Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

R35 GTR versus GALLARDO

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 05:20 PM
R35 GTR versus GALLARDO

Battle of the TITANS here.....the new Nissan R35 GTR going toe 2 toe with the beefy V12 Lambo Gallardo....enjoy

R35 GTR vs Gallardo Superleggera - Video

Old 04-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Sweet video. Is that the 1/4 mile? I was expecting more from them. 12.1 is VERRRRRRRRRRRY fast, but i drive a neon that hits in the 12's

Old 04-25-2008, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
Cool vid! I'd still the the Gallardo anyday though even if it got spanked by 10 seconds. It just looks way way sexier IMO. You roll up and people say DAMN a Lambo! Roll up in a GTR and people say DAMM...a Nissan?

Gallardo only a V10...unless this is a one off model. (cant understand Japanese)

Old 04-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by FITrunner
Cool vid! I'd still the the Gallardo anyday though even if it got spanked by 10 seconds. It just looks way way sexier IMO. You roll up and people say DAMN a Lambo! Roll up in a GTR and people say DAMM...a Nissan?

Gallardo only a V10...unless this is a one off model. (cant understand Japanese)
Oppps thought it was a 12! Learn something new everyday..thx

tonyd

Old 04-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Wow 2 guys stepping on the gas, automatic supercars FTL.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:46 PM
RDS
Originally Posted by smatts
It's a little more complicated than that with the GT-R. And technically DSG-type transmissions are far more than "automatic" transmissions. They're able to run in auto mode, but they're far superior and far more flexible to auto transmissions.

Originally Posted by cavie187
Sweet video. Is that the 1/4 mile? I was expecting more from them. 12.1 is VERRRRRRRRRRRY fast, but i drive a neon that hits in the 12's
It's obvious the GT-R driver didn't use launch control otherwise that would've been a high to mid 11 sec time. So I'm pressuming they wanted to see what the car would do without it. That or the guys driving didn't know how to use it.

I dunno if you've seen an R35 yet, but this car is f'ing huge. When people say it's a beast, they mean that in every sense of the word. It's got far more presence than you'd think a Nissan would or SHOULD ever have.

And still, I do not like mine. But I talked to someone earlier who echoed the same thoughts.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RDS

I dunno if you've seen an R35 yet, but this car is f'ing huge. When people say it's a beast, they mean that in every sense of the word. It's got far more presence than you'd think a Nissan would or SHOULD ever have.
Yup I have seen it, yes its big car. Theres a white one and a black one cruising around Huntington Beach / Newport Beach. The white one belongs to a friend of one of the NSX guys. My father and his friend ordered two to be shipped overseas. Arrival time should be late August or early September. They paid $10K over MSRP. The car for sure has a presence. I was just talking about my personal taste as I just find them ugly. Fast yes, but to me, still ugly. Once the new, fast, and the oohhh and ahhh stage pass, you are left with ugly. But again, just my personal taste as I know others drool over the GTR which is fine by me.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:52 PM
RDS
Yup I have seen it, yes its big car. Theres a white one and a black one cruising around Huntington Beach / Newport Beach. The white one belongs to a friend of one of the NSX guys. My father and his friend ordered two to be shipped overseas. Arrival time should be late August or early September. They paid $10K over MSRP. The car for sure has a presence. I was just talking about my personal taste as I just find them ugly. Fast yes, but to me, still ugly. Once the new, fast, and the oohhh and ahhh stage pass, you are left with ugly. But again, just my personal taste as I know others drool over the GTR which is fine by me.
Well, I never said it was attractive. I just said it has presence. Pics hopefully tomorrow. And for the record, I still dislike it. I'm more than likely going to be selling it. Fortunately, I didn't pay MSRP, but NEVER EVER buy into the hype of something. Literally....

Old 04-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
it doesn't matter which one i'd rather have
i'd kill for either!!

but truthfully, i'd probably rather have the lambo.
just think of all the beautiful, shallow women you could get!

Old 04-27-2008, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RDS
Well, I never said it was attractive. I just said it has presence. Pics hopefully tomorrow. And for the record, I still dislike it. I'm more than likely going to be selling it. Fortunately, I didn't pay MSRP, but NEVER EVER buy into the hype of something. Literally....
Wow man. I dont know what to say. Sorry to hear your experience was bad enough that you have to sell. My dad and his friend bought it to ship overseas. Apparently the hype in those countries justify the $10K over MSRP they paid. I told them they were nuts, but hey, its their money, and he scoffs at my NSX so who am I to say. Hope you get good change back for the car and get something that will be more fun for you.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:02 AM
RDS
Wow man. I dont know what to say. Sorry to hear your experience was bad enough that you have to sell. My dad and his friend bought it to ship overseas. Apparently the hype in those countries justify the $10K over MSRP they paid. I told them they were nuts, but hey, its their money, and he scoffs at my NSX so who am I to say. Hope you get good change back for the car and get something that will be more fun for you.
The car's not a bad car. But the three of us that bought one (myself, my Japanese business partner and RJ De Vera) all pretty much came to the same conclusion. We've all had them for a few months now and nobody actually likes it. Ours are LHD direct from Nissan, no grey market, dissassembled and put back together type cars. My decision was either the GT-R or the Audi R8, but if I had to do it all over again, I'd choose neither. I'd love an R8, but it's $30K over the GT-R which doesn't make much sense for a car that outperforms it (I'm not paying $30K extra just cuz it looks better).

We've talked about an Evo X, but the interiors aren't nearly nice enough to justify the asking price, even if it's a good deal. I may wind up with an Acura of some sort.

EDIT: By the way, the reason I don't like the car is because it's too large for me. Waaay too large. It feels like a large sedan, mostly because it's about the size of a large sedan. The interior wraps around you, but I can still *feel* the weight. I'm grown up, but not THAT grown up to want to feel that

Old 04-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
"so today, im up against japan's 410hp? 420hp? wait wat was the hp on that car?"

"who cares, it's the fastest japanse car."

Old 04-27-2008, 10:59 PM
Retired Moderator
But they are faster then MT supercars!

Tyler

Old 04-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by TOOL
But they are faster then MT supercars!

Tyler
I know... but it's lame that today's super-cars are controlled more by onboard computers then people. Like come on... launch control? That's pretty much an I win button, kind of lame if that thing went to the drag strip and owned everyone because they had to launch and shift manually.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:29 PM
RDS
I know... but it's lame that today's super-cars are controlled more by onboard computers then people. Like come on... launch control? That's pretty much an I win button, kind of lame if that thing went to the drag strip and owned everyone because they had to launch and shift manually.
I understand where you're coming from, but there may be a silver lining. There were some people who noted severe drivetrain shutter during launch. It's unnerving because you think you're going to snap an axle. All of that is integrated in the rear and costs SERIOUS dough to replace.