drop springs or full suspension..

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 04:54 AM
How much is that?...

Old 05-06-2009, 04:56 AM
5 Year Member
coilovers? depends. 800-1600.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:46 AM
So what coilovers does everyone have? I sort of wanna ride in everyone's car to see how it rides.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by die_lawn
haha sorry no bags for me, the whole "bags are for fags" motto is what I go by... If you had seen my accord it would put bags to shame... Not that air runners suck, but I'm the kind of guy that wants to be slammed all day, everyday... More respect than riding high then parking and laying it on the ground.. If you had only seen my yellow sub frame haha
Originally Posted by showcaseGD3
^^^ well put....
I beg to differ!!! I'm not saying that I or my car is better then anyone or anyone elses car, but I find it funny how it's always the people who never had air bags are the same people that always have negative things to say about it!!! I can speak from experience, as I've had many lowered cars, some w/springs, some w/coilovers and some w/air bags... There is no other suspension that even come close to the comfort, handling or diversity of a air suspension!!! Boy I must be be a fag...

I guess if you like scraping over speedbumps and driveways and enjoy stiff, bouncy rides and don't mind changing your tires due to excessive ware you must be cool...

Post a pic of your accord/yellow sub frame... Lets see it!

Old 05-06-2009, 07:14 PM
for full coil.. get some deals at hopupracing.com and $100 shipping to honolulu..

Old 05-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by hanapaa808
I beg to differ!!! I'm not saying that I or my car is better then anyone or anyone elses car, but I find it funny how it's always the people who never had air bags are the same people that always have negative things to say about it!!! I can speak from experience, as I've had many lowered cars, some w/springs, some w/coilovers and some w/air bags... There is no other suspension that even come close to the comfort, handling or diversity of a air suspension!!! Boy I must be be a fag...

I guess if you like scraping over speedbumps and driveways and enjoy stiff, bouncy rides and don't mind changing your tires due to excessive ware you must be cool...

Post a pic of your accord/yellow sub frame... Lets see it!
I never said bags are garbage, but I have never been in a car with bags that could handle as good as full coilovers, I've rode in alot of samsons customers cars as well as my friends air runner equiped cars, and I can tell you the ride was great, but to have the stance and handling ability that a full suspension car has is not compareable.

Oh and if you can't handle scraping then just ride stock height, don't bitch about hitting crap on the ground. Also you don't need to always change your tires is you have camber kits on your car. What if you hit a turn fast and your bag blows out? More than likely you'll lost control, it's not like my spring is gonna break off my coilover. For 4g's I cab see so much more being done to the car other than suspension...

But hey I was never dissing bags to begin with, I'd just rather have a shitty bouncy ride while scraping the shit out of everything that gets in my way

Old 05-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Oh and as soon as I get to a computer I'll post some pictures just for you

Old 05-06-2009, 07:45 PM
springs are for ding-a-lings!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
MEAN

Old 05-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by die_lawn
I never said bags are garbage, but I have never been in a car with bags that could handle as good as full coilovers, I've rode in alot of samsons customers cars as well as my friends air runner equiped cars, and I can tell you the ride was great, but to have the stance and handling ability that a full suspension car has is not compareable.

Oh and if you can't handle scraping then just ride stock height, don't bitch about hitting crap on the ground. Also you don't need to always change your tires is you have camber kits on your car. What if you hit a turn fast and your bag blows out? More than likely you'll lost control, it's not like my spring is gonna break off my coilover. For 4g's I cab see so much more being done to the car other than suspension...

But hey I was never dissing bags to begin with, I'd just rather have a shitty bouncy ride while scraping the shit out of everything that gets in my way
My point exactly! It's always the people that never had it!!! Nuff said...

Old 05-06-2009, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
edit edit edit edit edit

Last edited by showcaseGD3; 05-07-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by hanapaa808
My point exactly! It's always the people that never had it!!! Nuff said...
So basically what you're saying is that I need to go out and dump 4g's to "test" out bags and see if I like them? Like I said, I've rode in alot of cars with them so I know how is the ride is. One of my friends even said that one he hits close to 100mph in his TL that it just goes to crap already, so based off of other peoples opinions and experience I would say that bags are great if you can't stand being low all the time and if you're afraid of getting recon tickets, but you can't go wrong with a decent set of coilovers what till cost a 1/4 of the price. So pretty much what you're saying is that since I don't own a set I'm "jealous" of yours?

Last edited by die_lawn; 05-06-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:33 PM
wow too much...

you guys need to relax...

the bags are for fags...
is kinda insulting also w/ people who have bags...

i like both bags and full susp. only wish i can afford bags..

Old 05-06-2009, 10:35 PM
also this is hawaii community so where is the aloha....

Old 05-06-2009, 10:55 PM
meann the dope like part 2 FH mean..

well man i think i found u springs.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by 808duece
wow too much...

you guys need to relax...

the bags are for fags...
is kinda insulting also w/ people who have bags...

i like both bags and full susp. only wish i can afford bags..

I edited my sig just incase anyone gets upset..

But it's like I said it's not that I hate on bags, it's just that i'm not looking for bags, I'm more performance oriented, so it was never intended for anyone to get butt hurt nor was it directed at any single person...

Old 05-06-2009, 11:27 PM
yea i kno what you meant...
looking more on the performance than a v.i.p.
you want something that can handle your driving style or what can make you feel good driving your car...
people want this and that for their car...
basically its on your own opinion what you want...

people bash on other cars due to they cant have it.. no offense to those people...
its all up too you i guess...

soo people keep those negative sh!t out of fitfreaks.net cause we dont want it here....

Last edited by 808duece; 05-06-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:33 PM
yessir
(10 char)

Old 05-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Like I said, I changed my sig so no one here gets salty,but it's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.. Thank you very much...

Old 05-06-2009, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
OH BOY
i guess this thread went too far with the whole bags thing.... back to the subect.

I think coilovers would be perfect for your(Die_Lawn) car seeing that you'll have the ride height/dampening adjustment with that set up. But then again spring and dampener setups is what some people perfer. I think there are some people have some kind of set up here. I think the guys that go to SCCA would better fill you in on that.

Quick Reply: drop springs or full suspension..