Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull

so i saw it last night.

it was awesome. could have done without the monkey bit, but for the most part, i was impressed how much it played back like the older films, albeit with updated effects.(none of the 'unnecessary' cgi like in star wars where even just a few clone troopers got the cgi treatment.)

its still probably my least favorite, but a great, enjoyble flick. over the top at times, but thats what 1950's pulp was all about.

anyone else catch it yet?

Old 05-23-2008, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
I'll be seeing this for sure once I get out to the beach this weekend.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
it was alright. i would have waited to be on dvd.

i mean, it dragged a lot

Old 05-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
really?
damn,...
i still wanna see it haha!

Old 05-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Banned
Just saw it 1 hour ago. Slow. Harrison Ford looked a little tired.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
Just saw it 1 hour ago. Slow. Harrison Ford looked a little tired.

he could still kick all of our asses. its funny that you mentioned that, because i thought he did great, and way better than most at his age. (manxman, did you see the new rambo? that was tired looking, sly spent most of the time behind a gatling gun, and all the scenes of him running were sped up to make it look faster! and he takes steroids?) i thought harrison was incredible. and the fact that the movie 'felt' like an indy movie was a big plus.

there were a few 'informative' bits, but i didn't really mind them. i guess its a little more boring if you are not a fan, as non hardcores always go to the blockbusters without the backstory, and steve and george took this into consideration.

its not the best one, but def on par with temple of doom.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
Saw it Wednesday night....overall i thought it was alright. Ill see if they make another one with Shia being the new Indi..

Old 05-24-2008, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LOZA
Saw it Wednesday night....overall i thought it was alright. Ill see if they make another one with Shia being the new Indi..

i dont think it would go down to well. its the same reason they wont make an episode seven of starwars....no one will accept it if the people are not the same. its a bit different in this case, as far as shia taking on the mantle, but the idea of Harrison being the ONLY indy is just far too iconic. (hence the last scene, when he puts him in his place. )

Old 05-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by eldaino
he could still kick all of our asses. its funny that you mentioned that, because i thought he did great, and way better than most at his age. (manxman, did you see the new rambo? that was tired looking, sly spent most of the time behind a gatling gun, and all the scenes of him running were sped up to make it look faster! and he takes steroids?) i thought harrison was incredible. and the fact that the movie 'felt' like an indy movie was a big plus.

there were a few 'informative' bits, but i didn't really mind them. i guess its a little more boring if you are not a fan, as non hardcores always go to the blockbusters without the backstory, and steve and george took this into consideration.

its not the best one, but def on par with temple of doom.
Yep- I saw tired Sly squeeze a few more million out of what was once an interesting character. Generally, sequels made 10-15 years after really good original franchise movies don't work very well. With the exceptions of Star Wars and Star Trek.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
Yep- I saw tired Sly squeeze a few more million out of what was once an interesting character. Generally, sequels made 10-15 years after really good original franchise movies don't work very well. With the exceptions of Star Wars and Star Trek.

true. although i will say the only thing episode one had going for it was liam neeson and to a lesser extent, ewan macgregor. And the final half hour.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:10 PM
acf
Not that I want to see an indy with shia as the "next indy" but the concept isnt unknown to the franchise. In the last crusade, young indy is "inspired" by someone with indy like qualities. Remember the circus train sequence?

Originally Posted by eldaino
i dont think it would go down to well. its the same reason they wont make an episode seven of starwars....no one will accept it if the people are not the same. its a bit different in this case, as far as shia taking on the mantle, but the idea of Harrison being the ONLY indy is just far too iconic. (hence the last scene, when he puts him in his place. )

Old 05-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Retired Moderator
Last thing we need is a Shia Indiana Jones movie. Just not the same. He did pick his own name too...so I guess it would be "The Adventures of Mutt Jones". It was good, but I didn't like the ending. The buildup was good with some good sequences.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:46 AM
It wasn't bad... but I like it the second least of the series. The "surprise" was so obvious ... that you could get it w/o even paying attention to the movie imo.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Retired Moderator
lol you can figure out the ending 15 mins into the movie haha

Old 05-27-2008, 09:54 AM
sounds about right... and even the ***************SPOILER**************************** ************************************************** ***

x-files tie in part

Old 05-27-2008, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
Movie was good till the end.
Glad I didn't have to pay to see it.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Banned
I'm supposed to go see this tonight, so we'll see how it goes.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
Meh its a re-hash of a old icon (Indiana Jones) because they couldn't think of anything new. Why waste time and energy when we can just staple together random plots, put in an established character, and boom watch the $$$ roll in.

All that aside I am going to be one of the suckers, as I plan to see it this coming weekend. DAMN YOU LUCAS & SPIELBERG!!

Old 05-27-2008, 11:22 AM
At least they didn't let Lucas write their dialog... otherwise it would have been as ridiculous!

Old 05-27-2008, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gofastredfit
At least they didn't let Lucas write their dialog... otherwise it would have been as ridiculous!

ha ha! good point! harrison was already telling him back in the 70's that 'you can only put this shit on paper.' all the newer actors bow down to him because he's george lucas.

hell, if they wanted ME to play anakin, i'd say ANTHING lol.

Quick Reply: Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull