Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

No Fit for you, me, whatever.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 04:19 PM
No Fit for you, me, whatever.

Honda Naz**s have struck again! As it turns out I'm not getting a Fit. These bas***** at my dealership still haven't given me a vin# though they swear up and down it's coming. I ordered it ~May 20 b/c they said a Silver S mt was already coming. Then they called me on June 9th to tell me its being built that day, a few weeks later I call and find out my salesman quit and I had a new lady. Well, I like her, she tells me my Fit is due to arrive on July 14th. July 14th roles around and passes, July 22nd I call them and she said she was mistaken, it was being BUILT on July 14th!! WTH! Now they swear up and down it will arrive in 2 more weeks...I don't believe them. They can't give me a vin# and they've apparently mislead me more than once. I would love to wait b/c I want this car, but the service I've gotten has been so horrible it's turned me away from Honda (for now).

So, I'll check in on feedback but I'm getting a Ford Focus zx4 ses or st, whichever I can find with the options I want. Hoping for the st though b/c of the engine and options over the ses. Will see, but it was nice chatting here and I wish all of you the best and good luck with your Fit.

Jlimer78 out

p.s. Don't do buisness with Benson Honda in San Antonio Tx, if you do I wish you better luck than I've had.

Last edited by claymore; 07-27-2006 at 02:19 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Wait two more weeks! This may not be a good dealer but youve already amassed a bunch of waiting time with them. I know the wait has been long and the service crappy but is the Focus what you REALLY want? If youll be happy with the Focus then go ahead and get the Focus but if youre like me, youll be kicking yourself forever. And everytime you get into your car youll be thinking "this is what I settled for, not what I really wanted."

Oh, and if you dont get the Fit be sure and get your deposit back. Theres a thread that said that the dealership is required by law to give you your deposit back.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Jlimer78
Ford Focus
From a Honda to a... FORD? For the love of God, man, say it aint so!

Go Versa... or Matrix... even Yaris. But all that frustration has got you talkin crazy talk.

:/

Old 07-26-2006, 04:36 PM
I will not get my deposit back for 2 weeks, until then I'm searching for the Focus. I'd love to see their lies catch up with them. I honestly don't beleive they have a clue what they're getting, I think they were hoping they would get a mt sport in silver or any color I wanted and so they've kept me on the line. My new salesman said they got 4 Fits in last week but none of them were mt.

Also, I hadn't looked at the Focus before, it's really a good car if you go with the ses or the st. It's the same price (after all the rebates) as the Fit for more power, comfy seats, better options standard and a much better sound system if you upgrade. I've test driven 2 now in mt and love it, I'd be completely happy with it or the Fit.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by joe d
From a Honda to a... FORD? For the love of God, man, say it aint so!

Go Versa... or Matrix... even Yaris. But all that frustration has got you talkin crazy talk.

:/
I've looked at the Versa, happy with the options but every review has said horrid things about its handling, it's one glaring reason why it's come in second behind the Fit in sub-compacts. The Matrix isn't in the price range of the Fit if I want similiar options, my budget caps at around 18.5k and I want some creature comforts. The Yaris...heh let me think, can't stand the center mounted gauges, its remarkedly ugly as sin, and they just had a recall on an engine part. Focus had alot of recalls with their 00-01 models but have since worked out most of the bugs, its in the top 10 every year since then for reliability.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
Have you actually test-driven the Versa? Personally, if my Fit got delayed one more month, I would have switched to a Versa instead

Old 07-26-2006, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
Actually, it's entirely possible that your dealer is being truthful with you, just not very forthcoming with information, when they have received updates from Honda.

The Fit is in short supply, and even though a dealer may order a specific Fit model, color and transmission combination, that doesn't mean that Honda is going to let them have it when they want it. It all comes down to the allocation percentages, and when the Honda factory schedules the build of the particular model, color and tranny you want.

The biggest hurdle you have going against you is that you're waiting on a manual transmission. Those are known to be in short supply, and (I believe) a dealer is only allowed to have 15% of his allocation to be manual transmissions. So, depending upon your dealer's volume, it may take several months for him to get enough Fits alloted to him, that he's even ALLOWED to order a manual transmission. Once he is, it's then a matter of it fitting into the build cycle at the plant in Japan.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be upset with your dealer. It's just that there are definite trade-offs that have to be taken into consideration, when you're dealing with a) high-demand, b) short supply, and c) built in limits for the ratio of manual transmissions to auto trannys.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
so you are writing off honda as a whole because of an experience with a DEALER? The problem lies within the dealership. You can't find another dealership?

Old 07-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah I am on a few other forums and all are saying they are having troubles getting in the manual transmissions, they're just not being built as much. If that is true about dealers only being able to order 15% manuals that sucks! Is there another dealer close by you could try??

Old 07-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Also I guess I'll add this in here because I'm bored...

personally I would not buy anything made by GM, ever. My parents have had such poor experiences with GM that they would probably disown me if I did. They bought a Grand Am, which is a piece of crap and poorly designed, and have had nothing by problems with it. Now, granted it's entirely possible that they just got a bad vehicle out of the bunch, but that doesn't forgive the terrible, terrible service they have recieved from GM.

As well considering my parent's car is basically falling apart at 250k and a Honda should last well beyond that to me the choice is clear. I'd steer clear of the GM if I was you but hey there are probably as many people happy with GM as there are pissed. I just don't think they output the same quality overall as imports.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Sounds like your a bit impatient? Relax. It's only a car.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by crimsona
Have you actually test-driven the Versa? Personally, if my Fit got delayed one more month, I would have switched to a Versa instead
I haven't yet. Called 3 dealers, 1 had it but its about 150miles away in San Marcos. If I can find one close I will will drive it, I like the bluetooth and other options.

Originally Posted by gimme
so you are writing off honda as a whole because of an experience with a DEALER? The problem lies within the dealership. You can't find another dealership?
My dream car atm is the Civic Si. I plan on getting a Honda but more than likely not this time.
There are other dealers close but theres no way I'm getting on another wait list right now. I'm looking for a career out of college, my old car is starting to have problems left and right, I need the car soon not later.

Originally Posted by hiroko12
Sounds like your a bit impatient? Relax. It's only a car.
Did you read my post? First, car is otw will be here beginning to mid June, next I get a call thats its being built June 9th, later they tell me its going to arrive on July 14th, finally they tell me they were wrong and it was actually only just built on July 14th...I think I've been plenty patient. On top of all this, as I stated in another post, they were forcing me to get paint/ext protection for $600 until I talked them into trading it for overpriced accessories.

Last edited by Jlimer78; 07-26-2006 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Our dealer was completely truthful with us and we still had a bit of a rollercoaster ride. Originally our car was going to be built on June 10th I believe, then they told us that Honda had changed the build dates and it was going to be built on August 10th. About three weeks ago, they let me know that Honda had changed the build date again and it was listed as July 4th, meaning it had been built (this was around the 12th or so).

Honda builds in color batches from what I understand, so depending on your color and when you ordered, things could be switched around as they adjust what they build to meet the demand/requests.

The Fit is hard to beat, so I'd wait it out a bit longer if you can. It took our car two months and a day to be driven off of the lot.

If your car was built in July 14th, it will take up to a month to get it to your dealership. We got ours in 18 days from the build date since we're in Portland, and the cars come directly into port here.

Hope that helps! It's worth the wait, trust me

Old 07-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by DewaltDakota
Actually, it's entirely possible that your dealer is being truthful with you, just not very forthcoming with information, when they have received updates from Honda.

The Fit is in short supply, and even though a dealer may order a specific Fit model, color and transmission combination, that doesn't mean that Honda is going to let them have it when they want it. It all comes down to the allocation percentages, and when the Honda factory schedules the build of the particular model, color and tranny you want.

The biggest hurdle you have going against you is that you're waiting on a manual transmission. Those are known to be in short supply, and (I believe) a dealer is only allowed to have 15% of his allocation to be manual transmissions. So, depending upon your dealer's volume, it may take several months for him to get enough Fits alloted to him, that he's even ALLOWED to order a manual transmission. Once he is, it's then a matter of it fitting into the build cycle at the plant in Japan.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be upset with your dealer. It's just that there are definite trade-offs that have to be taken into consideration, when you're dealing with a) high-demand, b) short supply, and c) built in limits for the ratio of manual transmissions to auto trannys.
I'm also in/near Richmond VA and have had an absolutely horrid experience with my purchase. I've also been told almost word for word the same stories the previous almost-purchaser was told....MY sales rep was fired also!! It's almost spooky. Anyway, I went to the dealer this past weekend and made him show me the computer printout with my BOM Sport AT on it - this dealership is only getting ONE FIT and it's MINE - or at least it BETTER BE!!!! I've waited now since May 2nd...I've been told ETA is 8/1 to 8/4. We'll see!!

Old 07-27-2006, 03:03 AM
I really hope you get it soon Cindy, and good luck when you do.

I actually paid for a Focus ST mt today and it was cheaper than my Fit after rebates. It's got a 151hp engine and I added a couple options like the sony audiophile 6disc cd/mp3 player, sony speakers, 8inch sub, then the side impact airbags. Rest is what comes standard. I'll be very happy with it and I'm getting it in 3 days. Also, it was nice to hear that if I had to order it they would have gotten me the vin# within 10days. But, I will own a Honda one day, probably after this car craps out on me heh.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by Jlimer78
HSo, I'll check in on feedback but I'm getting a Ford Focus zx4 ses or st, whichever I can find with the options I want.
try a vw rabbit instead.

too bad ford doesnt sell the euro spec focus st in USDM. 223hp turbo and 235lbft torque!

Old 07-27-2006, 08:28 AM
I went through simular BS with a dealer and walked - a second dealer got me the Fit I wanted NO PROBLEM. Blame the dealer NOT Honda.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by bani
too bad ford doesnt sell the euro spec focus st in USDM. 223hp turbo and 235lbft torque!
That would be sweet, depending on its cost. I'll be happy with this one though, it has plenty of power for me. Also, the euro Focus would compete with the Mustang, which Ford doesn't need/want. I wasn't even going to get the ST, but it was the only car I could find with the options I wanted, and gas mileage isn't bad at about 26mpg.

Originally Posted by jonniedee
I went through simular BS with a dealer and walked - a second dealer got me the Fit I wanted NO PROBLEM. Blame the dealer NOT Honda. (angry dot)
Wow, almost missed this one sorry. People are proficient readers by atleast 16, you should be well on your way by now. I don't blame Honda...even said I will buy a Honda after the Ford. I did blame the dealer, and didn't want on another wait list after 2 months. If you need any further explanation you didn't catch on this thread pm me.

btw, all your opinions are great and feedback is awesome! I had a blast learning about this car and dreaming about owning it, just didn't happen and I got over it.

Last edited by Jlimer78; 07-27-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Just dont let the service at one dealer affect your interest in Honda. Because they are 2 totally different things...

Old 07-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by 07TaffetaFit
Just dont let the service at one dealer affect your interest in Honda. Because they are 2 totally different things...
honda should do a better job keeping their dealerships in line.

gives honda a bad image if their dealers suck.

Quick Reply: No Fit for you, me, whatever.