Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Queens, NY, Paragon Honda/ What a waste of my time

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 02:49 AM
Thumbs down Queens, NY, Paragon Honda/ What a waste of my time

When it was time to go and test drive a Honda Fit Sport M/T I called the nearest dealer, Paragon Honda. The representative on the phone confirmed with me exactly what I was interested in.

Fit Sport
Manual Transmission
I want to test drive one

They told me to come on down and to ask for Kimberly.
I arrive at Paragon Honda, but I accidentally go to their Used Car Sales building, which is not clearly labeled as a Used Car Sales building, it simply says "Paragon Honda" on it like their other buildings. So when I go into this one and ask for Kimberly, there is no Kimberly to be found. Instead of informing me that I'm in the wrong building, they proceed to try and help me by sitting me down with a Michelle instead. She reconfirms all of the things I want.

Fit Sport
Manual Transmission
I want to test drive one

For the next 45 minutes, Michelle and I walk and drive around all the Paragon Honda property (which is extensive, btw) and we go building to building trying to locate a Fit Sport M/T. At the end of the 45 minutes, she confirms that they have none in stock at the moment.

I'm no computer genius, but I would imagine that every car in Paragon's possession is documented somewhere in a computer database and that a quick search through the database would've told them whether or not they have a Fit Sport M/T. But instead, I make a 20 minute trip (by foot and subway) to the dealership on the false pretenses that I'd be test driving the precise car I'm looking for .

This also means the woman on the phone, Kimberly, didn't really give a shit what I wanted to test drive, despite confirming everything on the phone. She just wanted to get me down to the dealership, as if she was going to somehow get me interested in some other model.

Now, their Customer Service reps are calling my phone to find out how my experience was when I visited. Too bad for them, I already purchased my Fit Sport M/T when they called me.

It baffles me that they think I'm gonna call about a specific car and yet come down there to see anything but that.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:28 AM
First off, congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the Fit community.

Where did you end up getting your Fit? The attitudes of the sales staff in every dealership in NYC area are not customer service oriented (nicely put). I purchased mine in NJ because they had what I wanted instock and their customer service is far better than the Honda dealers I've visited in NYC.

If you are available this Sunday, 9/20 - we have a BBQ meet in Cunningham Park, Queens. FYI- Fits-In-Tune is the NYC based Fit club. You are welcomed to come by and meet other Fit owners.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by FITtin'
First off, congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the Fit community.

Where did you end up getting your Fit? The attitudes of the sales staff in every dealership in NYC area are not customer service oriented (nicely put). I purchased mine in NJ because they had what I wanted instock and their customer service is far better than the Honda dealers I've visited in NYC.

If you are available this Sunday, 9/20 - we have a BBQ meet in Cunningham Park, Queens. FYI- Fits-In-Tune is the NYC based Fit club. You are welcomed to come by and meet other Fit owners.
thanks, man.

I ended up buying it in New Rochelle (Westchester). I didn't even pick the car up yet, but I work on Sunday anyway, so I can't make it to your meet up. Hope you have a good time though.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:09 AM
What color did you get? We have a few '09s in our club. I'm sure they're eager to see another one in the club. =)

We are on Facebook as well as this forum. Feel free to check us out and post there.

Enjoy your Fit. ( after you pick it up) .

Old 09-16-2009, 12:35 PM
after i pick it up, i'm driving to San Diego to start a new life, lol. and i got loads of stuff to do to prepare for the trip. i don't think i'm ever gonna get to chill with you guys.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about your experience at Paragon, but congrats on your Fit. I am close to bayridge honda and paragon, but bought mine in PA it was a more laid back experience there. As for the Fit-in-tune club thats pretty cool...does your Fit have to be modified to join or ?

Old 09-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by gs3boynyc
Sorry to hear about your experience at Paragon, but congrats on your Fit. I am close to bayridge honda and paragon, but bought mine in PA it was a more laid back experience there. As for the Fit-in-tune club thats pretty cool...does your Fit have to be modified to join or ?

Funny how people seem to buy their cars out of state more often than locally after they visit their local dealerships.

No, you do not need to have your Fits modded to join our club. We welcome stock or personalized Fits alike. However, you'd have to be a NY residence to be a member. You're welcome to come by our BBQ meet this Sunday. You could be in for a surprise and I'm sure everyone will welcome you there, especially our GE members.
Shoot me a PM if need more info. But hope to see you there!

Old 09-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by metahero
after i pick it up, i'm driving to San Diego to start a new life, lol. and i got loads of stuff to do to prepare for the trip. i don't think i'm ever gonna get to chill with you guys.

Well, good luck with the Fit. And have a safe drive!

Old 03-01-2010, 07:00 PM
same thing happended to me i called paragon for a 5speed 2010 fit they said they had it and when i got there from staten island they didnt have it, i ended up driving 30min to dch honda in old bridge new jersey cause that was the only place on the east coast that had one i called 1000 dealers lol no joke.. dch is the best dealership i have ever been to. i was in and out with my fit maybe 1 hour tops,i got a rev orange 2010 5 speed fit

Old 03-15-2010, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
yeah i bought both of my fits from dch old bridge b/c of the service. in and out, no games, no headache and straight forward.