Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales This area is for private individuals or small merchants to list NEW Products For Sale or to Organize Group Buys. Unlike "FIT VENDORS" on the forum, the staff of FITFREAK does not perform any background checks on individuals listing product offerings in this sub-forum. Payment is required in order to list your product in this sub-forum. CLICK HERE for payment details and instant Thread Posting access to this sub-forum.

KW Variant 2 Coilover group buy

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 03:30 AM
KW Variant 2 Coilover group buy

Hello Fit Freak members, first of all we would like to introduce ourselves. We're MPG-Motoring and we are based out of Southern California. Our specialty is primarily the B-Segment market, including the Honda Fit

We'd like to gauge the interest of fellow Fit Freak members regarding a group buy on the newly released KW Variant 2 coilovers for the Honda Fit. KW is a very reputable suspension builder from Germany, their Variant 2 coilover systems feature dampening technology with individually adjustable rebound, stainless steel shock bodies to resist corrosion, high-quality components for long life, and a limited lifetime warranty!

These will lower the Fit .9-2.1" Front and .2-1.4" Rear.

MSRP on these is $1725. If we can get 5 or more Fit Freak members interested in these we can offer them at $1525. If more are interested we can offer them at an even lower price.

For question PM us here or email us direct at sales@mpg-motoring.com

Thanks,

MPG-Motoring

Old 01-16-2008, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
these are probably the best coilover system u can get for european cars..
if i hadnt already changed to my js racing suspension i would def...

Old 01-16-2008, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
two questions:
1. will we be able to specify our own spring rates? if not, what are the spring rates for this kit?
2. do you have access to the dyno graphs for this particular damper?

Old 01-16-2008, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
oh yeah, are these TUV approved?

Old 01-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by kennef
two questions:
1. will we be able to specify our own spring rates? if not, what are the spring rates for this kit?
2. do you have access to the dyno graphs for this particular damper?
To answer a few of your questions...customers won't be able to specify springs rates. They come from KW with 285lb/in springs up front and progressive rate springs in the rears.

I talked to KW and unfortunately they do not release dyno graphs of any of their dampers.

And yes they are TUV approved. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

MPG-Motoring

Old 01-20-2008, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Assuming I have my calculations correct, the springs are 5kg/mm up front?
Also, for your lifetime warranty, what is covered? Does corrosion count? (Lives up in Toronto, ON, with crapload of salt in the winter times)

Old 01-20-2008, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
is that an actual picture of the coilovers?

Old 01-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by LiL Wee FIT
Assuming I have my calculations correct, the springs are 5kg/mm up front?
Also, for your lifetime warranty, what is covered? Does corrosion count? (Lives up in Toronto, ON, with crapload of salt in the winter times)
Yes, it is about 5kg/mm up front. The lifetime warranty is direct from KW, and yes it does cover corrosion. KW actually conducted a salt spray test on their coilovers and they did very well. Check out the results here on their website:

KW automotive North America Inc. Suspension -- Coilovers -- Shocks -- Springs

Old 01-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
is that an actual picture of the coilovers?
Sorry, it isn't an actual picture. We used the picture just to give you guys an idea of what their coilovers look like, we didn't have access to any specific coilovers for the Fit as of yet.

Theres a good writeup and install on the KW V2's for the Fit on Tunerzine:

Tunerzine Project Honda Fit Part 4 - TunerZine.com - Your Online Automotive Publication

Thanks,

MPG-Motoring

Old 02-06-2008, 03:48 PM
BUMP!

