Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/merchant-group-buys-new-product-sales/)
-   -   ETC 12 step Adjustable Throttle Controller (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/merchant-group-buys-new-product-sales/55307-etc-12-step-adjustable-throttle-controller.html)

twpanson 05-22-2011 01:36 PM

pm sent

Sincerely,
Panson

twpanson 05-30-2011 11:06 PM

Bump~ for a nice add-on to smooth out your launch.

Sincerely,
Panson

twpanson 06-01-2011 12:59 PM

PM replied! and Bumpz~~

Sincerely,
Panson

phenoyz 06-12-2011 12:55 AM

does this thing help improve your gas mileage?
thanks

Texas Coyote 06-12-2011 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by phenoyz (Post 1002785)
does this thing help improve your gas mileage?
thanks

Most people use the ETC as a means of opening the throttle faster than the stock drive by wire controller is setup to open it for quicker response.... It does also have slower than stock settings. I have found that when I use the slowest responding setting and make some effort toward trying to drive more economically I can get 3 MPG better than using a setting close to but slightly faster than the normal (stock) setting.... Using the fastest responding setting and driving really fast on hilly twisting back roads I will see about 25MPG... Driving the way I normally do I am able to get about 33.5MPG give or take 1 MPG.. My car is supercharged so I would expect much higher figures if my engine tuning was closer to stock... :vtec::vtec:

phenoyz 06-12-2011 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote (Post 1002791)
Most people use the ETC as a means of opening the throttle faster than the stock drive by wire controller is setup to open it for quicker response.... It does also have slower than stock settings. I have found that when I use the slowest responding setting and make some effort toward trying to drive more economically I can get 3 MPG better than using a setting close to but slightly faster than the normal (stock) setting.... Using the fastest responding setting and driving really fast on hilly twisting back roads I will see about 25MPG... Driving the way I normally do I am able to get about 33.5MPG give or take 1 MPG.. My car is supercharged so I would expect much higher figures if my engine tuning was closer to stock... :vtec::vtec:

another question: is this similar to the ones that the 2012 civics/crz have? the ECON=only this is aftermarket.
i plan to keep my engine stock, so if i buy this and put it at the slowest responding setting will it give my gas mileage a higher figure.
(i have a 2011 sport manual)
Thanks again for your reply and sorry for being a noob...hehe

Jamy 06-12-2011 02:22 AM

See I got the best mpg's from the Sport 6 setting. But I'm a lead foot. So idk. I went from 25 mpg to 29 mpg after installing it. Guess it depends on how you drive. I have the 2010 Fit base manual if that helps you out.

Texas Coyote 06-12-2011 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by phenoyz (Post 1002792)
another question is this similar to the ones that the 2012 civics/crz have? the ECON, only this is aftermarket.
i plan to keep my engine stock, so if i buy this and put it at the slowest responding setting will give my gas mileage a higher figure.

I don't know anything about the Civics/CRZ's have but more than likely what they have works in the same manner... The only differences between the ones for differing models is the OBD2 adapter harness and guys here have been using one brand or the other for 3 1/2 years or longer... Using it for economical driving in a slower reacting setting will mean that you have to push the pedal down further to open the throttle the amount needed to reach a certain speed or RPM in which ever gear you are in... Being that you will need to be more deliberate two move the pedal the extra distance to accelerate or decelerate will make it easier to be precise smoother than it would be if in the stock or performance mode... I find that by slowly pressing down on the pedal until it reaches the point where I want to shift gears or reach the speed limit is easier to do without opening the throttle further than necessary when I am using the slowest opening setting... If you need to accelerate faster you can still open the throttle all the way by putting the pedal to the floor... When the ETC is set in the fastest mode you will be at full throttle with out putting the pedal to the floor so your engine responds much more quickly in gaining rpm, your car accelerates more quickly and you use more fuel, but it's fun to do at times for grins.

Jamy 06-12-2011 02:40 AM

TC knows how to have fun :)

Texas Coyote 06-12-2011 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jamy (Post 1002812)
TC knows how to have fun :)

I had a lot more fun before I got too old for young women and my pecker wasn't interested in responding to the ones closer to my age.:(

SilverBullet 06-12-2011 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by phenoyz (Post 1002792)
another question: is this similar to the ones that the 2012 civics/crz have? the ECON=only this is aftermarket.
i plan to keep my engine stock, so if i buy this and put it at the slowest responding setting will it give my gas mileage a higher figure.

Whats you mpg and average distant driven? Short trips less than 6 miles really hurt mpg and using A/C hurts mpg by putting a higher load on the motor which requires more fuel. Try using higher octane and get gasoline from a busy station. A busy station means fresh gasoline which helps in mpg.

I notice that when I am on the Interstate at 65 my ultra gauge says 35 mpg but I can lift off the gas a little and still maintain that speed and the mpg goes to 60mpg. If you drive city and short trips there is nothing to do to bring the mpg up except to shut the motor off at lights but I dont recommend that unless its for a freight train. Excessive Heat soaking is not good for the fuel system and for the piston rings plus the starter wont last and that adds to electrical problems.

phenoyz 06-12-2011 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by SilverBullet (Post 1002869)
Whats you mpg and average distant driven? Short trips less than 6 miles really hurt mpg and using A/C hurts mpg by putting a higher load on the motor which requires more fuel. Try using higher octane and get gasoline from a busy station. A busy station means fresh gasoline which helps in mpg.

I notice that when I am on the Interstate at 65 my ultra gauge says 35 mpg but I can lift off the gas a little and still maintain that speed and the mpg goes to 60mpg. If you drive city and short trips there is nothing to do to bring the mpg up except to shut the motor off at lights but I dont recommend that unless its for a freight train. Excessive Heat soaking is not good for the fuel system and for the piston rings plus the starter wont last and that adds to electrical problems.

I am content with my mpg, on my recent trip to California i check the mm
it says 41, i didnt use a/c and 60-70 was my average. Only me and wife.
My car is stock, except from the afe air filter change.

But i want to increase my gas mileage like the one i was getting from my
'98 civic sedan LX also m/t. On that car its like the needle never drops:)

Thats why i am looking for more information on what mods i need to do
to increase mpg. Coz i wanna use a/c especially during summer, and i also
want to go w/ the flow when i drive in the highway and it means going
more than 65 mph.

my bro. in law came here to vegas 3 weeks ago from san francisco, and they rented that new KIA sedona van, that has that ECON, there were 6 adults and two infants,A/C was obviously on, 80mph, and he says it (ECON) help alot w/mpg. Thats why im asking if this "adjustable throttle controller" is that same thing on those newer cars/van to increase fuel efficiency.

SilverBullet 06-12-2011 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by phenoyz (Post 1002877)
I am content with my mpg, on my recent trip to California i check the mm
it says 41, i didnt use a/c and 60-70 was my average. Only me and wife.
My car is stock, except from the afe air filter change.

But i want to increase my gas mileage like the one i was getting from my
94 civic sedan LX also m/t. On that car its like the needle never drops:)

Thats why i am looking for more information on what mods i need to do
to increase mpg. Coz i wanna use a/c especially during summer, and i also
want to go w/ the flow when i drive in the highway and it means going
more than 65 mph.

my bro. in law came here to vegas 3 weeks ago from san francisco, and they rented that new KIA sedona van, that has that ECON, there were 6 adults and two infants,A/C was obviously on, 80mph, and he says it (ECON) help alot w/mpg. Thats why im asking if this "adjustable throttle controller" is that same thing on those newer cars/van to increase fuel efficiency.

Thank you, now I know where your coming from.Its hard to compare different makes of vehicles because they are different. ECON is mostly a sale point because of high fuel prices. I dont know anything about the 12 step controller except to say the throttle body is electric and the controller would work by change signals to the TB and have not heard anything bad about it.

I do know that running premium and doing a few full throttle passes (2-3 seconds) with a warm motor the TB acts different and is easier to get better mpg. If there is Knock the ecu will add fuel and retard the timing and that could use 25 percent more fuel at certain loads. More like 10 percent average loss per tank.

phenoyz 06-12-2011 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by SilverBullet (Post 1002883)
Thank you, now I know where your coming from.Its hard to compare different makes of vehicles because they are different. ECON is mostly a sale point because of high fuel prices. I dont know anything about the 12 step controller except to say the throttle body is electric and the controller would work by change signals to the TB and have not heard anything bad about it.

I do know that running premium and doing a few full throttle passes (2-3 seconds) with a warm motor the TB acts different and is easier to get better mpg. If there is Knock the ecu will add fuel and retard the timing and that could use 25 percent more fuel at certain loads. More like 10 percent average loss per tank.

Thanks again.

fawbusha 06-12-2011 04:23 PM

PM me a price shipped to 23455 please and thanks

circa40 06-13-2011 12:23 PM

Price shipped to 92870 :D

sp1365 06-19-2011 12:06 PM

PM a price shipped to 60647?

Thanks!

twpanson 06-19-2011 01:10 PM

All pm sent!

Sincerely,
Panson

theindiearmy 06-19-2011 05:26 PM

Price for each street and racing shipped to 98059 please. Thank you.

creasechan 06-21-2011 04:52 AM

price for each shipped to 92069?