Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Funny story about myself

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Funny story about myself

I just wanted to share this story, cuz I was telling it to someone else today, and I figured everyone would get a kick out of. Makes me look stupid, but oh well.

My first semester at college I was living in the dorms and decided to go get some groceries cuz I was tired of the cafeteria food. So I was gonna get some sndwhich stuff.

Well, I thought I was going to get bologna, but I was dumb, and thought it was spelled baloney.

So I go to the store, looking at the sandwhich meats, and all I see is this bologna stuff, which I sounded out as bah-log-nah. So I decided to call my mom and ask her where the baloney would be located, you know...since I couldnt find any.

So she tells me it should be where I'm looking. And then I ask her, "What's bah-log-nah?" And she's like, "I dont know, sounds weird, dont buy it."

I got ham instead.

Moral of the story, everyone can be dumb! I thought I was cool going off to school to get a degree at a university (1st generation college kid) and I didn't even know how to spell bologna. Even though I've heard the oscar mayer song numerous times.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:11 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
LOL whoaaaaaaaaaa that was funny that you didn't know but it's even funnier that your mom didn't know too hahahahha

-Ricky