Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Pacquiao vs Mosley 05/07/11

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Pacquiao vs Mosley 05/07/11

So who's going??? I just got my tix to see it live in Vegas

My money's on Pacquiao... how 'bout yours?

Old 02-21-2011, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
Pacquiao, of course. Not to take anything away from Shane, as he's been the last person to have really hurt Mayweather in a while, plus he still has speed and strength, but obviously his stamina is affected at this point in his career. Unless he gets some miracle KO-caliber punch in the first few rounds, Manny will dance around him, beat him to the punch and pound him into the ground. I just hope he hands him a KO to one-up Floyd again.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:16 PM
oh snap... they here!!!

Old 03-01-2011, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
You're going to the fight from Illinois? Damn, that's love.

I can't remember, but does Shane still have a welterweight belt? He had one going against Mayweather, but the title wasn't on the line.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:48 PM
I don't think a title is on the line on this one. I love Pacquiao (no homo lol) and makes an effort to see it live when in Vegas... I play no limit holdem cash games and mini tourney

Old 03-01-2011, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Mosely is past his prime. Pacquiao will take this easy. But hey land the right punch and your opponent is asleep. So you never know. Nice work with the tickets! Have fun at the fight!

I'll be watching from home.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe Pacquiao's welterweight title (which he won from Cotto) is on the line then. Since Mayweather is being a bitch, this is what I'd like to see:

* Marquez officially leaves Golden Boy
* Cotto beats Mayorga
* Pacquiao beats Mosley
* Cotto/Margarito II at 154
* Pacquiao/Marquez III at 147

Recent boxing news is stating that Marquez might be considering the winner of Morales/Maidana, but that would be counterproductive if he wants to fight Pacquiao since it wouldn't be until 2012. Granted he hasn't proven himself above 135 (which was one of Arum's arguments against him), the fact that he won't have any ties to Golden Boy will definitely make him more appealing to Arum even if he still wouldn't have fought above 135 outside of the Mayweather fight.

Originally Posted by FITrunner
Mosely is past his prime. Pacquiao will take this easy. But hey land the right punch and your opponent is asleep. So you never know. Nice work with the tickets! Have fun at the fight!

I'll be watching from home.
Mosley was past his prime against Mayorga and Margarito too... and he put them on their asses. But I agree, he is going to get worked differently than how Mayweather worked him.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:32 PM
If it was in Dallas... I would only watch it on PPV.

What I'd like to see is a rematch of Cotto and Pacquiao with Cotto in a better camp.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
For Pacquiao/Cotto II to happen, Cotto will have to earn it again. It'll take more than beating Mayorga. Even his win against Foreman was weaksauce. If he can KO Margarito inside eight rounds, then I'd consider watching it. Remember how before the Pacquiao-Margarito fight was official, people were rolling their eyes at another match against Cotto, even though he held a junior middleweight title?

Or maybe Cotto should come back down to welterweight (which I'd assume he should be able to do) and fight Berto. Then the winner of that could be an option for Pacquiao.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
Quick update... I just read that Zab Judah (who is still fighting at junior welterweight) has voiced interest in taking on Marquez as his next opponent. Even though Judah did get beat by guys who Pacquiao took down pretty easily (particularly Cotto and Clottey), I think that IF Marquez can beat him, it'd prove he can survive at larger weights without having to jump up two weight divisions all at once again and perhaps get the nod for a third Pacquiao fight. Judah's no slouch... slip or no slip, he DID knock Mayweather down. (Mosley would've had a knockdown too if Mayweather didn't latch onto Mosley's arm after the punch connected.)

Old 03-08-2011, 08:01 PM
if Marquez wins then it would be a big possibility
that round two (or was that 3) of Mosely vs Mayweather where Floyd almost went down (which he would have) was PPV well spent. Very reason why Floyd won't get in the ring with Pacquaio

Old 03-08-2011, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
if Marquez wins then it would be a big possibility
Absolutely. I don't know why the matchup never crossed my mind before. Judah's not built too big (unlike Berto, who Arum had been suggesting for Marquez to fight before greenlighting Pacquiao-Marquez III to prove he can hang with bigger guys who Pacquiao basically beats down) and is a pretty quick southpaw. If Marquez (again a big IF) wins by either UD or KO/TKO, then I don't see any other fight that would be better, assuming Mayweather still only fights Pacquiao through Twitter. The hype around it is big enough, and if he beats Judah, that would make it even better. It would help the legitimacy of the fight happening.

Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
that round two (or was that 3) of Mosely vs Mayweather where Floyd almost went down (which he would have) was PPV well spent. Very reason why Floyd won't get in the ring with Pacquaio
I think it was round two... I was in Vegas that weekend, and that's how I remembered it, despite the copious amounts of alcohol in my system at the time. Watching the fight again (as the HBO highlights of it show it from a few different angles) show the first solid hit that I talked about where Mayweather grabbed Mosley's arm so he wouldn't fall down while preventing Mosley from punching with it, then the second good hit had his legs get all wobbly. I remember watching it and noticing that Mayweather wasn't doing his normal stance (left hand down, right hand cocked back next to his face, ready to do that shoulder roll or whatever they call it) and had both hands blocking his face since he was clearly worried that round.

Pacquiao would've finished Mayweather off had he been in that same situation, as Mosley was running on E after that round. Even halfway through the round where he was giving Mayweather the most trouble, you could already see he was getting tired. He was wasting a lot of energy with unnecessary upper body movement. I think there was even a round where he didn't land a single punch.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
The fight is almost here... Manny's training camp seems to be going flawlessly, especially compared to his past three. Any more thoughts?

Old 05-05-2011, 11:11 AM
been very busy lately and havent picked up anything on the fight but I'm flying to Vegas tomorrow woot

Old 05-07-2011, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
Pac-Man will do it again.Enjoy the fight.I think he will win in round #7 .....

Old 05-10-2011, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
So what did you guys think of the fight? Some people viewed it as disappointing, but obviously Mosley was just trying to survive and not get KO'd (which most people were expecting to happen), though Manny at least got to knock him down. It was funny to see how Mosley reacted once he hit the mat and kind of sprawled around... kind of like when you have a dream that you're falling and then you wake up when you hit the ground.

Anyway, since Mayweather obviously isn't going to fight him for whatever reason, it looks like Pacquiao-Marquez III is next, assuming Marquez accepts it. I think he's getting an offer similar to Mosley's ($5 million guarantee), and while this is the fight he wants, I know he's just trying to make sure that it won't cause too many problems with Golden Boy, especially since he'd basically have to hold off on renewing his contract with them if he wanted to accept the fight. Arum was also mentioning that if Marquez didn't accept that possible opponents would be Judah (which is dumb since he had already been beaten by Cotto and Clottey, both guys who Manny had already beat, and also by Mayweather) and Bradley (which is intriguing but I just don't see him being competitive with Manny, as Amir Khan is already trying to fight him, though it would be nice to get some fresh competition in there), though I was surprised to not hear any peep about Martinez (who is too big but it would definitely be a dangerous fight because of that).

And then of course the rumors are already circulating about Mayweather taking on Ortiz. It's another so-so fight where the outcome is probably going to be obvious, but like a potential Pacquiao-Bradley fight, it'll be nice to see someone new thrown in the mix. It'll also be a great opportunity for Ortiz, whether he wins or loses. And who knows, maybe he'll pull an upset like he did with Berto... which would be crazy but I would welcome it. I just hope Mayweather remembers to ask Ortiz to take blood tests too so he can at least pretend to care about wanting to clean up boxing. But seriously, how many fucking tune-ups does Mayweather need?

Old 05-11-2011, 12:58 PM
it was boring... there was too much lovin in the ring. thank god for that 3rd knock down and 10th round so called "knock down" I get to enjoy three rounds of quality boxing BUT I was expecting more :/ Pacquiao looked sluggish and Mosley wasnt throwing his right... I was disappointed.

November would be the fight to watch... Pacquiao Vs. Margarito

Old 05-11-2011, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
You mean Marquez?

Old 05-11-2011, 02:07 PM
LOL silly me... Marquez I mean... it's happening on Nov.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
round 1 was typical, both boxers coming out to gauge each other and find their rhythm. round 2 got a little more aggressive as both pac' and mos' were throwing more power punches. round 3 killed the rest of the fight, when manny knocked shane down it was obvious he was afraid to get hit again... the rest of the fight was a yawn but the dancing toward the later rounds was funny.

i don't blame shane for his performance, i bet it hurt to catch that left between your jaw/neck/ear lol.. his legs were jello for the rest of that round and the beginning of the 4th. manny wasn't so great that night either. i'm not used to watching him attack in a straight line... maybe he knew he could win without combinations from different angles? i don't know but deez' was right, there was too much love in that ring

Quick Reply: Pacquiao vs Mosley 05/07/11