Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

BP Oil Spill (volcano) in the gulf. Could this kill millions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 04:51 PM
BP Oil Spill (volcano) in the gulf. Could this kill millions?

This is so sad.

I feel terrible for the people and animals.

It seems there are many opinions.

Some think it is a false flag event to push an agenda.

Most of the new info looks like BP is doing more harm then good with the clean up.

If I was living in Florida or any gulf state, I would be planning my evacuation, as the reports on the deadly gas are not good.

Any thoughts?

Here are a few reports on some different breaking information. Im not saying I believe this info, but it sure makes you take a closer look.

The new info seems like its possible millions of people could be killed by a huge methane gas explosion.

Whistle blower to testify on oil spill worst fear:BP deliberately sinks oil with Corexit as cover up
Whistle blower to testify on oil spill worst fear:BP deliberately sinks oil with Corexit as cover up

URGENT! BP OIL DISASTER - SEA FLOOR SET TO ERUPT - CATASTROPHE ALERT
YouTube - URGENT! BP OIL DISASTER - SEA FLOOR SET TO ERUPT - CATASTROPHE ALERT

Criminal Investigation of BP Staged Oil Spill Vital
YouTube - Criminal Investigation of BP Staged Oil Spill Vital

BP Oil Disaster More info on methane gas bubble potential explosion evacuations when to leave
GodLikeProductions.com Video - Audio & Image Hosting | BP Oil Disaster More info on methane gas bubble potential explosion evacuations when to leave

Old 07-01-2010, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
One of the videos is from RT, don't trust that at all. Sounds like there *could* be a bubble. Let me know when I'm in real physical danger.

As far as the spill itself goes, it's sad and BP needs to clean up.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:20 PM
They are lying. The little trickle that everyone has been watching on the cams is NOT the main source of oil and gas gushing into the gulf anyway.

When the well initially "blew out", it blew apart the junction between different pipe sizes 1000 ft below the sea floor. BP has admitted this in past news articles.

Oil under pressure follows the "path of least resistance" to get to the surface. The sea floor in the area is made up of well over 1000 ft of mud and sediment and the majority of the oil going into the gulf is not coming from that little trickle that they have had everyone watching on the cams.... that is just left over pressure and the vast majority of the oil and methane and gases are worming their way thru the mud and sediment and emerging thru this crevice, 5-7 miles away from the little dog and pony show that they have had everyone watching, which apparently has grown to over 100ft long and is getting longer and wider all the time due to the sandblasting effect of the stuff spewing thru it. This was reported by the NOAA reasearch vessel Thomas Jefferson. Everything that they have done up to this point has all been a "dog and pony show" to give the public something to watch so that they could be seen to be "doing something to stop the leak" knowing all the while that none of that crap had any chance whatsoever of working. Any resistance that they apply to the little sea floor leak simply makes the volcano that they created, the crevice, spew that much more.

The relief wells have a very slim chance of working but it would take far more than 2 of them. It took 3 to stop the very shallow and very low pressure blowout that happened in 1979. The relief wells have to be slant drilled thru over a mile of drifting water currents and then over a mile of mud, sediment, and rock and hit a 7 inch diameter target (the original well shaft at the depth they want to hit it) which is no small feat. IF by some miracle they manage that, the unprecidented pressure in this well would likely blow out the first several relief wells the same as they did the original, making matters worse in the short term. However, by dividing the pressure among several wells and using relief wells on the relief wells they could eventually get the pressure low enough to be able to cap them all. That is assuming the the original well is not ruptured below the point that they drill in to. If the well is broken in multiple places throughout the 13000 ft shaft, then there is no chance that the relief wells can work.

The nuclear option is an absolute last resort because there is already fracturing of the sea bed in that area that would lead one to believe that there is a high probability that it could not handle the pressure of setting off a subsurface nuke which could make the entire sea bed in the area collapse. We are royally screwed. People don't seem to realize that the doom has been here since April 20. It truly is TEOTWAWKI but is just happening in slow motion. We as a race simply do not have the technology to stop it and the nuke option could make it an abrupt ELE event.

Last edited by FIT410S; 07-16-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Lies, lies, lies and more lies... hey, Mr. President, you don't think the fractured seabed floor should be addressed? What about the huge gashes? What about the impending methane 'holocaust'?

CNN Epic Fail. reports BP oil spill has been stopped as the ground spews

"tears of joy" "hemmoraging has been haltered" "appears to be completely stopped" 7/16/10
here is a video from one of the ROV's CNN is not monitoring right before they were spewing this propaganda BS!