No one interested? We'll be offering a possible group buy on another coilover setup soon, check the gauge interest forum

Old 05-08-2008, 04:23 AM
i'm waiting for more reviews on these. i doubt many people know what kw's are, since they're not so "jdm" :P :P

anyway.. my friend has a set of these on his evo and they feel phenomenal... but obviously they're two different chassis and whatnot. as of now, i'm pretty sold on the pro-c's, so give me a reason to buy these

Old 05-08-2008, 05:34 AM
Originally Posted by slip
i'm waiting for more reviews on these. i doubt many people know what kw's are, since they're not so "jdm" :P :P

anyway.. my friend has a set of these on his evo and they feel phenomenal... but obviously they're two different chassis and whatnot. as of now, i'm pretty sold on the pro-c's, so give me a reason to buy these
Its true, there aren't too many Fits running these coilovers. There however many MINI's, Evo's, STI's, S2000's and BMW's using them so you know they're track worthy

The Skunk2 Pro-C's are a great set-up as well. Mono-tube shock, independent ride height and preload adjustment, linear rate springs. The KW's are also a very good set-up. Track proven performance, high quality shocks, German made, lifetime warranty. Its all about what features are important to you.

MPG-Motoring

Old 05-08-2008, 05:57 AM
Originally Posted by MPG-Motoring
The Skunk2 Pro-C's are a great set-up as well. Mono-tube shock, independent ride height and preload adjustment, linear rate springs. The KW's are also a very good set-up. Track proven performance, high quality shocks, German made, lifetime warranty. Its all about what features are important to you.
MPG-Motoring
i assume the characteristics highlighted are that of the pro-c's, not the kw's, correct? or are they the kw's? lol.
are they kw's ride height adjustable? if so, what's the highest and lowest you can go? what's the piston and shock body measurements? is preload adjustment possible? i remember reading somewhere that the rear springs are progressive on kw's. is that true? what are the rates off the shelf for these? can they be customized? what are the dampening adjustment levels?

sorry for all the questions. just very interested in the kw's since i just found out they made them for the fit. lol. thanks!

Old 05-25-2008, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
These are HORRIFIC on the Fit! There is like 6 coils on the rear and four of them are in the middle and they sit on top of each other. The front has a helper spring that collapses and makes noise and the dampening/compression of the strut feels useless. Sorry to the guys at MPG, but KW blew it on the Fit application!

[IMG][/IMG]
This is the rear with no load on the spring:

Now the rear with the tire on the ground:

Last edited by radareclipse; 05-27-2008 at 07:11 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Interesting. Im a bit curious how much weight you have in your boot (hatch area). I can see by your pics that you have quite the setup back there. Do you think that maybe that has something to do with it? I know that most coil overs arent tested under huge loads of weight other then the car itself. Just an observation. Besides the springs sagging like hell how is everything else or is it bad all the way around.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:44 AM
5 Year Member
377 lbs overall in the car added, not just he back. That includes the weight difference in the door panels, sound deadening, etc. The rear spring has the typical aluminum sleeve that you raise to get the desired height. The fronts have no compression and horrible rebound. They make clanking, bobbing sounds when going over bumps and such. Called KW last year as soon as they were installed. I told them that the rear coils were touching and they checked with Germany and said that was how they were engineered. If you put two people in the rear of the car, or a passenger and others, you'll have more than what I have in the car. I ride alone to boot.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Damn that sucks. Thanks for the heads up and giving the review on them. I know that info will prob help out alot of members.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
jd, in looking at your avatar, the car looks like it is traveling a little lumpy. That reminds me of the KW suspension over bumpy roads.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by radareclipse
jd, in looking at your avatar, the car looks like it is traveling a little lumpy. That reminds me of the KW suspension over bumpy roads.
Haha. I never thought about it like that. Nice reference point. I will rep ya for that one. It makes perfect sense. On a side note looking at your pics with the custom interior i have a suggestion for ya. Your steering wheel looks totally out of place with everything else that you have done. Just my friendly .02 cents

Old 05-26-2008, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
I have the Honda cover for it that is blue that matches the shift knob. TOO LAZY. I've had others tell me what's involved in stitching it and I'm not into it just yet. Probably later this summer as I'm pretty much done with everything else other than perfecting the suspension.

Last edited by radareclipse; 05-27-2008 at 07:13 AM.