Vegas Fit spotted Thread...

Old 08-25-2006, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Vegas Fit spotted Thread...

The Fits seem to be even more rare around these parts.
Post up your sightings of Fit.

Finally I saw another Fit here in the valley! Besides mine it's the only one I have seen in Vegas. There has to be more around here, I had to wait like six weeks for mine because all the ones coming in were presold...

what: VBP sport w/black rims(maybe polished lip)
where: eastbound on 215 passing eastern
date: 8/24/06
time: 730am

Old 09-20-2006, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
9-19-06 Drove next to another white sport on st rose. this was pretty awesome.

Old 09-23-2006, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
I guess you're the only one from Vegas that's on this forum. I'll be over there for Thanks Giving. maybe we can meet up...

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 09-24-2006 at 07:53 AM.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:01 PM
I was driving my VBP and I saw a black sport heading East on Tropicana at around 9:30 on 9/22. Personal icense plate started with 'per'. Figured I would add that just in case they ever stop by.

Also I have seen a non sport LMM parked in a lot on the North side of Sahara near Paradise a couple times. Haven't seen it recently as I am not in that part of town much anymore.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Well just saw another one. SSM at the Starbucks on the corner of Desert Inn and Eastern at around 12:30. License plate ending in 'TXL'.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Test drove an orange FIT Sport AT at Shack/Findlay on Friday night. We've bought our last few Hondas there with no hassels, etc. (Including no damn markup on my '06 Si, first in Vegas 12/24/05). My offices are moving to the other side of town from where we are now, and my once short commute will shortly become a cross valley traffic nightmere (Far SW area to Far NE area). So, I am looking at picking up either:

1. FIT 5AT
2. Scion xA/xB 5AT
3. Yaris 5AT

I've driven them all and like the FIT the best, however, the waiting list is muderously long. Not sure if I can hack the cross town traffic blitz with the Si (which I will be keeping) for the months it will take for a FIT to come in.

Old 10-02-2006, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
I looked at those other cars as well, including a couple of mazda styles, and I still went with waiting for a Fit. My wait was almost six weeks and i went with an auto. Preferred a manual but whatever. I am loving my Fit and not regretting waiting.

sidenote: I got mine at Shack-Findlay and was pleased with my service and I am jealous of your SI : )

Old 10-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Thanks, Fit4Rayn.

The waiting list at Shack/Findlay is out to February as of Friday. As usual, both of the other dealers are charging ether a premium, or a premium + forced accessories, exactly the same behavior they displayed for the Si. Honda West being the worst between HW and DH. S/F are the only Honda straight shooters in Vegas.

My Si:

Last edited by Janizary; 10-03-2006 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Added Picture
Old 10-03-2006, 12:44 PM
@@Janizary - 'Honda West being the worst'. I can vouch for that.

I called them up on a weekend to go in and buy a Silver Sport. We agreed on the price and I headed in on the following Monday. I show up to have them tell me they had previously sold the car for $4000 over sticker and in order for them to sell me the car they needed $2000 over sticker from me. Yeah nice.

Went to Desert and I must say that yeah they added the forced upgrades including their 'Desert Package'. I then went to SF and looked. They didn't have one so I headed back to Desert and was going to get the one they had but they had sold it in the hour that I was gone.

I eventually flew to Albuquerque, NM to get my VBP Sport. Then I drove it all the way back. Let me tell you it was 100% worth it. Got the color I wanted and way better financing then any dealer could since I took the time to go through my credit union.

Also spotted another one. Saw a VBP heading North on I-15 near mile marker 20 at approximately 23:35 on 10/1/06.

Old 10-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Da1King
I eventually flew to Albuquerque, NM to get my VBP Sport. Then I drove it all the way back. Let me tell you it was 100% worth it. Got the color I wanted and way better financing then any dealer could since I took the time to go through my credit union.
Da1King, how was tax handled for your 'interstate' purchase? Did you pay tax in NM, or just NV, or did you get the double tax in NM, then at the DMV when you went to register in NV? I've been considering going out of state (NM, CO, UT, Idaho even), but don't want to get double taxed. I've previously bought cars in Phoenix and worked the deal where I did not have to pay tax on the sale there, but that was worked out in advance with a particular dealer.

