Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

STATS questions??? Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
STATS questions??? Help

Working on a last minute homework and I am stuck here. Anybody can help me out here? I got class in 2 hours

1) A school club consists of 30 male students and 15 female students. if 3 students are selected to represent the club in the student goverment, what is the probability 1 will be male and 2 will be female?

2) If a set of data has mean 24 and variance 36 then it's coefficient of variation is

3) A probability experiment has two steps. There are two possible results for the first step, call them "A" and "B". If the result for the first step was "A", then there would be 2 possible results for the second step. If the result for the first step was "B", there there would be 12 possible results for the second step. How many possible outcomes are there for this experiment?

4) A die is rolled 50 times. Find the mean, variance and standard deviation of number of 4s that will be rolled, hence binomial experiment.

5) 30% of teenage consumers receive their spending money from part time jobs. If 6 teenagers are selected at random, find the probability that at least 4 of them will have part time jobs.

Thanks!!!