Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/merchant-group-buys-new-product-sales/)
-   -   ETC 12 step Adjustable Throttle Controller (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/merchant-group-buys-new-product-sales/55307-etc-12-step-adjustable-throttle-controller.html)

xcelir8fit 09-10-2011 06:02 PM

All -

I received the SDRIVE ETC today. Installed it cleanly in under 30 minutes. Followed the instructions posted here and in an Email attachment provided. Easy programming. Tried it multiple times to see if I can get a difference in voltage readouts - nope. Anyhow, again easy programming.

Bottom line, I calibrated the ECO mode to 3 and the SPORT mode to 8.

This thing is 'bleeping' AWESOME. I tried driving in my various 'test' areas and OMG, this unit is worth EVERY PENNY!

I AM VERY PLEASED.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

clownassasin 09-10-2011 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by xcelir8fit (Post 1031291)
All -

I received the SDRIVE ETC today. Installed it cleanly in under 30 minutes. Followed the instructions posted here and in an Email attachment provided. Easy programming. Tried it multiple times to see if I can get a difference in voltage readouts - nope. Anyhow, again easy programming.

This thing is 'bleeping' AWESOME. I tried driving in my various 'test' areas and OMG, this unit is worth EVERY PENNY!

I AM VERY PLEASED.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Oh boy,that's gonna be me in a few days :D I can't wait till my kit comes in

roguenode 09-10-2011 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by xcelir8fit (Post 1031291)
All -

I AM VERY PLEASED.

You got yours already, man, still waiting on mine. Must be on the slow boat. Sounds like it will be well worth the wait. I already really like my fit, but think this should increase the fun factor a bit.

dled1286 09-10-2011 11:11 PM

Props for easy order! Waiting on delivery...if its as awesome as im hearing than i have a feeling im gonna be singing too!!! ^_^

roguenode 09-12-2011 06:48 PM

Got mine today. Install is a couple of minutes, literally. Ran through some SP and EC modes along the range, including SP9 :D.

Thanks twpanson, I can tell already this is a must-have mod!

So, where's everyone installing the box and the display?

xcelir8fit 09-12-2011 09:17 PM

I'll have to take a picture, but I mounted my display between my cup holders in the center console on an angle where the dip is. It looks really good.

roguenode 09-12-2011 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by xcelir8fit (Post 1031942)
I'll have to take a picture, but I mounted my display between my cup holders in the center console on an angle where the dip is. It looks really good.

Hmmm... I hadn't thought about that spot. Was thinking of trying above the steering column, just below the mpg/trip odom display.

dled1286 09-13-2011 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by roguenode (Post 1031884)
Got mine today. Install is a couple of minutes, literally. Ran through some SP and EC modes along the range, including SP9 :D.

Thanks twpanson, I can tell already this is a must-have mod!

So, where's everyone installing the box and the display?

i know several people on the forum that have posted it up in the glove box. Of course you dont get to change settings as easy but it is VERY clean as far as interior looks. I actually plan on putting mine in the glove box. If you want pics of that i might get some and post em up for you or you can talk to J-Crimson and see if he has any pics...i got my idea from him and ill prolly be getting some help from him when its time to install.:D

Java^FiT 09-13-2011 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by dled1286 (Post 1032096)
i know several people on the forum that have posted it up in the glove box. Of course you dont get to change settings as easy but it is VERY clean as far as interior looks. I actually plan on putting mine in the glove box. If you want pics of that i might get some and post em up for you or you can talk to J-Crimson and see if he has any pics...i got my idea from him and ill prolly be getting some help from him when its time to install.:D

This is where i have mine http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/8...0429095947.jpg

twpanson 09-14-2011 04:58 AM

To all,

We are encountering a bit of delay because of computer failure.

All orders will be postponed to ship on coming Monday.

Really sorry for this to happen

Sincerely,
Panson
sales@twptrade.com

dled1286 09-14-2011 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by twpanson (Post 1032406)
To all,

We are encountering a bit of delay because of computer failure.

All orders will be postponed to ship on coming Monday.

Really sorry for this to happen

Sincerely,
Panson
sales@twptrade.com

Does this apply to my order as well? I purchased it last friday or saturday and already have a package number. Just wondering cuz i gotta tight schedule to install on and need to know when to expect to take the time.

Thanks!:D

clownassasin 09-14-2011 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by dled1286 (Post 1032425)
Does this apply to my order as well? I purchased it last friday or saturday and already have a package number. Just wondering cuz i gotta tight schedule to install on and need to know when to expect to take the time.

Thanks!:D

It probably does, I ordered mine last thursday and got a tracking number too but if you try to track the package, it only says that electronic information of the package has been received. But all is good with me, I don't mind waiting a few extra days for it :)

dled1286 09-15-2011 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by clownassasin (Post 1032431)
It probably does, I ordered mine last thursday and got a tracking number too but if you try to track the package, it only says that electronic information of the package has been received. But all is good with me, I don't mind waiting a few extra days for it :)

yeah im in the same boat. i just want it now...you know how it is with petrol heads and their parts...:hyper:

clownassasin 09-15-2011 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by dled1286 (Post 1032987)
yeah im in the same boat. i just want it now...you know how it is with petrol heads and their parts...:hyper:

I know exactly how you feel, I was hoping to get it this week so i can get it installed already, but i guess ill just have to wait a few days, but as long as I get it soon i'm alright with this

twpanson 09-16-2011 03:35 AM

Sorry for this to happen, our printer went down since this Tuesday.

Service guy agreed to come on Friday. That's the reason we have to postpone the shipping to Monday.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience,

Sincerely,
Panson

xcelir8fit 09-17-2011 08:35 PM

Mine Installed:

http://www.heagney.net/cars/24.jpg

http://www.heagney.net/cars/25.jpg

roguenode 09-17-2011 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by xcelir8fit (Post 1033604)
Mine Installed:

That looks nice! I like that location. Did you drill a hole and run the line under the console? I'm pretty inexperienced to modding, but if it's easy, I may be able to do that. :D

xcelir8fit 09-17-2011 09:01 PM

Yes, I lined up where I wanted the display to be, used a sharpie to a make a dot where the cable would have to run through (slightly to the right/under the left side of the display) and drilled a hole large enough for the cable/end connector to fit. I was able to take the entire black cup holder out by pinching/yanking, so I did this on my bench. I then used a little velcro to hold the unit down and some 'goop' glue behind it with tape covering the whole thing until dry. Then, I just ran the cable under the center console to the driver's foot well and popped the entire cup holder with display back down and wala!

roguenode 09-17-2011 09:15 PM

Sweet, I'll do that soon. Thanks for posting the pics. They changed my mind on where to install. I like your idea better.

dled1286 09-21-2011 02:52 PM

Any new word on when we can be expecting to see our toys on our doorstep? know there was the electronic shipping issue and they were supposed to be put out on the 19th...is this confirmed? sorry but im getting impatient for my toys!!! :D:vtec: