Maintenance Check

Old 11-09-2009, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
Maintenance Check

how much you guys pay for your B1 maintenance check? this is for those who bring it to honda.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:51 PM
which one is b1? is that the rotate tires one? i would just do it yourself man, dont trust those service department guys!

Old 11-09-2009, 11:18 PM
rotate and oil change

Old 11-10-2009, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
ya those guys look fukcing shady. i thought i would only pay for oil change but labor for everything came out to be like 114.....

Old 11-10-2009, 03:26 AM
well they went over it with you, if you dont like it then leave.. all the dealers cost almost same, retail oil change is like 50$, then disposal, then about $60 for tire rotation and the inspection.. can go firestone instead or something. the fit is the EASIEST oil change EVER too.. just do it yourself, i just did mine in the rain at night

Last edited by HONDAMATIC; 11-10-2009 at 03:35 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:36 AM
by the way the honda oil filter is 7-9$ already

Old 11-10-2009, 11:37 AM
look in your owners manual and there's the description for all of the service codes. oil change and rotating tires are easy enough for anyone; if i can do it anyone can. you might as well change to synthetic oil if not already done (royal purple), and get a magnetic drain plug or a fumoto valve =P

and seriously, i wouldn't bitch about the price if you're taking it to the dealer. their labor rate won't change if it's changing oil or troubleshooting an ecu issue. you're paying the minimum amount it takes them to cover their overhead; they're not some friendly mechanic you can bribe with a plate lunch and soda. . . . . if you're concerned about warranty but want to save money then make sure you follow the maintenance schedule, write down everything you do, and keep your receipts.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:06 PM
bring me some kj's ill rotate your tires for you :P

Old 11-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by randay
bring me some kj's ill rotate your tires for you :P
line up the valve stem on the hupcaps or no soda for you

Old 11-11-2009, 06:40 AM
5 Year Member
this is the first car i've OWNED so i am not familiar with how much dealers charge, labor rate, etc. now i know so ok.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by chinkyy
this is the first car i've OWNED so i am not familiar with how much dealers charge, labor rate, etc. now i know so ok.
do yourself a favor and read through the entire owner's manual. it'll give you a good idea of what you can or can't do. also refer to the DIY forum on this site for more information on any topics the owner's manual doesn't have. getting a service manual might be another good idea as it'll have way better instructions/details than the owner's manual. just make sure that no matter what DIY projects you undertake, you do so safely and with an honest assessment of your wrench turning capability. learn how to do basic maintenance (oil change, filter change, rotate tires) before moving on to mods. gotta learn to walk before you run.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for caring about me buddy. i'll mod what i want when i want. and i knew what they were gonna do. now i know the labor rate is a bitch and i'll look into doing stuff myself.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:36 PM
every car i buy i read the manual first, youll be surprised what you learned and what the saleman doesnt tell you

service rate for about EVERY dealer is about 100$hr and up.. and no, the mechanic doesnt even make near half that, thats why i drive a fit and not a TL type S

Old 11-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by chinkyy
thanks for caring about me buddy. i'll mod what i want when i want. and i knew what they were gonna do. now i know the labor rate is a bitch and i'll look into doing stuff myself.
the rate is normal, its about convenience. if you dont have the time, then its worth it.

personally i'd rather do it myself because i want to know whats going on with my car and i want it done right. other people wont care about your car, its just a job to them.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by randay
other people wont care about your car, its just a job to them.
true. you might even piss them off if you come in complaining about some BS symptom that is completely your fault and could be fixed by reading the manual.

all things considered, the main point in all of this would be to do your research before opening your mouth, be humble about what you know, ask intelligent questions (people will respond intelligently), and listen to what people have to say. in even simpler terms, just don't be a jackass and you'll find more help than hate.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by HONDAMATIC
...thats why i drive a fit and not a TL type S
no lie, you'd drive the Fit anyway. . . it might have a k20 or high boost & IC but still a Fit

too bad you didn't work today, was super chill.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by holokai
no lie, you'd drive the Fit anyway. . . it might have a k20 or high boost & IC but still a Fit

too bad you didn't work today, was super chill.
the storm never come to work huh? maybe itll come in tomorrow

Old 11-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by holokai
true. you might even piss them off if you come in complaining about some BS symptom that is completely your fault and could be fixed by reading the manual.
oooh i HATE when that happens.. those people are why i quit my job

Old 11-11-2009, 10:04 PM
oooh i HATE when that happens.. those people are why i quit my job
yeah i hate that too, but comes with any customer service job

just gotta treat em nice and tune em out, then just fix it.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:28 AM
the storm never come to work huh? maybe itll come in tomorrow
hopefully not. better tie down your car cover if it does though. . . buggah looked like was lifting up on Tuesday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Maintenance Check