Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Where'd everyone go?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Where'd everyone go?

OK...I guess I'm a perfect example of what has happened. I took over a year off from FF only because of personal stuff, but where did everyone else go? This used to be a very active Site and I would think most people still have their Fit's. Is everyone just done with the novelty of Fit ownership? Did everyone move on? Basically...where did everyone go?

Old 10-22-2011, 01:07 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Hey we are still here but it is true the site is not as active as it use to be. I have been on and off here for a while as my sister was ill and passed away in March. I still have my MR Fit and have finished up showing it this year with a total of 20 trophies. It is officially retired from car showing and now I will start saving for the next Honda project. We have several new Fit Freakers here now but I think the iconic members have pretty much disappeared all but for a few. My Fit turns 5 in May 2012 with only 25,000 miles on it - I hope it is on the road for several more years.

Hope things are better in your world!

Old 10-22-2011, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
Judging by the past years' activity with people selling GD3 parts, I think many have moved on. I've not been as active lately because I've been busy with work, but along the way, I'm growing more deeply in love with my Fit, and should my hard work pan out and net some results, I will gladly throw money at it to actually make it perform (or get a companion car that does.)

The GE8 scene has sloped off considerably too, but I have faith in the Fit's long term appeal. The styling is going to be fresh for a long time. I still don't think any other subcompacts hold a candle to it since it came out.

There will always be people who need the economy combined with the space, and there are enthusiasts on here that would/could be driving something else, but to get the light weight combined with the cargo area (and reliability, resale, etc.) is a complete win for the Fit.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
Most of us OG members have sold, wrecked or parted out our cars, I finally picked up a Fit this past summer, so I actually have a reason to be here now lol.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
Glad to see some of you still here

I think there will be a re-surgence of activity once GD's become a little cheaper in the used market and younger people start picking them up and wanting to modify them.

As for ours, I hope to own it for a long time. We've done about all of the basic comfort and cosmetic stuff we wanted. Just waiting till it's paid off to get more serious with it. I see a K swap in it's future

I think I'm going to start a thread to summarize what the last 3 1/2 years of Fit ownership has been like.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Do it! I remember you from my original presence here. And I totally agree, once the Fit hits 5-7k resale value....the GD section will be filled with people modding the car again.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
I really don't see how gas prices are going to go down over the next few years, so it will be a very 'fitting' package for a lot of people in our doomed economy.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden
I really don't see how gas prices are going to go down over the next few years, so it will be a very 'fitting' package for a lot of people in our doomed economy.
Gas prices are likely to stay where they are or increase and the average US worker has seen a decrease in pay combined with an increase in living expenses. On the bright side, our Fits will become more in demand