Mugen Fit At Limerock

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
Mugen Fit At Limerock

Just a pic from Limerock Yesterday..... Dirty Fit....

I usually track the S2000 but Limerock has a sound restriction that makes my S2k baned... The Fit was a fun track car just needs more power....

Link to track video.... YouTube - Mugen Fit At Limerock 4-08

Last edited by Tel1sps; 04-13-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:04 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
WHAT WERE YOU DOING AT LIMEROCK!
i F-ing love going there!
was it just classes?>

Old 04-13-2008, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by billmus86
WHAT WERE YOU DOING AT LIMEROCK!
i F-ing love going there!
was it just classes?>
I'm an instructor with NASA NE and usually have my S2000 track car. But I've been building the Fit to do stock class NASA TT. My goal is to go to nationals with the Fit in Mid Ohio this september and do Time Attack series (Redline and NASA Super Lap) with the S2000.

I'm in the process of uploading video from LM to UTube... I'll post link soon.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
those tires look sticky

Old 04-13-2008, 10:14 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
awesome!

ive always wanted to take the fit there-
well really any car for that matter..

is nasa ne any connection to skip barber? (only bc i know they are set up there)

ill have to keep my eyes more open then

Old 04-13-2008, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
No connection to Skip but now that Limerock has this club we only get half days... we get 4-5 sessions still but the schedule is non stop for the afternoon. Since I instruct I get no rest, right from the students car into mine.... We are back at LR this weekend again... check the website , there still may be spots available....

NASA NE 2008

The other tracks include Pocono, Watkins Glen, NJ Motorsports Park....

Old 04-13-2008, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
Cool. I can't wait for the vid to be posted. What wheels are you running atm?

Old 04-13-2008, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kamui
Cool. I can't wait for the vid to be posted. What wheels are you running atm?
The wheels are 15x8 Volk CE28's... Bronze.

Those wheels came from my main sponsor A&J Racing... They are off of Ben's Fit. He3 sent them to me with Advan 48's, but I'll be using NT01's for the Comps that count towards the season points.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tel1sps
The wheels are 15x8 Volk CE28's... Bronze.

Those wheels came from my main sponsor A&J Racing... They are off of Ben's Fit. He3 sent them to me with Advan 48's, but I'll be using NT01's for the Comps that count towards the season points.
Great choice on the wheels and tires. Hopefully you do go nationals with the Fit like you have with the S2K.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
Link to video added in first post

Old 04-13-2008, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
Nice vid. Your Fit is completely stock? Sounds though you have an exhaust.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:12 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
that was soo cool- mostly because i knew where you were gonna go...
how does it do on the first turn,..
usally when i go im in the little house in the infield, but if not there then on the outer hill by the bridge so i can watch all the people crash on that first turn.. lol

i love driving into the infield going over the little bridge with cars driving under lol

Old 04-13-2008, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
Nice vid. Your Fit is completely stock? Sounds though you have an exhaust.
No not stock... just the motor is stock. I have Mugen exhaust with t1r test pipe, swift springs , spc bolts for camber, Mugen drop in filter, Mugen short shifter, Volk wheels... the stock brake pads need to go. I'll switch to Ferodo like I have on the S2k.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:18 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
Mugen Fit At Limerock
i thought you said it was stock....?
lol jk

Old 04-13-2008, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
No not stock... just the motor is stock. I have Mugen exhaust with t1r test pipe, swift springs , spc bolts for camber, Mugen drop in filter, Mugen short shifter, Volk wheels... the stock brake pads need to go. I'll switch to Ferodo like I have on the S2k.
So you can race with mods, but in order to stay in stock class the motor can not be worked on. Cool. Seeing that no one wants to work on the L15 internals in North America, we can go in the stock class. Except if you did a K20 swap or turbo/SC.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
So you can race with mods, but in order to stay in stock class the motor can not be worked on. Cool. Seeing that no one wants to work on the L15 internals in North America, we can go in the stock class. Except if you did a K20 swap or turbo/SC.
Yeah you can do whatever you want.. they will just place you in a higher class if you have a lot of mods. They assign points to mods... you add them up and if you exceed the points allowed in your class you move up. That is how NASA does it to keep things fair. The Redline or Super Lap Battle Time Attacks do it differently... They allow as many mods as you can afford and depending on your tires place you in Street class (street Tires), Modified Class (R compounds) or Unlimited Class (slicks).

Anyone looking to go to the track let me know... you can request me as an instructor. I'll post the schedule link...

Old 04-13-2008, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
I am looking into going to track racing, but I don't live in NYC . Don't you have to go to school to get your license if you want to do track/time attacks? I been interested in this type of sport, but I had no clue how to get started.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
I am looking into going to track racing, but I don't live in NYC . Don't you have to go to school to get your license if you want to do track/time attacks? I been interested in this type of sport, but I had no clue how to get started.
You don't need to live in NYC... a drivers license from an state will work. The place to start is a HPDE (High Performance Drivr Education) event. Check out my NASA post... But you will need several track days before you can apply for a TT License. You start in group HPDE1 (Green / Novice) with a instructor.. then to HPDE2 (White / Beginer) in the car by your self with instructors on request, then HPDE3 (Blue / advanced), next is HPDE4 (Expert & Race License people / Red), lastly is HPDE5 (Instructors / Black).

You will need to develop your skills and move up to HPDE4 before you can get a TT License... Some clubs allow all levels to compete except Green/HPDE1's... That could be safe if done properly on the right track.

How fast you move up depends on you... If you come out on a regular basis you could get your license next year (on average). Some people never advance into HPDE4 other move up in a few months, it all depends on you.

I'm going to cut and paste this into the NASA post as I think a lot of people will be asking the same question.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
You don't need to live in NYC... a drivers license from an state will work. The place to start is a HPDE (High Performance Drivr Education) event. Check out my NASA post... But you will need several track days before you can apply for a TT License. You start in group HPDE1 (Green / Novice) with a instructor.. then to HPDE2 (White / Beginer) in the car by your self with instructors on request, then HPDE3 (Blue / advanced), next is HPDE4 (Expert & Race License people / Red), lastly is HPDE5 (Instructors / Black).

You will need to develop your skills and move up to HPDE4 before you can get a TT License... Some clubs allow all levels to compete except Green/HPDE1's... That could be safe if done properly on the right track.

How fast you move up depends on you... If you come out on a regular basis you could get your license next year (on average). Some people never advance into HPDE4 other move up in a few months, it all depends on you.

I'm going to cut and paste this into the NASA post as I think a lot of people will be asking the same question.
Thanks man for the info. I will look into this more today after work. Hopefully I can get some time off work on the days that they do the beginner's events. This sport looks so much fun

Old 04-14-2008, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks man for the info. I will look into this more today after work. Hopefully I can get some time off work on the days that they do the beginner's events. This sport looks so much fun
Btw Autox is a good way to start.. cheaper and is a good way to learn car control.

Motorsports NE is the autox division of our race group...

Autocross - HPDE - MotorSports North East

Quick Reply: Mugen Fit At Limerock