Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussion (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Drinking it away (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/off-topic-discussion/69502-drinking-away.html)

FitStir 01-07-2012 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by GAFIT (Post 1062171)
He grew up as an orphan in the depression so he valued the family he made more than anything. I will do my best to live up to his legacy.

Except for the orphan part that sounds just like my grandfather as well. He was very proud of the family he created, and loved everyone beyond belief, you could see the joy in his eyes. Pass those values he taught you on to the next generation.

2012FitFan 01-07-2012 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by GAFIT (Post 1062171)
Mike and 2012, thanks for your condolences. I will hang in there and I will continue to remember the good times.

My grandfather was like a father since he always lived nearby and was available while my dad worked crazy hours. He helped me assemble my first bicycle and was always there with a helpful hand. He grew up as an orphan in the depression so he valued the family he made more than anything. I will do my best to live up to his legacy.

Judging by your posts, he left a great legacy and a piece of him will carry on in you. Cherish those memories of him.

blassty 01-07-2012 04:43 AM

Celebrate grandpa's life and he will live forever. My condolences to you and your family. I'm 40 now but my own grandpa died in '76 so I never knew the man. All I get are glimpses of him through old photos from the 50's. If I can say anything to him I would just like to thank him for keeping my father, my grandma and my aunts and uncles safe during the Japanese occupation of Manila in the early to mid 40's. Ah now I'm just rambling. Here's to great grandparents!

Krimson_Cardnal 01-07-2012 12:14 PM

Mourning and sadness are all part of the path to the joy of remembrance and the celebration of our own lives. Let it flow, his values are instilled in you and those you love. Grand dad lives on.

afreespirit 01-07-2012 03:13 PM

"Grief is the price of love". Sincere condolences...

sooznd 01-07-2012 05:13 PM

GAfit
So sorry to hear about your granddad. He was a wise man and left you a great legacy with many beautiful memories to keep and share. Dulling the pain of loss for a while is a healthy way to transition to the reality of his absence.
I lost my mom in June & my sadness comes over times when I think of simple things we did together like shopping at Kmart or going out to eat.

GAFIT 01-07-2012 06:30 PM

Thank you to all. I know my pain is not unique and that helps me realize it is possible to overcome. He was certainly not the first relative I have lost and won't be the last. It just sucks everytime.

My 15 month old son does a good job of re-centering me. He woke WIDE AWAKE at 5 AM this morning. We snuggled on the couch so I could sleep a little bit longer.

Krimson_Cardnal 01-07-2012 08:04 PM

^^^They're you go - the future!!!^^^

vinnymac 01-08-2012 01:03 AM

Hang in there man! I'm sure that would make Grampa more happier than anything else. Don't worry you'll get to see him again!
I'm gonna mention something that I don't know if anyone has yet, if so then I'm going to anyway.... ''GOD'' If you haven't yet, then it's time to have a talk with him..... You will have all of your questions and prayers answered.... He will show you the light at the end of that dark tunnel.:wavey:
Peace!