I would really like to get a new FIT Sport AT, but don't really want to wait until February.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:27 PM
@@Janizary - I was worried about the exact same thing when I went to looking out of state. I looked up the information online and found the following. Here is a link directly to Nevada's DMV information

http://www.dmvnv.com/nvreg.htm#Out-of-State

Here is what I did. When I went to purchase the vehicle I informed the dealership that I lived in Nevada. Also I told them that the sales tax for vehicles in Nevada is 7.75% (from a link in the page) and that I was responsible for paying that amount of taxes regardless of New Mexico's tax rate. So when the dealership came up with the paperwork they just calculated the taxes at 7.75% and they are to forward those funds to Nevada.

Doing an interstate purchase isn't that big a deal and most dealerships are going to take care of you. Just remember that if the state that you purchase the vehicle in charges less then 7.75% sales tax then you are responsible for the remainder when you register the vehicle. Be careful with purchasing in California as some areas, ie LA County, actually charge something like 8.25% taxes.

Last tidbit. Go to Hondas web-site and search for a dealer in say Ontario, CA. Then just go to their web-site and see if they have any in stock. If they do then call them to verify that they actually have the vehicle and it hasn't been sold yet. I ran into several dealerships that didn't update their online inventory on a regular basis.

IE. Penske Honda in Ontario, CA shows a SSM Sport in their inventory. Just need to call them to see if they actually still have it on the lot.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member
10/4 around 9ish - I saw a VBP sport parked at thomas and mack, license plate "fit4sha" .It was the first time I parked next to another Fit. yay.

Old 10-10-2006, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
I have seen 5 fits around the valley over the past 3 months, today I saw a silver fit sport,
that said "Luk24". Black rims, In chinatown 10/10/06, 8:30am.

I even saw &
drove Fit4Ryans fit, at shackfindaly before he bought it off the lot.
It was parked next to the BOM demo.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
you may have drove "mine" before it was mine. Did you drive the white sport with the beige interior? that had my name on it, but i wanted black.
So i waited about a week to get my current Fit. Anyway if you did drive mine that is weird, but you didnt go very far, because it had only 4 miles on it...

Old 10-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Saw a Base VBP in line to turn left onto the SB 93/95/515 from Boulder Hwy at around 17:20-17:30. Had what looked like 6 spoke rims and tinted windows.

Old 12-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Well I guess I will liven up the joint. Scarry. Is it just me or does it seem that there just aren't any Fits in Vegas?? Regardless...

Saw a black sport heading West bound on Tropicana @ 7:40 this morning between Nellis and Boulder Hwy.

Old 12-22-2006, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
Well I guess I will liven up the joint. Scarry. Is it just me or does it seem that there just aren't any Fits in Vegas?? Regardless...

Saw a black sport heading West bound on Tropicana @ 7:40 this morning between Nellis and Boulder Hwy.
its weird not seeing any fits around. I mean I waited like 2 months to get mine because they were all pre-ordered, so one would figure there would be some out there.

But since my ownership in June I have only seen 2 around.

Old 12-29-2006, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Saw a Base VBP in line to turn left onto the SB 93/95/515 from Boulder Hwy at around 17:20-17:30. Had what looked like 6 spoke rims and tinted windows.
That could have been me!
Except I have 8 spokes.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:41 AM
I will eventually be the owner of a Fit. I want to buy one by the end of 07 as a daily and new project.

Ryan

Old 01-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Can't believe that I saw another fit today. Don't think I have spotted this one before. Guess living on the East side has its disadvantages.

I was traveling WB on Tropicana and had to stop to wait for the light at Sandhill in order to turn left/SB. I watched a LMM drive by heading EB and then attempted to turn left onto Salida Dr. However instead of turning left the performed a U and headed back WB on Tropicana. They then took a right onto Sandhill to start heading North. All this happened around 17:20 on 1/4/07.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vegas Fit spotted Thread...