This video recorded seconds before CNN reports spill has been stopped for a couple hours @ 7am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gRsSflskDo

Last edited by FIT410S; 07-16-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
Have you been to the gulf and seen this gash? No. So how can you say the government is lying? You can't. You just scream conspiracy theorist.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:56 PM
I dont deal with theory's, only facts

MSNBC July 15: Matt Simmons still says BP covering up MASSIVE HOLE miles away, cap test is "absurd"
YouTube - MSNBC July 15: Matt Simmons still says BP covering up MASSIVE HOLE miles away, cap test is "absurd"

Interview With Massachusetts Congressman Edward Markey, CNN, July 15 @ 10:18pm EST:

Rush Transcript Excerpts

COOPER: Congressman Markey, on I think it was June 23, you wrote a letter to BP, one of the many letters you've -- you've written to BP, that they haven't really responded to.

This one, you were asking for detailed information about the wellbore, about the -- what they knew about the seafloor, about the status of it. That information is obviously crucially important now. Have they -- and, yesterday, you were saying, look, they haven't responded. Have they responded at all over the last 24 hours?

MARKEY: They have not responded.

And, again, I wrote back there on June 23, so that we could publicly disclose what the integrity of the wellbore is, we could publicly disclose what the integrity of the geology around the wellbore, so that we could better understand. ...

Can it withstand that extra pressure, as the oil is now backed up? Can the soil, can the rock, can the sediment around the well withstand the additional pressure?

The rock formation around this well [may]actually now spring leaks and make the problem even worse than it is now.

Markey all but confirms that the government has knowledge of the condition of the wellbore, but is not permitted to release the information publicly.

Markey's wrote the June 23 letter to pressure BP to publicly disclose the problems with the wellbore. This would have allowed the information to be released without Markey doing it directly.

However, the questions raised in his letter serves to inform the public about what Congress does know about the condition of the well, without directly stating the information as fact.

The letter was excerpted in a June 30 report on this website, Congressman suspects BP tapped multiple oil reservoirs while drilling the Macondo Well; Oil may also be rushing IN to damaged casing:

The Chairman of the Energy and Environment Subcommittee Rep. Ed Markey is now questioning not only if oil and gas are seeping out of the damaged casing into the seabed and surrounding rock, but whether oil and gas may be rushing IN to the casing after BP drilled into oil formations above the target reservoir.

Letter: Chairman Asks About Well Integrity, Design of Relief Wells, Timeframe, Sea Floor Leaks, Energy and Environment Subcommittee:

Are there significant deposits of oil and gas in formations above the target reservoir?

Please provide an estimate of the total amount of oil and gas that is contained in i) the Macondo well target formation and ii) each formation above the target formation that could leak hydrocarbons into the annulus as a result of poor cementing, damage caused by the initial explosion(s), or the failed Top Kill effort.

Questions on other potential hydrocarbon reservoirs in the well. ...

Please provide documents related to the possibility that the initial drilling encountered leakage from other formations above the target reservoir...

A May 23, 2010 article... in the Orlando Sentinel stated that well records indicate that in late February, there was a loss in drilling mud pressure. According to the article, this could mean that the mud fractured layers of sand or shale in the formation and vanished. The article goes on to state that in early March, the pressure of the oil and gas encountered overwhelmed the pressure of the drilling mud. In mid-April, a loss of drilling mud was reportedly again experienced. Do any or all of these events indicate that oil and gas could be flowing from somewhere other than the target reservoir? If so, please explain fully, and if not, why not?

Thank you very much for your attention to this important matter. Please provide your response no later than Friday July 2, 2010. If you have any questions or concerns, please have your staff contact Dr. Michal Freedhoff of the Energy and Environment Subcommittee staff at 202-225-2836.

Sincerely,

Edward J. Markey
Chairman
Energy and Environment Subcommittee

cc: Honorable Henry Waxman, Chairman
Honorable Joe Barton, Ranking Member
Honorable Fred Upton, Ranking Member

Last edited by FIT410S; 07-16-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Oil Expert Cavnar: “They know this well can’t be shut in for a long period of time” (VIDEO)
Rush Transcript Excerpts

CAVNAR: I think they said 8,000 or 9,000 pounds which concerns me about the wellhead they talked about yesterday. If it levels off at a lower pressure, they’ve got a leak down below. If it goes up and then breaks down, then they’ve caused some damage. That’s what they’re going to be looking for.

MSNBC: What do they do in either eventuality? How does this turn up?

