Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Pride Honda - Dedham, MA

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down Pride Honda - Dedham, MA

I bought my NHBP A/T from Pride Honda in Dedham, MA. The salesman that I dealt with really tried a lot of high-pressure tactics with me. I came in stating: "I've already secured my financing, what do you have in stock?" I saw the NHBP, drove it, liked it, and was ready to sign on the dotted line, when this brilliant guy starts prattleing on about Honda Financing. For 25 minutes, he talked about all aspects of Honda Finance.

I finally had to say: "You obviously aren't hearing me. I have financing, and I'm ready to make this deal right here, right now. But if you don't want my $18,000, I'm more than happy to go down the road to Herb Chambers!"

Then he started the good cop/bad cop thing with me ..."I have to talk to my GM, the finance manager, etc...." Meanwhile, I'm sitting there thinking: "does he not believe that I have the money? this dude is a straight-up idiot!"

I got SO frustrated, I ended up walking out that day. I was pissed, because I knew how in demand the Fits are, but the salesman just, I don't know, he wouldn't take my money! (I know how odd that sounds, but that really is what happened.)

I went to my bank, and got a check cut for the OTD amount, and went back to Pride (I really did want the NHBP, and they were the only dealership that had one in stock at the time.) I bypassed the idiot salesperson, went straight up to the GM and held the check in front of his face, saying "I'd like to buy a car. Here is my check. Any questions??"

We then sat down and signed the paperwork, and I had the car that day.

I adore my Fit, and it has really made my life a lot easier (I was taking the bus before this!), but to have to jump through all of these hoops to get a Fit...it just seems silly!