Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Teenagers are gonna be the Death of me! LOL

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation Teenagers are gonna be the Death of me! LOL

So this thread is just to look aback to a funny story way back when you where in those sideways years.

I was 17 (1977) and my mom had a 1967 Grand Prix Sport 454cid A/T stick in a console (with a fresh rebuilt 454). Man that was a Mussel Car. Had enough torque to pull down a house, and hideaway headlights and slit s for tail lights. Here this was it, same color too! from 55 to 110 was like in milliseconds haha.

So it with about 1 year of drive'n under my belt I thought this car is tame enough, ooops! I took it though an S curve in February and thought I could drift though the second half of the curve and Nailed the gas she took off like a bronco with a family of yellow jackets under it's saddle it was an adrenaline rush till I hit that patch of Black Ice. SNAP! through the farm field ditch on the driver's side and the tractor path on the passenger's side. @ 65mph and 20-30 frozen corn rows later and feeling like I was a dried bean in a food processor. She was still running! but a lot louder, dang! the exhaust was back around the 1st or second corn row. Back out she went to our home what a crunched up sled. Mom tried to get her fixed but the damage was too extensive and wound up in a junk yard. RIP

So do you have a story we'd enjoy.........

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 11-01-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
How about: all through high school I keep telling my dad that the Buick needs better shocks because it's dangerous to drive, dad tells me I just need to not drive like an idiot trying to make it back from my girlfriend's before curfew; I go off to college (no cars allowed first year) and within 3 months dad has taken the car to the dealer for a set of new shocks intended for the Pontiac 6000. Dad says car felt dangerous to drive.

I did drive that car through college, I cannot imagine how I did not kill myself given than I mostly pretended I was driving a Jaguar. With an 85mpg speedo it wasn't too hard to make the needle disappear entirely off the right side of the dash.

Dad sold the car once the rear suspension alignment beam rusted off the car, leaving the suspension unlocated right/left; and the fuel rail started leaking gas that pooled between the V6 heads. Actually "sold" is not the right word; Dad didn't feel right having some unlucky person drive it. Donated it for parts use and a small tax deduction. :P