CAVNAR: They’ve got to open it up and get this oil flowing back to the surface through the risers that have been set in place so it doesn’t leak underground blowout farther down or possibly pot surface in some of this upper damage. …

MSNBC: As we mentioned, admiral allen says it remains likely they’ll resume containment using the cap. Is there a way to read anything into that or is he hedging his bets?

CAVNAR: What i read into that is they know this well can’t be shut in for a long period of time. Plus, they don’t want this well to be shut in while they’re trying to complete that relief well that’s just a few feet away. That creates bottom hole pressure that’s difficult to kill once they get there.

MSNBC: Is it any clearer to you today than yesterday about why this sequence occurred in the way it has? The tests and the suspension initially of the tests and the resumption, and the tests were going to be six-hour intervals and then shut off? It sounded more than ? a little ad-hoc.

CAVNAR: It’s clearly been on the fly. there’s a lot more discussion behind the scenes obviously with the government and bp team than what they’re disclosing to the public. What i’ve learned in this whole experience, if you get a long on period of silence, something’s going on. I think that’s a lot of what happened today. Plus, they’ve had the leaks in the stack they’ve had to fix.

MSNBC: Bob Cavnar, thank you.
YouTube - Oil Expert Cavnar: "They know this well can't be shut in for a long period of time"

Old 07-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Gulf Drinking Water Contaminated by Dispersants
YouTube - Gulf Drinking Water Contaminated by Dispersants

MSNBC: "Scientists starting to voice concerns about methane being at levels that will kill millions"
YouTube - MSNBC: "Scientists starting to voice concerns about methane being at levels that will kill millions"

Old 07-16-2010, 05:08 PM
MSNBC July 15: Matt Simmons still says BP covering up MASSIVE HOLE miles away, cap test is "absurd"
YouTube - MSNBC July 15: Matt Simmons still says BP covering up MASSIVE HOLE miles away, cap test is "absurd"

Old 07-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Some serious mysteries and unanswered questions
are arising from the BP oil spill.

The strange thing is that not only are they not
being addressed in the mainstream news, they're
also not being raised by the so-called conspiracy
press.

Video:

Safe, effective solutions ignored

Three great unsolved mysteries of the BP oil spill:

1. Why is BP and the Coast Guard (who claim to be in charge) NOT catching the oil when it is out to see and apparently letting it come to shore instead?

2. Why are they ignoring safe, proven methods of catching the oil which would allow it to be sold?

3. Why are they spraying hundreds of thousands of gallons of the extremely hazardous material Corexit which only "solves" the problem cosmetically?

You would almost think that:

1. They want the oil to be wasted and not recovered

2. They want the oil to hit beaches and create hysteria

3. They want to create a highly toxic environment in the spill area and beyond

I tend to watch what people do, not what they say,

Old 07-18-2010, 09:07 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
man, i swear, you are wayyyyy too into conspiracy theories. give it a rest and post something useful to this AUTOMOTIVE community.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:35 PM
I only deal in facts, no conspiracy theories

This country was founded on questioning authority. Thomas Jefferson once said, A true Patriot questions authority.

If we allow them to plunder us without question, then we are just suckers

Think For Yourself
YouTube - Think For Yourself

Teaching kids to second-guess everything they read isn’t easy—in fact, it’s downright controversial. After all, our educational culture promotes sitting back and soaking up information. Sure, it’s easier to continue thinking that teaching is just about kids, books, and skills. But it’s a lot more than that—it’s about teaching them to be analytical thinkers. It’s our duty to teach kids to ask serious questions about the authority of the words they read. Our schools need to teach that being skeptical of the curriculum is acceptable. In fact, it’s the only way to arrive at a balanced view of the world and other cultures. Most importantly, as part of a democracy, students need to learn to take action and speak up in polite but assertive ways to redress past injustices. Taking action can involve banning soda from their diet after watching a particular advertisement or increasing public awareness about a matter of interest through flyers, posters, blogs, and speaking at public events. Sending postcards, letters, and petitions to people in positions of power can lead to changes in domestic laws and foreign policy on issues ranging from the environment to our involvement in the war in Iraq

Last edited by FIT410S; 07-18-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:39 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
thomas jefferson also said "hey lets go bone some slaves and exploit all of the immigrants" whats your point? also, you rarely state facts. thinking for yourself shouldnt entail watching a shitload of youtube videos, it should be analyzing situations and coming to your own conclusions- something you rarely do.

out of curiosity, whats your level of education?

Old 07-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Ad Hominem attacks instead of having an opinion about the subject of the thread. Nice

I officially will never respond to you again. I will let you have all the last words you want

Old 07-18-2010, 10:35 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
way to dodge my question about your education level.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:37 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
stop spamming up the site.