Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

So what do yall think..

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Question So what do yall think..

Me and my chick have been going out for about 3 1/2 yrs, since HS.. after me pullin a few 10hrs days at work I went off on her cause I was tired and stressed, now she "wants her time" and has not talked to me for about a week, she is now going to do something we have been planning for about a year now, with her friend and does not want me there with her. Its also scheduled to be on V-Day, I am pretty hurt about the whole thing and was all set to ask her to marry me, I just don't think she will be coming back at this point, what do yall think am I right that shes not coming back or am I just over reacting?

Old 02-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Well, I dunno what Iam going to do, Iam goin to go drive around, hope that clears things up.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I don't want this to come across the wrong way, but if you don't think she'll be coming back are you sure you want to ask her to marry you???

Now for the good news, if you love her and she loves you as well then apologize and make up. Things will work out for the best!

Old 02-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Kind of unrelated, but I've got a bunch of friends who swear by that book Men are From Mars Women are from Venus. They swear that the book has saved their marriage. Might be something to consider looking into. I hear it does a fantastic job of explaining how the other sex thinks and operates, but does it in a way that the other can understand.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
how old are you? 3 years out of highschool? too young for marriage! forreal forreal.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I am 20, and yes, she loves me and I love her, is that a book or something dude? Asking her to marry her is nothing definite but something I feel strong about. I am working on getting a house first though ..

Old 02-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Yeah, it's a book.

Do your best to work things out. But if it doesn't work out then it's not meant to be. GL dude.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
we will see, Iam goin to finish this beer and pass out. hope tomorrow is better. but it never is.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i'm curious how bad did you go off on her that she hasn't spoke to you in a week and has planned through your guys' v-day? i hope it wasn't something too bad that happened between you guys. but even if it was, you guys have been in a relationship for this long, so try be confident that it will bounce back. good luck, i hope everything works out.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I cant sleep, honestly I didn't go off on her like cussing and yelling, I just told her that she was being annoying right now and she needed to stop. She continued to do what I asked her not to, I am not one to yell and cuss at somebody I care for this much.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
icic, maybe she really just needs time. i know how hard it can be (probably more like impossible) but just try your best not to stress too much over it. i'll hope everything works out on your behalf.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
are youu acting with her "like i dont give a damn" right now?
if so, drop it bro. it never works out. im not either telling that you should annoy her, but at least let the girl know whats up, that u miss her and love her. Do everything on your reach, then when everything seems to fail, its when you think "shell never come back"

God bless man

Old 02-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fits_all
are youu acting with her "like i dont give a damn" right now?
if so, drop it bro. it never works out. im not either telling that you should annoy her, but at least let the girl know whats up, that u miss her and love her. Do everything on your reach, then when everything seems to fail, its when you think "shell never come back"

God bless man
you are probably right, she just told me though that she doesn't need any more time and does not want to be with me any more. So I guess thats it. Thanks for yalls responses though, iamma try and get some sleep i guess

Old 02-10-2008, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
i have said worst thing under courage bro. when your angry, you're not who you really are imo. Even if shes dead set on her decision right now, if she really wants ya, shell come back sooner or later when she gets to see what her inner self really wants. Even if u guys dont spend v-day together n whatsoever. Again man, good luck. I really think this is kind of personal but i just thought i might cherish someone up while still being realistic.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:09 AM
Banned
Man up and say goodbye your lucky you found out what she is like BEFORE you got married. Men know there are new girls just around the next corner.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
alright, time to put my asociates degree in psych to some use. from the looks of things, the incident between you two was not the real deal in her leaving. it may have been her reason or excuse, but to not talk to you for a week then go through with your plans on vday with another dude that fast... something was in the works between her and him long before you had a rough day on the job. this was just the catalyst she needed to burn you and not feel guilty about it when explaining what happened to you with fam and friends. she was just waiting for you to slip. from how you described the argument you had that particular day, i would assume you treated her like a princess before hand. otherwise, couples get in fights all the freakin time and make up and get over it. you two are young, and from personal experience when i used to not mind dating younger grrlz around 18, they haven't had that time she mentioned to her self to figure out who she is and all that philosophical shit. i know especially after three+ years it's hard to just drop it and move on. and noone should expect you to. just chill take it easy. reflect. relax. maybe write some to get it out of your head. and try and learn from it and just have fun being a single 20 year old with a brand new car. it will most definately take some time, a hell whole lot of time with feelings as strong as you had to consider marriage. i went through it and it's a very slow proccess. each day you feel worse, but after a month you feel a little better but you know you're still not completely over her and it's ok if you never really are. just accept the fact now that chapter in your life is closed and concentrate on the next 60 years to come. it gets better and better, life in general that is, unless you run into a string of extremely bad luck. it's hard cuz you were so impressionable when you were together learning the ins and outs of life with eachother, but the next grrl will be even more turned on by a guy who is capable of functioning on his own.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by los_creeper
alright, time to put my asociates degree in psych to some use. from the looks of things, the incident between you two was not the real deal in her leaving. it may have been her reason or excuse, but to not talk to you for a week then go through with your plans on vday with another dude that fast... something was in the works between her and him long before you had a rough day on the job. this was just the catalyst she needed to burn you and not feel guilty about it when explaining what happened to you with fam and friends. she was just waiting for you to slip. from how you described the argument you had that particular day, i would assume you treated her like a princess before hand. otherwise, couples get in fights all the freakin time and make up and get over it. you two are young, and from personal experience when i used to not mind dating younger grrlz around 18, they haven't had that time she mentioned to her self to figure out who she is and all that philosophical shit. i know especially after three+ years it's hard to just drop it and move on. and noone should expect you to. just chill take it easy. reflect. relax. maybe write some to get it out of your head. and try and learn from it and just have fun being a single 20 year old with a brand new car. it will most definately take some time, a hell whole lot of time with feelings as strong as you had to consider marriage. i went through it and it's a very slow proccess. each day you feel worse, but after a month you feel a little better but you know you're still not completely over her and it's ok if you never really are. just accept the fact now that chapter in your life is closed and concentrate on the next 60 years to come. it gets better and better, life in general that is, unless you run into a string of extremely bad luck. it's hard cuz you were so impressionable when you were together learning the ins and outs of life with eachother, but the next grrl will be even more turned on by a guy who is capable of functioning on his own.
+1. And not because he has a degree. I have had experience with this before. Girls are so dumb. This one chick tried to say that she wanted to be with girls instead. So I banged her and sent her on her way. I win!

Anyways, I am sure it has been said before, but you are young and there are definitely many opportunities for you to be duped. Take them in stride and HAVE FUN!

Old 02-19-2008, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by osborne
+1. And not because he has a degree. I have had experience with this before. Girls are so dumb. This one chick tried to say that she wanted to be with girls instead. So I banged her and sent her on her way. I win!
i sure hope that bit about girls being dumb was just sarcasm that didn't translate well.

just because i get in an argument with my bf doesn't mean "guys are dumb". you take each situation for what it is, and deal with it accordingly. if it doesn't work out, then you do your best to deal with it.

to the OP, i'm sorry your situation didn't work out. you're still very young and with time, you'll find someone that's great for you.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Please don't take any advise from the "girls are dumb" guy.
At your age this type of thing is bound to happen 1x, 2x's+, that's just the way life works. These times are learning experiences(the worst of the many learning experiences) and they test our life skills. I got married at 30 and have been married for 10 years now and can honestly say...this stuff takes constant daily work. When your married, there is NO such thing as not talking for a week, that person is there with you in your space and thats tuff.
Take your time, hang out with your buds watch the games.
Go thru life slow cause before you know it, alot of time will have gone by and alot of regrets on your mind. Take it from me

Best wishes to you

Old 02-19-2008, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
Are you kidding me? I never said that all females are dumb because I know that is not true. I said that girls are dumb. The term "girl" taken in context with this conversation and by it's definition is "a young, immature woman." If you take offense to that then the problem is not with my statement. Also, as a woman, you should know damn well how petty and dumb girls can be. Boys are just as bad. I am pretty sure that we all have done something dumb to a boy or girl at some point in our life.

UPDATE: For those of you who do not know, dumb means "someone who lacks intelligence OR good judgement.". So I stand by my statement that girls are dumb or "young, immature women lack good judgement" for those of you whose vocab is limited.

Last edited by osborne; 02-19-2008 at 04:27 PM.

Quick Reply: So what do yall think..