Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Guy shot himself next to me

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
Guy shot himself next to me

I was at the indoor shooting range tonight in HB. I'm loading my magazine in the booth and i hear the typical shooting but feel a big thump. I knew that wasn't a shot. I step out the booth to see my buddy flailing his hands and screaming help. I'm like wtf! I look down 2 booths over and this guy is lying there on his back. His face had all this blood. I stare to see if he's alive or not. Then I start banging on the window to get the worker's attention to call 911. My friend leaves and I'm just looking at this guy. All of a sudden MORE blood is gushing out like a fountain. I'm like OMFG.

Grab the gear and wait outside for the cops.

Man that was crazy. He had 1 round left and took it to his chin. Obviously he was distraught. My buddy is shaky and so am I. I've seen dead people before but not seconds after the cause of death.

I told my buddy we were lucky he didn't decide to go on a shooting spree but then at the same time it would be harder to do with guys and guns in hand.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
damn... that must of been ****n crazy

Old 12-23-2008, 11:51 PM
that's nucking futs man. I never saw anybody die in front of me...I dunno how I'd react. I'd smoke a lot tonight that's for sure.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
man i was thinking to smoke too and i don't smoke.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:04 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
our own mortality is a hard thing to accept. especially when it is staring you in the face like that. ive seen someone killed before and it is not an easy thing to forget. just remember that every second of life counts. dont waste it.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
^^
Totally agree

I see death all too often in my line of work. You just never get used to it because it's different every time. The worst part is when you know it's going to happen. You'd think it'd be easier because you could prepare for it...but there's just no preparation.

I'm glad you and your friend are safe. Hopefully you won't be too shaken up.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:32 AM
If you need it get therapy. I personally don't go for it (a few beers and talking it over at the bar with my buddy is how I deal with it), but besides the fact I'm an idiot I know a lot of guys/girls who find having a professional to talk to helps out. I don't want you getting PTSD and doing the same thing to yourself later down the road. No shame in asking for help if you need it. Good luck buddy, hang in there.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
thanks guys. i'm ok. i've been around tragic deaths with my family in the past just never saw death that quick.

i told my buddy to let me know if he's shaken up. he saw the guy drop to the floor and never has seen a dead person.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:57 AM
Just checking. Today's society is all about "CTFU" (Cowboy the *fudge* up for those of you who haven't heard it) or "man up" or however you want to put it, but a bit of therapy now can save you years of it down the road. Send me a PM if you need to talk. Take care.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:54 AM
thats a crazy story for the holidays. Like what you said, good thing he didnt take out a few with him. Hopefully more details to follow tomorrow at the oc register.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Wow I'm sorry dude. I've seen some crazy things too. Take care of yourself and if you need therapy don't hesitate to get some!!

Old 12-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
our own mortality is a hard thing to accept. especially when it is staring you in the face like that. ive seen someone killed before and it is not an easy thing to forget. just remember that every second of life counts. dont waste it.
i totally agree.

but man, that's ****ing insane, and, as it's been stated before, thank god he didn't hurt anyone else

i hope i never have to see something like that

Old 12-24-2008, 01:57 PM
That is very tragic. Guns are so gross to me. Never want to be anywhere near them EVER.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
I hear about these tragic stories once in a while at indoor shooting ranges. Happened here at a local shooting range a few years back.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
wow crazy stuff so heard anything else from it lately? is it gonan stop you from loving guns? well overall it good that youre still here talking to us good to have you here bro =) hows the STI coming along =P

Old 12-24-2008, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Did he shoot himself intentionally?

Old 12-24-2008, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
the guy shot himself intentionally because he fired it upwards from his chin. it was also the last round in the chamber.

i will still go shooting as the gun wasn't the problem but the guy behind it. you can say that w a guy holding a knife , a bat, or a pipe.

But i will ask to the farthest away from other people and i'm not using booth 13.

sti is going good. i swapped the trunk for wingless for the stealth look and put on epic engineering springs for better handling. hopefully they'll settle down a little more. it's not made to be aggressive but i'd like a tad more in front.

Old 12-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Sorry you and your friend had to be flung into the dark world this poor guy had found himself in. Life is so precious and fragile - reminder to enjoy every second.

Cat :x

Old 12-29-2008, 06:50 PM
finally read about it at ocregister

Old 12-29-2008, 07:24 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
okay, im sorry but that is totally the shooting range's fault for this guy killing himself in there. every shooting range in the bay area has a policy about renting guns. you have to own a gun and have it with you in order to rent a gun to deter people from this exact situation happening. if you already have a gun, you dont need to rent one to kill yourself and you can do it in the privacy of your own home. shame on the shooting range for trying to make extra money.

Quick Reply: Guy shot himself next to me