Summer is here...time for a meeting

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Summer is here...time for a meeting

I knew summer is half way gone however there is no too late for a meeting. I am not a good planner so anyone can speak up and see what we can do...
UPDATE:

I had a plan here, let gather up @ somewhere first, then go for a little cruise, after the cruise we can head to Crescent Hill for some photo shooting...and head out for dinner/supper if anyone interest.

Date and Time: Aug 26 7:00 PM
Location: Old Part Source on 16 Ave NW between 2 and 4 street
Cruise: Will be around 16 Ave N, Edmonton trail, drive around in downtown, 17 Ave S then use 14 street to head back up on 16 Ave N
Photo Shooting: We can go to SAIT/ACAD or Crescent Hill to do the photo shooting

If anyone who like to do photo shoot feel free to join us, as my DSLR was broken few weeks ago so everyone please bring your carmera

Last edited by SNOWFIT; 08-23-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Weekends are out for me since I'm tentativly booked up for either scrambling or autocross until Sept. Thursday nights are typically out, but other than that given some lead time I should be able to make it out any other week night.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
We could shoot for a Friday one of these days, maybe the 20th?

Man you are hard-core C-man! I would love to do more autocross, but the distances involved are too much for me. I won't be doing much until the CSCC events in September or if SASC picks up another Venue here in town.

I am probably parting out starting in late September or October, if anybody wants dibs on parts let me know.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:02 PM
20th works for me

Yeah I've lost some urgency with autocross.
I'd been focussing on the SASC because it was in town and you were doing it too, so the way I felt was that the season just started, 2 events in, and suddenly it's over (maybe until next year...) Those 5 CSCC events earlier this year were considered practice for the SASC season.

Getting up at 6am to leave at 6:30am for Red Deer and back at 7pm or later is a really long day although I had considered if I was going to do it why not go to Edmonton for the better venue - LOL. The weather's looking crappy on Sat though, so leaning towards the CSCC event. Otherwise like you the Deerfoot Mall events and Saskatoon may be my last event for the year. I'd like to go to Packwood NT next year just to see what it's like, so hopefully we get a venue quickly. I've got lots to work on with my driving.

I have felt like autocross was starting to take over my life a bit too, and scrambling/climbing the past few w/e's has reminded me of how much fun that is and of some goals/dreams there etc. There's never enough time for everything...

Old 08-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yeah I know what you mean, I never have enough time for things... weeks are just a blur for me these days and I have plans almost every weekend non-stop.

I will let Jon & Justin know we are planning a meet too!

Where did you guys want to meet up?

Old 08-11-2010, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the respone from both of you guys...you guys did lot of auto X...I only bring my other car go to some laping day for fun...
Anyway sorry I can't make it on 20...anyother days you guys are ok?

Old 08-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by SNOWFIT
Thanks for the respone from both of you guys...you guys did lot of auto X...I only bring my other car go to some laping day for fun...
Anyway sorry I can't make it on 20...anyother days you guys are ok?

Sure we can push it back; maybe I'll get some stuff painted beforehand...

What about somewhere near downtown/central where some nice photos can be taken (not that I'm a photographer)?
It'd be neat to get the cars with the downtown core and/or mountains in the background.

Last edited by CPat; 08-11-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I would be in for a more scenic location for sure

Old 08-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
So.... is anybody still interested in doing a meet?

Old 08-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Still interested, been busy at work and play though and haven't given it more thought.

CA

Old 08-19-2010, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
Interested !!! As I am the one who started it but I been pretty busy sorry
Lets do it sometime next week
I am free almost everyday next week !

Old 08-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
^^ How about next Thursday?

Cpat, what location are you thinking about?

Old 08-20-2010, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member
Next Thursday works for me YEAH
beyond meeting spot? or any mall so we can go and get a Starbucks :P??
BTW so far we only got 3 people reply in this post...is that mean only 3 people will show up??

Old 08-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
haha, the best showing I have ever had in the Calgary fit club was 6 Fits.... and most of those guys are gone now! That is Calgary for your, everybody is busy and even having a meet at all is tough to organize.

Will is still around I think... maybe I will see if Jon can get a hold of him, also maybe Justin will come with his GE8?

Old 08-20-2010, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
I did saw the photo from last meeting...and thats ok I will still show up maybe from now on I will ask whoever had a Fit on the street and ask them to come to the meeting

Old 08-21-2010, 12:43 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
^^ haha, that is how I get dragged into it. SIRCH saw me at the car wash when I first got rims for my Fit... he had a black fit with red rims & stickers all over it so naturally I avoided him like the plauge, lol. But he was a trooper, he came over and invited me out to the a FitFreak meet. Nice guy, I don't know what ever happened to him though. He just sort of disappeared and I have never seen his Fit around.

EDIT: I found his sig picture is still active;

Name:  GD333ph.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  10.9 KB

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-21-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:22 PM
hey kinda new to fit freak and id be down to bring my fit to a meet ive benn kinda loooking for fits cuz i feel im the only one lolol

Old 08-22-2010, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
Sweet, one more will be coming welcome Turbotoro
I also asked one of my friend who got a GD3 come with me so now we had 5 GD3 to show up !!!...anyone with a GE8 ???

And back to the topic

I had a plan here, let gather up @ somewhere first (example: Chinook Mall parking where the beyond meet is) then go for a little cruse, after the cruse we can head to Crescent Hill for some photo shooting...and head out for dinner/supper if anyone interest.

I am not sure where will be the best for everyone so I had pick two location to gather up

1. Chinook Mall SE Beyond/403 meeting spot
2. Old Part Source on 16 Ave NW between 2 and 4 street

Let me know which one you guys like the most and the cruse will be around 16 Ave N, Edmonton trail, drive around in downtown, 17 Ave S then use 14 street to head back up on 16 Ave N...we can go to SAIT/ACAD or Crescent Hill to do the photo shooting

I would be thinking let gather up @ around 7....

Let me know what you guys think !!

Last edited by SNOWFIT; 08-23-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I am down for just about anything right now, I like the crescent hill idea for photo's. We could probably get some nice evening long exposure pictures that would look pretty cool.

Originally Posted by Turbotoro
hey kinda new to fit freak and id be down to bring my fit to a meet ive benn kinda loooking for fits cuz i feel im the only one lolol
Sweet, come out for sure!

Old 08-22-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm unavailable on Thursday as I work that night. Why don't we make it the same as the beyond meet? And just park all in the same row then roll out?

Quick Reply: Summer is here...time for a meeting