Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Metro Honda, Montclair, CA

Old 11-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Thumbs down Metro Honda, Montclair, CA

A couple of weeks ago, I put a $200 deposit for a Black AT Sport. The salesman and his manager both agreed, in writing, that they will sell the car to me at MSRP.

I got the called on Tuesday that my car will be ready for pick up on Friday, which is today. When I got to Metro Honda, the salesman pulled out the written agreement, and started to blah, blah, blah, and blah about how everyone else is selling their FIT with a mark-up price. He wanted me to pay $395 extra for the tint(which I never agreed on) plus $1,995 over MSRP.

The negotiation lasted 5 minutes, then I ripped my deposit check out of his notebook pad and walked out. He came after me and asked if I could give him a minute while he talked to his Manager. I waited 30 seconds and drove off.

Metro Honda is thumbs down. Liar. Liar. Liar.

Don't they have to sell the car to me at MSRP since it was agreed earlier in writing,
or can they back out of it and make me pay the mark-up........which I won't?

Last edited by NaTuReB0Y; 11-24-2006 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:07 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
That is horrible! I have a black one that should be here anyday now man. give me a call and we'll set something up.

Chris

Old 11-24-2006, 10:40 PM
The dude called me back 5 hours later......and said they won't put on the tint,
so I don't have to pay the extra $395 and he'll sell it to me at MSRP.

I don't know if I should waste my time going back to Metro Honda.
I don't trust them. They seemed SHADY!

Old 11-25-2006, 02:50 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
whatevers more convinient for you man. by all means anytime you can get it at msrp is a good deal. I was just offering if you dont want to go back i have one that should be hitting anyday now.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:58 PM
I bought that fit on sunday the exact one you're describing.

I went to rock honda who has been bothering the SHIT out of me ever since I sent in an internet quote request, they approved me to come get the fit at 16585 out the door so I go to rock honda and they dont even have fit's in inventory.

I mean they literally called me all week bugging me to go in to test drive...

So I go on sunday with no intent to buy a car, and walk the whole lot no car...

so for shits and giggles I went to metro honda and bam there the car was, I dealt with "reggie" who was a cool guy reminds me of some dude I went to high school with anyway I see the 2000 dollar mark up on the car and the 395 for tint.

I didnt really walk in there with a downpayment or intentions on buying the car.

If they approved me to finance the car w/o making a down payment id take it but he was going to "work with me" on the price, the whole time they avoided the 2000 dollar mark up shit and I honestly didnt care because I needed a car to get to and from work that wasnt leaking oil and falling apart.

So yeah the interest rate on the loan for american honda is ****ing rediculous it's 14.5 percent and I dont know why I even signed for the car but I just had no motivation to go to another dealer to deal with the same shit. Cause I got the same shitty treatment at Downey Honda when I purchased my 1999 honda civic si.

So the 10k in interest tacked onto the loan urks me more than the 2000 mark up cost they slid in there, the car did come with a lojack installed so I cant complain about that as I wanted one for the car either way. It saved my Si twice.

here is your car sorry it didnt work out.

I didnt even get free floormats or anything, ****ing nazis I tell you

Old 11-30-2006, 06:42 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
ouch. 14%? good thing good credit pays. 3.9 here

Old 11-30-2006, 07:34 PM
yeah thats another thing is I just pulled my report a day before financing through all three credit providers and my score was 650 across the board but apparently honda pulled a 576 which doesnt make any sense because none of the accounts had negative marks.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
too much credit can lower a score. but between what you pulled and what they pulled. thats a HUGE differance

Old 11-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 137
I bought that fit on sunday the exact one you're describing.

I went to rock honda who has been bothering the SHIT out of me ever since I sent in an internet quote request, they approved me to come get the fit at 16585 out the door so I go to rock honda and they dont even have fit's in inventory.

I mean they literally called me all week bugging me to go in to test drive...

So I go on sunday with no intent to buy a car, and walk the whole lot no car...

so for shits and giggles I went to metro honda and bam there the car was, I dealt with "reggie" who was a cool guy reminds me of some dude I went to high school with anyway I see the 2000 dollar mark up on the car and the 395 for tint.

I didnt really walk in there with a downpayment or intentions on buying the car.

If they approved me to finance the car w/o making a down payment id take it but he was going to "work with me" on the price, the whole time they avoided the 2000 dollar mark up shit and I honestly didnt care because I needed a car to get to and from work that wasnt leaking oil and falling apart.

