Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/merchant-group-buys-new-product-sales/)
-   -   ETC 12 step Adjustable Throttle Controller (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/merchant-group-buys-new-product-sales/55307-etc-12-step-adjustable-throttle-controller.html)

Black3sr 09-10-2010 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote (Post 908738)
Sheet happens.:vtec:

Don't step in it.

I am going to go race now.

Attachment 42828

Texas Coyote 09-10-2010 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit (Post 908727)
I'm going to have to try that one of these days ec5 that is. Seems mine stays on sp7:D

I have to use EC5 as a leash these days... It is a shame that some folks that are lacking in practical knowledge and are more impressed with maximum power at a given RPM are influencing others.... I can put my go pedal to the floor at low revs in the normal mode and take of pretty fast, in SP7 mode I experience 2nd gear wheel spin and wonderful torque steer.:wavey: Tell Lexis I said howdy....

Black3sr 09-11-2010 11:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I took a spin using SP7. Nice :) or should I say :vtec:

It works well even with an AT and no Paddles. I guess I never mashed it quite as much before either. Nice sound at 6,000 too.

There are other modes beside SP? :rotfl:

Attachment 42802

Texas Coyote 09-11-2010 11:29 AM

Your control module is different than the old one that I have but you should have normal and EC 1 through 5 modes and settings as well... It looks to me that the buttons are different but work the same way in function.... Since you bought your car to have fun in I doubt that you are going to use the EC mode anyway. Don't get carried away with it like you did with your daddy's Studebaker... I will be looking for your thread about how the cops are picking on you and gave you a speeding ticket.... You crazy older gentlemen make me laugh because I know you are having fun and that makes me feel good.

Black3sr 09-11-2010 11:55 AM

^^^ Older eh by how many decades? Something for you to look forward to in your golden years.

I will try to avoid the peace officers. I like waving to them as I go through the known speed traps at legal speeds.

Only got to first base in the Studebaker. Now the 51 Plymouth Fastback with the king size backseat was something else. :):):):):):):):)

Texas Coyote 09-11-2010 04:26 PM

One of my old high school buddies had a 49 Plymouth 4 door.. One night when the temperature dropped down pretty low that old hot water 6 froze over and blew a freeze plug in what was a small town that rolled up it's sidewalks at dark... That car refused to die but it was damned ugly and I don't think he ever got a girl to even get in the thing except for his sister... She would duck down if she saw someone she knew.... The tranny did finally screw up and he pulled the engine without a hoist standing with a foot on each of the fenders and put it in a sickly foam green 54 Plymouth 4 door... I was in the backseat of each of those cars when he would lose it in a turn and end up side swiping trees... He was the guy with the Crown Victoria, it never got wrecked...

Black3sr 09-11-2010 04:53 PM

Sounds like inbreeeding going on there. lol

I dechrome the Plymouth. Wire mesh grill and a quart of black paint and a brush.

The secret was having a two door. Made it harder for them to escape.

So your buddy was the better driver I take it?

I just turned the Fit into a hauler. Blew a rod in the lawnmower and had to go buy a new one. The young kid that help load it said Nice Car. Then a young couple was giving me( Fit I think) the once over as I pulled away. I was going to offer her a ride.

Perrenoud Fit 09-11-2010 07:55 PM

LOL $295.00 with free shipping

BRAND NEW SPRINT BOOSTER FOR 07+ HONDA FIT Automatic All Gas Engines
Sprint Booster reduces the delay of DBW throttle responses, providing instant acceleration

Winner of SEMA Best of Show 2009

http://www.drautomotive.com/images/s...intbooster.jpg
A Plug-n-Play Performance Upgrade for your Model Year 2000 or later vehicle. This is an upgrade that you can feel with normal everyday driving
http://www.drautomotive.com/images/s...e-response.jpg

Texas Coyote 09-11-2010 08:26 PM

:rolleyes:Harumph! I want to see dyno results, it is gonna mess up the ECU, it's for people with a slow right foot, all you have to do is put your foot all the way to the floor and you have the same effect :rolleyes:.... I wonder if this is the infamous $300 T/C , I think it was the Blitz that has been referred to and this one isn't even adjustable.... We all got the best deal from Panson and there are a lot of people missing out on a good thing that are too full of it to realize it.

twpanson 09-14-2010 10:25 PM

Night Bump~~

Sincerely,
Panson

gd3vbp 09-15-2010 08:43 AM

Friday is payday, as long as everything is in line I'm in finally. Can you pm me again with a price for the slim street version.

Santiad 09-15-2010 09:04 AM

could you also pm the price for the slim street version shipped to 07041 Millburn NJ

also is this as effective on automatic tranny's?

Btrthnezr3 09-15-2010 02:25 PM

And let me just let you guys know that this same technology is evident in the new CRZ.

I drove my buddy's CRZ last Sunday--drove in eco, then pushed normal and sport mode buttons while maintaining throttle speed--the car reacts in the EXACT same way that my car does with the ETC when I switch modes from norm to ec3, to sp5!!

This thing really makes a difference in the fun factor!

Texas Coyote 09-15-2010 02:50 PM

Yep, It is all about enjoying life... If something feels good it gives you pleasure regardless of what a dyno chart says.... I know what burning rubber smells like in second gear when in SP7 mode and my fuel mileage improves in EC5 and I feel very good about that.... Btrthnezr, I told you you would like it. There is no doubt in my mind that the ETC is making more power at lower RPMs in SP7 mode more quickly than without.

twpanson 09-15-2010 10:24 PM

All pm sent.

Sincerely,
Panson

555sexydrive 09-16-2010 12:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
TC, it is not doing anything, what we feel is just the placebo effect, we want to feel the car has something more so we believe it. The throttle controller is just a waste of money.

For those of you without a sarcasm detector...THAT WAS SARCASM!!!

Love how people that don't try something can form a solid opinion on whatever and then tell other people they are full of it. When I find an open piece of road close by (hard where I'm at) I will mash the throttle all the way down in EC5, Normal and SP7 and annotate how long it takes each to reach 100km/h (top of second). I'm sure somebody will claim what I did as falsified, like I have something to gain out of it. We know our own vehicles and how are foot works. :)

Funny, I get better mileage out of SP7 than any of the EC modes or normal. It's because I do have a heavy foot, the SP7 allows me to get to speed much quicker then allowing me to coast more. Where as I tried the EC mode and the car SUCKED, it felt like I was pulling a 747 behind me or something and even laying on the throttle as hard as I could, almost to the point where I started yelling YABBA DABBA DOOOOO, it just took forever to get going, which seems to use more gas as well. So the throttle controller lives on SP7 always as seen below...

Attachment 42594

gd3vbp 09-17-2010 09:15 AM

Just bought mine, now I need to figure out where I can mount it.

Black3sr 09-17-2010 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I put mine here

Attachment 42576

M4psycho 09-17-2010 11:57 AM

i thought you got the one panson was selling? Isn't that the one AJR sells?

gd3vbp 09-17-2010 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Black3sr (Post 911554)

I'd like it to be less visible. I don't want it to be sitting out in plain view if I'm parked in a shady area, or sitting out if I get pulled over.