.
right....it's not just asians though...

Old 03-26-2009, 01:34 PM
lol.. true... time for a new post about which standalone EMS is the best for my car?

AEM EMS, Vi-PEC V88, or HKS F-Con Vpro?

Old 03-26-2009, 02:52 PM
I'd probably go with an AEM EMS but I have never tried any of those products so it's just from what I've been reading and what people recommend.

You should do it like me, have 2 normal cars that you never touch so they are always ready to be driven and reliable and then have a project car on the side that is always half apart

Old 03-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Ya, I think that is best... right now we just have my car, and a beater passat. I hate to say that the Passat has seemed more reliable than my Fit lol.. After the wedding we'll be able to review our finances and buy a new car for the wifey, then I'll look at getting something else for myself and keep the Fit as my toy.

It looks like the cost between the AEM, HKS, and Vi-PEC are pretty close in price.. its a matter of 2-3 hundred when I'm already spending around 2-3k. I guess one main factor would be tuning and who can do it.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Ok, I have decided that I can't bring myself to putting another 5-6k into my car anymore.. I've only put on 6000kms on my Fit since I turbo'd it and I think investing (if thats what I can call it) almost double what the car is worth in mods just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm going to be parting my Fit out soon. So I'll have some goodies for sale soon enough. Some new parts, some used, some barely used. I'll give dibbs to locals first when I get this done.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
lol, I had a feeling you would have a hard time turning down the BMW, I know I would

Do you have an SSM aftermarket lip on your car?

Now is your chance to get a hold of those wheels ET

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 03-27-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:45 PM
I know it seems like you've already made up your mind, but if it was me and i was having as many problems as you're having, i'd just sell the turbo kit, build the Fit NA, and then later on buy something like the bimmer. Or else sell the Passat along with the turbo kit, give the Fit to your wife, and buy the bimmer.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:13 PM
What's the offset on the rims Adam I may just have to pull the trigger here :P

Old 03-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr_ET
What's the offset on the rims Adam I may just have to pull the trigger here :P
+41

12 chars

Old 03-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Retired Moderator
LMAO nice job ET, picking up the rims so fast! Anyways, sold BOTH of the cars we were looking to sell, G35x last night, Fit today! Now the question is, where to go from here...

What you gonna get man? That Bimmer is nice, I think you can easily get $15,000 for your Fit even with higher mileage.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
LMAO nice job ET, picking up the rims so fast! Anyways, sold BOTH of the cars we were looking to sell, G35x last night, Fit today! Now the question is, where to go from here...

What you gonna get man? That Bimmer is nice, I think you can easily get $15,000 for your Fit even with higher mileage.
Holy crap that was fast! Congrats on the sale(s)! What did you end up getting for the Fit? Any left over parts?

lol, so now what? You must be cruis'n in the Miata until your new Merc gets here

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 03-27-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Not bad Justin!

If I pick up Adam's wheels, I would have to sets of rims and no tires lol.

+41 is the right offset too, maybe I should be allowed to "test drive" them on my car :P

Old 03-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Mr_ET
Not bad Justin!

If I pick up Adam's wheels, I would have to sets of rims and no tires lol.

+41 is the right offset too, maybe I should be allowed to "test drive" them on my car :P
I'll have to figure out a price for all my stuff.. haven't thought much about my wheels yet tho.. I'll check the wear on the tires and make a decision if you want them ET.

It's gonna take me some time to gather all the parts together and about a day or 2 to put my car back to stock...

Gotta talk to JDMish to get a new oil pan

Quick Reply: Should I?? My turn :)