Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales This area is for private individuals or small merchants to list NEW Products For Sale or to Organize Group Buys. Unlike "FIT VENDORS" on the forum, the staff of FITFREAK does not perform any background checks on individuals listing product offerings in this sub-forum. Payment is required in order to list your product in this sub-forum. CLICK HERE for payment details and instant Thread Posting access to this sub-forum.

DecalDude lug nut seat conversion adapters

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
DecalDude lug nut seat conversion adapters

Well my newest product i am offering is just the solution you need. These lug nut seat adapters offer an inner 60 degree surface to mate with the lug nut while having a ball seat on the outer side.

As many know it is very dangerous to use a tapered lug nut on stock wheels. Will they work? Yes, but due to the mismatch in the seat type there is less contact area between the nut and rim thus dramatically lowering the holding power of the lug nut making it dangerous to drive.

With the seat adapter I am offering it gets rid of that void that would be present thus allowing full force to be applied to the seat of the rim. No longer do you have to be stuck with ugly stock lugs or the EXTREMELY limited amount of lugs with a ball seat.

I am offering an initial sale on these for $25 shipped for 16 lug. Still have to put on my site but you can PM me or email me if you want them before i get them up(sales@decaldude.net).

Disregard the messed up lug nut I used for the picture lol, FYI you aren't supposed to use an air powered impact gun to install lugs(you would figure a tire shop would know that)

Name:  photobucket-3754-1308781506293.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  11.7 KB

Old 06-23-2011, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
oh, interesting.. how many rotations do you get with the adapter on the tuner lug before it's tight? it's dangerous to use tapered lug nuts on a ball seat oem wheel but it's more dangerous to drive around with less than 7 full rotations before the lug is completely snug.

oh and.. i helped a guy remove aluminum lug nuts that were tightened with an air gun from the tire shop he usually goes to -- idiots. needless to say, his lugs were gouged and scratched beyond belief and we had to use a breaker bar + cheater bar combo + double-man-too-close-for-comfort-village-people-strength to break them loose lol

Old 06-23-2011, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
Interested! For sale now? Or near future ? Need

Old 06-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Old 06-23-2011, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
^^^more expensive and you're not supporting a fellow member

Old 06-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by GD3_Wagoon
oh, interesting.. how many rotations do you get with the adapter on the tuner lug before it's tight? it's dangerous to use tapered lug nuts on a ball seat oem wheel but it's more dangerous to drive around with less than 7 full rotations before the lug is completely snug.

oh and.. i helped a guy remove aluminum lug nuts that were tightened with an air gun from the tire shop he usually goes to -- idiots. needless to say, his lugs were gouged and scratched beyond belief and we had to use a breaker bar + cheater bar combo + double-man-too-close-for-comfort-village-people-strength to break them loose lol
you are right, the first 5-6 threads on a screw/nut are what carry the majority of the load on it, anything after that is very insignificant. these add around 1.7mm to the length of the end of the nut, being as the pitch is 1.5mm you would lose just over one rotation, still leaving plenty of thread engagement left

Old 06-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Old 06-30-2011, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
you just saved me a huge headache! i've been wrestling with lugnuts for the last 2 months because i want some red ones, but wanna be safe and i've got my stock wheels. can't wait til payday!