Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Sprint finds a new low in Customer Service...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Sprint finds a new low in Customer Service...

Sprint 'fires' 1000 customers

This is absolutely horrible. Everyone should just get rid of Sprint. Or sue the thongs out of their uptight butts.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
wow, i wish they did that to me actually, i hate sprint's expensive phones and service.. but i get the hookup since i work at Dell

Old 07-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm going through something with a company call Unicell right now and they're telling me I called them and told them to give me an extension on payment because I told them my father was dying in Colorado. I'm like wtf? Grrr...

Old 07-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Moral of the story...If you want out of your Sprint contract, be a big pain in the @$$. Don't try that with everything though. It hasn't worked with my marriage yet. JK!

Old 07-12-2007, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Well considering that the people dropped were calling CS 40-50 times a month for over a year I havent called that many time in ten years, get a life. And if any of these peaple have that much trouble for that long why rrenew your contract .

Old 07-12-2007, 03:58 PM
These people should be happy that a sucky service provider dropped them...no charge. It's a win-win.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by MouthfulOfchris
Moral of the story...If you want out of your Sprint contract, be a big pain in the @$$. Don't try that with everything though. It hasn't worked with my marriage yet. JK!
lmao...too funny.

Originally Posted by actonimpulse
These people should be happy that a sucky service provider dropped them...no charge. It's a win-win.
Not really, because...

Originally Posted by Stevens24
Well considering that the people dropped were calling CS 40-50 times a month for over a year I havent called that many time in ten years, get a life. And if any of these peaple have that much trouble for that long why rrenew your contract .
...when you don't have much of a choice you're kinda stuck dealing with it. You'd be surprised. As much as they complain, a lot of people are just too lazy. Or they don't want to give up low cost plans, or free text messaging, or free or low cost calling to their friends, free incoming calls, or perhaps some packaged internet/land-line bundles, etc. There was some article about this on MSN awhile back, about the companies with the absolute worst customer service. It might be in the link I posted earlier. Companies leave less on the table so they feel less pressure from consumers to provide better customer service.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:31 AM
I honestly don't have sympathy. There is nothing that is going to motivate me to keep a crappy service provider no matter what the service. They wouldn't have had a chance to cancel my contract because I would have been gone long before.

I still think this is a smart move on Sprint's part. Having been in the service industry I know, as bad as it sounds, that the customer isn't always right (although they usually get their way, this is the nature of constant complaining). These 1000 customers were extreme examples of customers that would probably be unhappy no matter what.

I don't think this incident has broad application to customer service as a whole.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
I don't think this incident has broad application to customer service as a whole.
No thats what out sourcing is for.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:45 PM
I honestly don't have sympathy. There is nothing that is going to motivate me to keep a crappy service provider no matter what the service. They wouldn't have had a chance to cancel my contract because I would have been gone long before.
While true, that's you...

...about 28 million other people have decided otherwise.

Last edited by jbrisson; 07-13-2007 at 01:50 PM.