Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.
View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on the "Inticing a Fit to Race" Thread? Want it back?
Never saw the thread, and don't care.
0%
Didn't get a chance to see it, but would like to!
0%
Dumbest thing i have ever seen. Good riddance.
0%
I posted/voted, and I want it back!!
100.00%
I found it offensive and am glad it was deleted.
0%
Yes, Bring it back!!!
100.00%
No, Keep that trash out of here!!!!!
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Follow-Up to The "How Many Ppl Try To Race Your Fit" Thread/Poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Follow-Up to The "How Many Ppl Try To Race Your Fit" Thread/Poll

So, some of you may remember my thread last night (Monday 3/31/08)

"How Many Times a Week Do People Try To Race You In Your Fit"

I thought it to be a legitimate question seeing as there are stories around here all the time of people trying to incise a Fit owner to a race. I made it a fun thread with joking and options in the thread such as "245,368,856,934,465 times a week someone tries to race me". There were stories about Yaris's trying to go at it on the highway, and minivans revving their engines towards a Honda Fit at a red light. It had like 90-some views and over 20 voters on the poll along with 18+ replies in the first hour and a half. (mind you, that was at 11pm)

I looked forward to making breakfast and reading the new replies, however much to my amazement it no longer exists. Personally I thought it was the best thread on the site from an entertainment point of view.

A New Poll Is In Order!!!!!!
-What do the viewers of the thread (Administration included/encouraged) think about said thread being deleted? Would you like to see another thread/poll similar if possible?-

Old 04-01-2008, 12:57 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
How many people try to race you is fine. The only thing, and why the old thread got deleted, was talk of Illegal streetracing. This can stay open as long as no one talks about streetracing, racing on the hwy as per the FF rules.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
How many people try to race you is fine. The only thing, and why the old thread got deleted, was talk of Illegal streetracing. This can stay open as long as no one talks about streetracing, racing on the hwy as per the FF rules.
The point of the thread was just a chance to express how many people are trying to race the Fit on the street.....it's hard to do that without a little mention of street racing in one way or another. But it was not to encourage street racing, it was for entertainment.

p.s. I am really not that 'mad/concerned' about the thread, I just thought this would be entertaining also. -and no mention of street racing in the poll-

Old 04-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Retired Moderator
A rule is a rule cavie187.
JDMchris's point is exactly true. While on FitFreak.net, no talk of illgal racing is permited. Arguing with moderators is not going to help you change a rule. The rule will stay as is.

Tyler