Daytona 24hr Race

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 08:21 AM
5 Year Member
Daytona 24hr Race

Let's drive down to Daytona for the 24hr race and party all weekend in FL

Come on who's in... we'll convoy down at 100 mph and get there in 14hrs non stop (unless we get arrested).

Sorry I just drank a RedBull

Old 01-25-2008, 08:29 AM
5 Year Member
sounds like a plan but no thanx...

Old 01-25-2008, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
We could hold a meet in the infield at Daytona

Old 01-25-2008, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Been to a couple of the ALMS races in Nor Cal at Laguna Seca. Going to the 24hr Daytona Race has been one of my "to do" things for years, just never had the time. That and I live on the opposite coast. Someday I'll make it out there. Post pics if you East Coast folks go.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like I'll be watching it on TV again... A buddy is sending me a set of Swift lowering springs for the Fit. So i'll be doing that tomorrow morning in the driveway (freezing my @#% off). But I'll be low by saturday afternoon

Old 01-25-2008, 08:31 PM
how do you guys like driving in ny with your car lowered? enough pot holes?

Old 01-25-2008, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Crucio
so far im staying away from the grand central... f that route

Old 01-25-2008, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
This will be my third lowered car... you just avoid what you can the rest you deal with it. Not a big deal as most roads are fine.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Tel1sps
This will be my third lowered car... you just avoid what you can the rest you deal with it. Not a big deal as most roads are fine.
i'm lowering my car next week with tanabe gf's ...this is my first car so i have no clue what i'm doing ..... hopefully i won't go into a pot hole by accident....

if i do....do i hit the side skirts? i'm scared of something getting knocked off!

Old 01-26-2008, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
i'm lowering my car next week with tanabe gf's ...this is my first car so i have no clue what i'm doing ..... hopefully i won't go into a pot hole by accident....

if i do....do i hit the side skirts? i'm scared of something getting knocked off!
You should be able to avoid somrthing that big / deep. Most damage you will get is minor scrapes. Cars with front splitters get banged up alot more. But my S2000 is very low and has a front splitter. The minor scrapes are under the car and splitter... you can not see unless the car is on a lift or jacked up. Steep driveways and parking lot entrances / exits will be your constant daily obstacles to deal with. Keep in mind when you enter a steep lot enterance you should go slow and approach at an angle to avoid scraping your bumper as much as possible. You develop a feel for what you can drive on without scaping and what you can not (and avoid).

Old 01-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
also, watch out for debris in the road that you would normally just drive directly over because with a lowered car it might not clear the bottom of the splitter/chin spoiler/front lip and the rest of the car's underbody. the fit already has little ground clearance at the stock height in my opinion, so really just be careful all the time haha.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by doctordoom
also, watch out for debris in the road that you would normally just drive directly over because with a lowered car it might not clear the bottom of the splitter/chin spoiler/front lip and the rest of the car's underbody. the fit already has little ground clearance at the stock height in my opinion, so really just be careful all the time haha.
What i'm very curious about is those speed bumps that are about a foot wide and about 3 inche's high...what happens when i go over it and the front wheels get over....then my car drops down with the bump underneath the middle of the car....wouldn't that hit everything?!

Old 01-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I heard them racing yesterday. The speedway was a little ways from where we all met up.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
Their still racing right now.... last half hr to go.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
Race just finished... Chip's team won again for the third year in a row!

It's the second year that Montoya is on the team.... Lucky dude

Old 01-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
What i'm very curious about is those speed bumps that are about a foot wide and about 3 inche's high...what happens when i go over it and the front wheels get over....then my car drops down with the bump underneath the middle of the car....wouldn't that hit everything?!
yeah it depends on the height of the bump, but usually it won't be high enough for your car to get stuck on. you have to make the proper judgement though based on your specific situation.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
i was thinking of this like all NYC and NJ should take a drive to Florida to see the lollicup meet that they have... that would be a crazy honda fit meet
( then again i can only dream)

Old 01-27-2008, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
i was thinking of this like all NYC and NJ should take a drive to Florida to see the lollicup meet that they have... that would be a crazy honda fit meet
( then again i can only dream)
When is it? I'm into crazy stuff.... with the gas mileage we get it would'nt be too bad to drive down.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tel1sps
When is it? I'm into crazy stuff.... with the gas mileage we get it would'nt be too bad to drive down.
ask mx6gt i think he knows when that happen..

Old 01-27-2008, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
There are also a lot of local shows that we could meet up at... I forget which one goes to Alantic City every year. I've never gone but it's a lot closer then FL

Quick Reply: Daytona 24hr Race