So yeah the interest rate on the loan for american honda is ****ing rediculous it's 14.5 percent and I dont know why I even signed for the car but I just had no motivation to go to another dealer to deal with the same shit. Cause I got the same shitty treatment at Downey Honda when I purchased my 1999 honda civic si.

So the 10k in interest tacked onto the loan urks me more than the 2000 mark up cost they slid in there, the car did come with a lojack installed so I cant complain about that as I wanted one for the car either way. It saved my Si twice.

here is your car sorry it didnt work out.

I didnt even get free floormats or anything, ****ing nazis I tell you

Could've been.........but I'm glad they found someone to buy it! Looks HOT!

*The guy was offering me a full tank of gas to drive to Metro, a set of roses for the wife, 5 day/4 night royal carribean cruise, and MSRP.........or actually $100 below MSRP.....but I told them to SHOVE IT!

How can I deal with dealers who don't keep their words.......Metro HONDA SUCK.

*Sounds like BS.........

Last edited by NaTuReB0Y; 12-01-2006 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:25 PM
NaTuReBOY,
You might want to give Chris Aguirre a try. There are several of us on this board who have bought Fits through him. He's a great guy and keeps his word about selling the cars at MSRP. I bought mine 2 weeks ago and he mentioned that there was a black on black coming in December. I hope this helps and good luck with getting your car!

Chris Aguirre
Internet Sales Manager
Rock Honda
9612 Sierra Ave.
Fontana, CA 92335
909-829-0830 ext. 105

Old 12-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y
A couple of weeks ago, I put a $200 deposit for a Black AT Sport. The salesman and his manager both agreed, in writing, that they will sell the car to me at MSRP.

I got the called on Tuesday that my car will be ready for pick up on Friday, which is today. When I got to Metro Honda, the salesman pulled out the written agreement, and started to blah, blah, blah, and blah about how everyone else is selling their FIT with a mark-up price. He wanted me to pay $395 extra for the tint(which I never agreed on) plus $1,995 over MSRP.

The negotiation lasted 5 minutes, then I ripped my deposit check out of his notebook pad and walked out. He came after me and asked if I could give him a minute while he talked to his Manager. I waited 30 seconds and drove off.

Metro Honda is thumbs down. Liar. Liar. Liar.

Don't they have to sell the car to me at MSRP since it was agreed earlier in writing,
or can they back out of it and make me pay the mark-up........which I won't?
I just actually put a deposit on one at an MSRP of 15765 for a sport 5MT over at Hardin Honda in Anaheim. I'm hoping that they won't pull the same crap...

Originally Posted by 137
yeah thats another thing is I just pulled my report a day before financing through all three credit providers and my score was 650 across the board but apparently honda pulled a 576 which doesnt make any sense because none of the accounts had negative marks.
Who did you go through to pull your credit scores? I actually work for experian and if you pulled it online it should be pretty accurate.

-David

Old 12-02-2006, 01:43 AM
Originally Posted by lanakano
NaTuReBOY,
You might want to give Chris Aguirre a try. There are several of us on this board who have bought Fits through him. He's a great guy and keeps his word about selling the cars at MSRP. I bought mine 2 weeks ago and he mentioned that there was a black on black coming in December. I hope this helps and good luck with getting your car!

Chris Aguirre
Internet Sales Manager
Rock Honda
9612 Sierra Ave.
Fontana, CA 92335
909-829-0830 ext. 105
I have emailed Chris, but at this point.......I'm too pissed off, so I'm going to wait and see what the new Scion xB will look like next spring.....if it's not all that great, then I'll look into the Fit again.

I could've have been driving and modifying my ^ Fit.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:46 AM
O'Donnell Honda near Baltimore

I got my Vivid Blue AT Base 4 weeks ago at O'Donnell in Ellicvott City near Baltimore, Maryland. Originally I had been told that it would be at least Jan. '08 until I saw the car. but I got a call on a Saturday morning telling meto come pick up my new Fit! Apparently a deal on that car fell through so they called me up. I paid ofull MSRP but they did give me a set of FIT floor mats installed as well as free installation of the optional keyless entry and a service coupon of 100.00. I was very very pleased. Great People. I financed through AHFC at like 5.5% I think. No warranty jammed down my throat. All I did to the car after market was replace all 4 speakers with nice Infinity's form Best Buys. Sounds Nice ! Love the car,,its Awsome!