cargo cover...hard to find

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 11:04 PM
cargo cover...hard to find

Hi all, I am a new Fit owner. I have a 1st gene blue one. I am trying to get a cargo cover, but it seems honda don't make it anymore. Anyone know where in Vancouver I can buy one? Thanks

F

Old 08-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Well, I contact openroad honda and westwood honda, both said Honda has discontinue the product and Honda.ca do not have this stock anymore. I end up ordering one from the states. Now is just wait for the shipping.

F

Old 08-31-2010, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
oh wow, didn't know that its hard to find.
its only a 2 year old part, how much did you end up paying?

Old 09-01-2010, 12:49 AM
$170 CAD after shipping, thru ebay. I am also surprise that this is not available already...it seems no dealer has the stock and none of them can order it at all...think about that there is still so many fit on the road...

Old 09-01-2010, 02:47 AM
are you kidding me??!!

Should have sold you mine for $120 then picked this up!

seriously! since you're on the forum already, should have asked around first. there's always someone selling their Fit and don't need theirs anymore.

Post a WTB in the local buy/sell or even the general section since you obviously don't mind getting things shipped from the states, and maybe wait more than 18 hours for a reply before jumping the gun!

Oh well, I guess what's done is done. Anyone else looking for a cargo cover, click the above link!

Old 09-01-2010, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
yeah, he is right, the best option is
try the forum here first, the Canadian Buy & Sell section
then the US section -most US members don't like to ship to Canada but worth a try
before buying from ebay

Old 09-01-2010, 01:38 PM
I buy stuff from the states all the time. Just get it shipped to Point Roberts instead.
Tsb Shipping Plus

that's if the company lets you ship to something besides your paypal or credit card. But members should have no problem shipping it there. You just pay a small fee to pick up your package. $3 for small, $5 for mediums etc....

Saves you on the shipping cost and sometimes saves you the customs duty charge. If the border guard doesn't think it's worth the hassle, he'll just let you pass without paying duty.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hungff77
Hi all, I am a new Fit owner. I have a 1st gene blue one. I am trying to get a cargo cover, but it seems honda don't make it anymore. Anyone know where in Vancouver I can buy one? Thanks

F

EBAY there are several listed for $68.99 US - free shipping.

Search Honda Fit OEM style Rolling Cargo Cover Roll 07 08

Dave

Old 09-01-2010, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lungfish23
that's if the company lets you ship to something besides your paypal or credit card. But members should have no problem shipping it there. You just pay a small fee to pick up your package. $3 for small, $5 for mediums etc....

Saves you on the shipping cost and sometimes saves you the customs duty charge. If the border guard doesn't think it's worth the hassle, he'll just let you pass without paying duty.
this is great help man, thanks very much
I've already register as soon as I see your post.
I got a question, you know in paypal, they allow more than 1 address
can we simply add this TSB pickup depot to our paypal and have it ship there?
anyone try it before?
thanks

Old 09-01-2010, 02:01 PM
^^ that is also a good question. I have never done that (or even thought about that)

I don't see why not. It won't be "verified" but I don't see it being a problem.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Also, if I get a Nexus pass, can I use it @ the Point Roberts border?
I can see some savings in a long run such as fill up the gas and pickup the parts...
wow, thanks alot.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:18 PM
I do not have a Nexus pass but according to Cross often? Make it simple, use NEXUS

nexus is available at Point Roberts. I don't live "close"(close enough but still like a 20 minutes drive) to Point Roberts but if you're from Richmond or something, it could be worth it for gas and beer...hahahaha

Old 09-01-2010, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by alanchan
this is great help man, thanks very much
I've already register as soon as I see your post.
I got a question, you know in paypal, they allow more than 1 address
can we simply add this TSB pickup depot to our paypal and have it ship there?
anyone try it before?
thanks
Sellers perfer the billing and shipping address of the credit card to be the same

Originally Posted by alanchan
Also, if I get a Nexus pass, can I use it @ the Point Roberts border?
I can see some savings in a long run such as fill up the gas and pickup the parts...
wow, thanks alot.
Nexus pass can be used @ Roberts Bank Border

Old 09-02-2010, 12:22 AM
some ebay sellers only ship to verified address (credit card confirmed), others will ship to another address no problems. ask first if you're not sure.

As for using Nexus, you CAN NOT use Nexus if you're bringing something across. You line up like everyone else. Get caught once and you're out of the program for good. no chance of returning. And probably marked to be checked everytime you cross from then on. Plus at a tiny crossing like Point Roberts, your chances of getting checked and caught are very high. Don't risk it.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
You shouldn't be able to add an american address to your canadian paypal account. Paypal just won't let you...i tried to do the same a while ago.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tanger
You shouldn't be able to add an american address to your canadian paypal account. Paypal just won't let you...i tried to do the same a while ago.
yeah, you are absolutely correct, it won't allow you to add a US address in paypal.
so what do most people do?
drive down to TSB, pickup your parts, show the receipt at the border and pay 12%HST, still save $$ right?
am I missing any hidden charges that I should be aware of?
thanks guys

Old 09-02-2010, 01:41 PM
its pretty much that simple. You do have to pay to pick up the part though. Thats how tsb makes money. They have a list of the pricing on their website. Just see if the difference of shipping the package to Canada is more than the pick up fee. Unless the package is small, you should save money. Shipping is really expensive as soon as it needs to cross the border.

And when you're coming back across the border, just show your receipt, and its up to the border guard whether you pay duty or not. I've taken $150 worth of stuff and not been taxed but have had to pay taxes on like $50. For packages with a high declared value, for the most part, you will always get taxed when you get it shipped to Canada. Picking the part up, you have a better chance of not having to pay. They might not think its worth their time to get you to go in a fill out paperwork. So it's just up the guard and how he feels at that moment. So don't bank on not having to pay duty, but there's a chance.

What you for sure save money on is shipping and "broker" fees. Some companies like UPS charge a broker fee or a special service fee because they paid for duty ahead of time for you. And it also helps since some people on the forums don't like shipping internationally. (even if you are willing to pay for it)

Note: I would not recommend hiding any of the stuff from the border guards to save on duty. You may be blacklisted.

I hope this helps you. I get parts/things shipped there all the time and have never had problems.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
I just order the Mugen front grille
to ship to TSB
will let you guys know how it goes next week
thanks alot guy!!

Old 09-21-2010, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hungff77

F
Did u ending up getting the cover ?

Old 09-22-2010, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't get the Mugen grille, I got the sport version one from Henry here.

Quick Reply: cargo cover...hard to find