Obstruction of Windshield for Vision

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
Obstruction of Windshield for Vision

So we were running errands a couple days ago there was a random safety checkpoint being held between the Glen Rock municpal court and the ballfield there. The first time we stopped, the officer let us go. On the way back a different officer stopped us for the rosary/palm/tree freshener hanging from the mirror.

I was driving my fiancees car so of course I got slapped with the summons for "obstruction of windshield for vision". $54 bucks. He couldn't even give me a warning. He said "I usually give out warnings but your getting a summons today." He said it was minimal but didn't even know the amount of the ticket. He also said they don't routinely pull people over for it on the street but at a safety check they will.

This is first time in my life I have ever been stopped for this. I know ignorance of the law is no excuse but both of us honestly did not know about this law. He used no judgement whatsoever and couldn't even give us a warning.

As we sat in the parking lot, I saw car after car pass the checkpoint with the other officer, with all kinds of things hanging from their rearview mirror and they were being let go. I guess we just got the wrong officer on the wrong day at the wrong time. He really needed that summons for his records I guess.

Just another cheap way for the towns to make money on a law that was made up for soley that purpose I'm sure. Even the police cars have cameras and other peripherals attached to their rearviews, laptops open on the dash, but all of that's SAFE right?

Last edited by Fitguy07; 09-06-2014 at 10:06 AM.