whuddup!

Old 06-17-2011, 03:19 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
whuddup!

Landed here in oahu about 11.30 this morning. Weather is beautiful to say the least. Seen a few ge fits, no gd yet. stockers....nothing terribly nice. Gonna be here til next Thursday, hope I spot atleast one ff'er!

Last edited by gimme; 06-17-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:39 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
niiiiice, have a good trip. there's always some nice whips over there

Old 06-17-2011, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to Hawaii man haha. It's gonna be rare seeing gd's just letting you know. Where you stayin at?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome and Aloha. Hope you enjoy your stay. Post up if you need help in getting around, what to eat or what to see etc. I'm sure the Hawaii FF Community will be more than happy to help you out.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Welcome to the island, enjoy your stay and yea I'm usually the only gd running around on the Friday and Saturday cruises.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Thanks for the welcome! We are staying at the outrigger in Honolulu. Didn't know this was the baller section. Reminds me of Vegas. High dollar stores all around us. Spent about 4 hours floating around this morning with my son....burnt as hell now and someone said cruise spot? Where? As far as things to do, the wife has a map I can say I was disappointed in L&L (the one in Walmart) though....no flavor. Gonna hit up McDonald's for some spam egg and rice tomorrow...unless someone knows a place that's better. I would like that and some longaniza and maybe tucino

if anyone knows how I can score some meds pm me if it's a big no no, let me know

Last edited by gimme; 06-17-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:45 AM
5 Year Member
L&L in Walmart??? I am guessing you were in Keeaumoku Walmart. If you had gone around the corner (Keeaumoku side of Walmart), you could have some longaniza and tucino at Golden Coin. If you like pinoy food, you should try Thelma's Restaurant in Westgate Center in Waipahu. The lechon is excellent.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Yeah, that was the Walmart I went to. Gonna have to run to both the golden coin and thelma's before I leave

Old 06-19-2011, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
yeah L&L in Walmart blows. If you want to go where all the locals go, I'll let you know.

You should try the following:

Rainbow Drive-In: i personally like the boneless chicken with extra gravy. Its pretty much breaded chicken with gravy, two scoops of rice and macaroni salad. But if you wanna try a bit of everything, you can get the mix plate.

Ono Seafoods: its nearby Rainbow Drive-In but more towards the mountain side of Kapahulu Avenue. Its easy to miss but its in the same lot of American Savings Bank. They have gooooooood, fresh high quality raw fish. You can get a 1/3 lbs over hot rice + free drink for $6.75. I like the Spicy Tuna poke or the Shoyu (soy sauce) poke.

Pioneer Saloon: Its also nearby the two spots above but on Monsarrat Ave. Its a Japanese spot and the quality of food for the price is good. $7-$10 is about the range. I like the Pork Hamburger Katsu with demi glaze sauce, never lets me down.

Soon's Kalbi: its outside of town, about 15-20 minutes drive on the highway. Its a korean spot where a lot of locals go for lunch and dinner. The Meat jun here is fricken awesome, the BBQ chicken is good too. You can order the Meat Jun mix for meat jun + chicken.

Million Restaurant: This is a good dinner spot if everywhere else is closed, another korean place. I think they're open till Midnight now. Great place for yakiniku, cook your own food. Good spot for the money. ~$12 for a dinner plate with a ton of side dishes and house soup or you can get a Yakiniku set for +$40. They give a lot.

Ethel's Grill: THIS PLACE IS BOMB. its outside of waikiki. About 10 minutes on good a day without traffic. its a super small spot, hole-in-the-wall. They're open only for a limited time since they close early. its cheap and get a good amount of food. Usually each plate comes with miso soup, a salad, and a free drink. I would suggest the Mochiko Chicken, its friggen delicious, moist, and crispy. And also try the Ahi Tataki, its awesome. If you go here, maybe you'll see my car driving around :P . I live in this neighboorhood. Oh and parking here is a bitch, i believe you can park in the garage next to it. I did once.

Helena's Hawaiian Food: this place is goooooooooooooooood too. If you want Hawaiian food, this is the place to go. Its a little pricey but worth it. You gotta get the short rip pipikaula. Parking might an issue too and it gets busy during lunch time.

Cafe Kaila: pretty good brunch spot, gets busy. close to Waikiki. Good place if you dont wanna wait forever at Boots and Kimo's for Mac Nut Pancakes.

Cinnamon's Restaurant: good brunch spot too. Within the same area as Boots and Kimo's. Its on the other side of the island but not hard to get to. They have Red Velvet pancakes thats good for the sweet tooth. Their benedicts are good.

If you want some bomb filipino food... I would agree and go to Thelma's and order the Thelma's special or Adobo fried rice. yummm. but the best pinoy food is always cooked at home :P

There is just so much place to eat here but I think the list above should be good enough. Pretty much if you see a bunch of construction workers or highlighter colored tees at a food spot, its good. haha.

You can find a lot of these places easily by Yelp or just Google-ing it.

Let me know if you got any questions!

Old 06-19-2011, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
oh and Zippy's is meh, overpriced. only good when you're drunk. haha but the fried chicken with chili is always good

Old 06-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Nice list! Got some options now. We went to golden coin yesterday and loaded up. Chicken adobo lacked but everything else was delicious. Today we went by rainbow drive-in....wow, hidden gem! Love the loco moco.

Also went for a bit of a drive today and saw 3 gds. One was bbp lowered with mugen visors lowered and exhaust yawning Asian guy with a tan hat on the over pass of the h1 by chilis. Saw a white gd with 4 spoke wheels. And saw an orange one east bound h1.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Hope you're enjoying your stay.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by gimme
Thanks for the welcome! We are staying at the outrigger in Honolulu. Didn't know this was the baller section. Reminds me of Vegas. High dollar stores all around us. Spent about 4 hours floating around this morning with my son....burnt as hell now and someone said cruise spot? Where? As far as things to do, the wife has a map I can say I was disappointed in L&L (the one in Walmart) though....no flavor. Gonna hit up McDonald's for some spam egg and rice tomorrow...unless someone knows a place that's better. I would like that and some longaniza and maybe tucino

if anyone knows how I can score some meds pm me if it's a big no no, let me know
Try this place

EGGS 'N THINGS specializes in pancakes, omelets and crepes., Eggs'n Things