Retiring from Organising Group Buys

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
Retiring from Organising Group Buys

Hey guys,

Just want to officially declare that I will stop organising Group Buys for fitfreaks... its been too much trouble and people on this forum is starting to become really abusive.

Anyway, I'll still be more than happy to help out the local folks in getting parts, so whenever I'll go to China or Japan to get new products, you lot will be the first to know.

Thanks again for participating my previous Group Buys, I learn a lot from these purchases and really, you local boys are awesome

Cheers,

Guinness

Old 05-22-2010, 03:10 PM
That sux man hopefully you did not get burnt to bad from what I can tell by your posts u seem to be a nice guy. Don't let it get you too down man

Old 05-22-2010, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by crash001
That sux man hopefully you did not get burnt to bad from what I can tell by your posts u seem to be a nice guy. Don't let it get you too down man
Its not that I got burn, its a simple fact that I cannot talk to people who think they are so right and need to discredit others who actually have the dedication to fly across the pacific and look for quality items for fellow fitfreaks...

And what proof does he have? Photos on ebay and a simple "message to seller" note.

I think I deserve more respect and if people are just being so abusive, i can really care less. Heck, the ones on Ebay can be purchased for USD85 a piece, its just ABS + CF Overlay. If its fiberglass, its even cheaper~

Bottom line is, what you pay is what you get.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Guinness
Its not that I got burn, its a simple fact that I cannot talk to people who think they are so right and need to discredit others who actually have the dedication to fly across the pacific and look for quality items for fellow fitfreaks...

And what proof does he have? Photos on ebay and a simple "message to seller" note.

I think I deserve more respect and if people are just being so abusive, i can really care less. Heck, the ones on Ebay can be purchased for USD85 a piece, its just ABS + CF Overlay. If its fiberglass, its even cheaper~

Bottom line is, what you pay is what you get.
Not once, I have I given false information, yet you continue to do so and accuse me of misinformation. The $85USD is in fact ABS plastic. Here is the link. 2009 09 Honda 2nd Fit/Jazz Mugen Style Spoiler/Wing ABS: eBay Motors (item 220529510667 end time Jun-18-10 09:55:54 PDT)

However, the wing I mentioned in the GB thread, that is identical to the one you were organizing a GB for is indeed 100% Grade AAA CF. Here is the link HONDA FIT/JAZZ JDM MGN CARBON FIBER REAR SPOILER 09 10: eBay Motors (item 170487588281 end time May-24-10 13:31:48 PDT)

The only difference between this spoiler and the one in your GB? about $80... and they ship for free.

This discussion could and should have been over long ago, but you refuse to admit that the spoilers are the same and that your price was far too high for a group buy when the product already exists for a much cheaper price.

the dedication to fly across the pacific and look for quality items for fellow fitfreaks...
As I recall, you have family "across the pacific'', so don't act like some martyr. And I can't say, but I would venture to guess that you might make a buck or two off these group buys.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Guinness for all your hard work. This guy is nothing but honest and is a great person to deal with. There's no need to start bashing on each other and make accusations. We'll all have our different opinions and if you don't like what one person is offering, go get your product from somewhere else.

Just so you know, pictures and what they say on ebay are not enough to assume it's the same product offered by Guinness. Don't say it's the same until you have both products, side-by-side and in your hand for you to compare the products. Just remember, products on ebay are NOT always as listed. It's not unless you manufacture the product yourself that you know if you're getting real fiberglass or whatever it's made of.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
^^ agreed

i have nothing but good things to say about Guinness, works hard to keep ppl happy.

Guinness dont let one person talking shit get you down... its only one person

Old 05-23-2010, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
Aaron!! Cheer Up
Dont let this one guy take u down. I think the GVRD FF'ers are quite happy with the Groupbuys you bring in for us!!..

Either way Your efforts were greatly appreciately! Thanks!

Old 05-23-2010, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks guys for placing the trust and faith in me. I think people can judge for themselves so I don't even care anymore, heck I dont even drive or own a fit no more, let alone a GE.

And what does my family in asia got to do with this GB? Making a few buck or two from these GB... sure, try Sending 6 HID kits via FEDEX, UPS, and DHL for "warranty" purpose or lost in mail out of your pocket and see how much you make... heh. Just cant help but laugh~

GL with after sales on ebay~ but thats not my problem =P

Last edited by Guinness; 05-23-2010 at 02:26 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jordy
^^ agreed

i have nothing but good things to say about Guinness, works hard to keep ppl happy.

Guinness dont let one person talking shit get you down... its only one person
jordy.....u at gear heads now..what happened to ground zeroo? lol

Old 05-25-2010, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member
More photos to share, just to prove that I never cheated anyone on my Group Buys. I'll leave you guys to do the judging...

Ebay CF Spoiler - USD157.99 Free shipping
HONDA FIT/JAZZ JDM MGN CARBON FIBER REAR SPOILER 09 10: eBay Motors (item 120571781137 end time May-25-10 13:57:28 PDT)

Blackout part MAY be mounting bracket, but seller has not respond to my questions nor provide updates on closeups... Been 3 days now.

ABS Spoiler - USD39.99 + USD40 Shipping:
2009 09 Honda 2nd Fit/Jazz Mugen Style Spoiler/Wing ABS: eBay Motors (item 220529510667 end time Jun-18-10 09:55:54 PDT)

Cost of ABS Spoiler in China is USD25 (MOQ50) painted. Shipping extra. Since its not CF so item is unrelated.

Proposed GB CF Spoilers: MAX USD260 - price negociable based on interest.

Whole Spoiler is CF, no blackout part or mounting plate.

Closeup on mounts - No blacked out area or plates. Full CF.

As a sidenote, its because I have family in Asia thats why I fly frequent and can do GBs. If not, where does JDM Goodies GB and HID Projectors GB come from? Making a buck or two from GB's? I would have been BANNED long ago for not being a legit FF Vendor.

Anyway, thanks again for local support. I will still do what I can if you boys need parts... but I am retiring from organising GB for the whole FF, thats for sure... too much hassle and there's always ebay =)

Last edited by Guinness; 05-25-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:58 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Retiring this thread! He tried the group buy, there wasnt enough interest, hes not doin it anymore.. THIS IS DONE