Reminder to all FiTFreaks

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
Reminder to all FiTFreaks

Be alert for cops. It's month end and they will be out there trying to
meet their monthly quotas for TVRs!

Do slow down and drive carefully. The money you save will go a long way to pay for your dream mod.

Last edited by Benggolf; 05-30-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:26 AM
We drive Fits. It's very hard for us to get pulled over for speeding. I should make a thread polling how many people been pulled over in their Fit, but I'm lazy. Someone else do it lol

Old 05-30-2009, 02:32 AM
5 Year Member
LOL, No hazzelbridge way for me~ I aint gonna get VI for no DRL again~

Old 05-30-2009, 04:09 AM
Funny you posted this b/c I drove by/was behind 4 or 5 police cars today. A handsome officer even smiled at me, lol!!!

Old 05-30-2009, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
Bastards made up some lame excuse about no DRL (I re-wired them already to my LED's) and gave me a box 2 last month. Told me to go to Honda specifically to get it checked up. He even said he really likes my car.... except for the lights... I was like WTF. Then I looked up motor vehicle act and it states that you don't even need DRL's to pass VI test.

They're just growing stuff out of their ass!

Originally Posted by Guinness
LOL, No hazzelbridge way for me~ I aint gonna get VI for no DRL again~

Old 05-30-2009, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
WTF Seriously? Wow, i got a VI for nothing then~! BROTHERS UNITE~!

Old 05-30-2009, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Don't drive by the front entrance of arberdeen center at night...always have road blocks there at night from 11-4:30am

and then alexandra road.near the end of it....
then the entrance of 99hwy from steveston hwy
oak st bridge on ramp from bridgeport
the twisty part of artherlane bridge to VAN, they are always at the bottom...

Old 05-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
We drive Fits. It's very hard for us to get pulled over for speeding. I should make a thread polling how many people been pulled over in their Fit, but I'm lazy. Someone else do it lol
haha my bestfriend would be the 1st one.. lmao she got pulled over for speeding a month after she got it.. doing 87 in a 55
went to court 3 times to fight it.. cop never showed up.. so ticket got dismissed.. no points no money lol

Old 05-30-2009, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
just drive within +10 of the posted speed..
plan ahead of time if you're late.. learn to be organized. it takes discipline too.

for those that wanna race.. take it to the track. PDC is a pretty good club @ mission.

cops are at the bottom of my worries. cellphone should be banned while driving. stay alert and drive defensively. drive smart.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
yup, my friend got ticketed for going 95 at the uBC highway. I was lucky i was behind him.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ACfit
Bastards made up some lame excuse about no DRL (I re-wired them already to my LED's) and gave me a box 2 last month. Told me to go to Honda specifically to get it checked up. He even said he really likes my car.... except for the lights... I was like WTF. Then I looked up motor vehicle act and it states that you don't even need DRL's to pass VI test.

They're just growing stuff out of their ass!
here's a suggestion..
don't bother the cops next time when u r in an emergency situation

Old 05-31-2009, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Spooling
here's a suggestion..
don't bother the cops next time when u r in an emergency situation
er... what does your comment have to do with them giving me a VI??

He was trying to meet his quota for the month (got VI'd on the last day of the month) and I find that ridiculous.

Spooling.... next time it could be you that get VI'd for nothing... could be anyone who mods their car really.. But you probably run more risk than me since you stripped your interior.

I just want to let other Fitfreakers know that they can give out VI's for no legitimate reason and so if you can, just stay away from cop cars even if your car is only mildly modded. If you have bi-xenon HID and you disabled your DRL, just watch out.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ACfit
er... what does your comment have to do with them giving me a VI??

He was trying to meet his quota for the month (got VI'd on the last day of the month) and I find that ridiculous.

Spooling.... next time it could be you that get VI'd for nothing... could be anyone who mods their car really.. But you probably run more risk than me since you stripped your interior.

I just want to let other Fitfreakers know that they can give out VI's for no legitimate reason and so if you can, just stay away from cop cars even if your car is only mildly modded. If you have bi-xenon HID and you disabled your DRL, just watch out.
HID,LED etc is illegal on the car. You do non DOT approved modifications then you take the risk of getting pulled over.
If I do get a VI, I suck it up. I don't come on here and complain.
How do you know that I don't have 2 or more daily drivers? a liter bike?

Old 05-31-2009, 05:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Spooling
just drive within +10 of the posted speed..
plan ahead of time if you're late.. learn to be organized. it takes discipline too.

for those that wanna race.. take it to the track. PDC is a pretty good club @ mission.

cops are at the bottom of my worries. cellphone should be banned while driving. stay alert and drive defensively. drive smart.
Can't agree more~ Save your money brothers~

Old 05-31-2009, 05:51 AM
5 Year Member
A friendly reminder to you people. We all have had our best and worst of times. Its definately uncool to get ticketed for some stupid reasons (Getting VI for no DRL at night). I think venting on this forum is totally understandable, because I would probably do the same if I got ticketed for some silly reason and hope that some of you guys will show some empathy for me.

We are all fitfreaks here, so lets not point fingers at one another. Besides, what you learn here may one day save you some hard earn money. We already have to pay for GST and PST for pretty much anything, we definately dun need to pay the gov't anything extra.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
Agreed... and well put.

Originally Posted by Guinness
A friendly reminder to you people. We all have had our best and worst of times. Its definately uncool to get ticketed for some stupid reasons (Getting VI for no DRL at night). I think venting on this forum is totally understandable, because I would probably do the same if I got ticketed for some silly reason and hope that some of you guys will show some empathy for me.

We are all fitfreaks here, so lets not point fingers at one another. Besides, what you learn here may one day save you some hard earn money. We already have to pay for GST and PST for pretty much anything, we definately dun need to pay the gov't anything extra.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
The only speeding ticket I ever received was in my Fit going south on Knight Street from King Ed. It was a speed trap and I sped up to pass some guy after the light went green... Big fail on my part However Since I moved to MTL I didn't have to pay for the points for next years renewel

Old 06-09-2009, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
I got a ticket on on Main last thurs, but not in the Fit tho.
Going to dispute it b/c the police said i was going 75km/hr when i was consciously aware that I was driving at 60
boo urns!

Old 06-10-2009, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chickz_magnet
I got a ticket on on Main last thurs, but not in the Fit tho.
Going to dispute it b/c the police said i was going 75km/hr when i was consciously aware that I was driving at 60
boo urns!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Leo.
Hope you win your case.