Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Pacquiao-Marquez IV Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
Pacquiao-Marquez IV Discussion

The fight is around a month away. I think both guys know from their own experience that fights, especially their fourth one, can't be left in the hands of judges. They have to go for a KO.

I know Manny had whatever distractions before with whatever problems, but those seem to have been resolved. Additionally considering the outcome of his last two fights being so controversial, he can't slouch anymore, especially if he still wants to revive the idea of a Mayweather fight, regardless of how unlikely it seems.

Marquez is still in great shape, but he'll be 40 pretty soon. I have a hard time thinking that he's going to be as much of a threat as he was a year ago.

But I see the HBO 24/7 for this fight being even more boring than last time.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
Manny will be on Jimmy Kimmel Live tonight.

I watched the 24/7 episode, they put a spin on it... it didn't talk about whatever they were doing back at home, but they spent a lot of time talking about how competitive and close the fights have been. Of course both Marquez and Nacho claim to have won all three while having been robbed each time with no acknowledgement of the possibility that Manny won them.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:31 PM
I honestly don't think this fight will be close...TKO

Old 11-29-2012, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
I thought that about the last one too, and it ended up being very different.

But this time around, a Manny TKO win is more likely... Marquez has only gotten older and even closer to 40 (if he isn't already), and Manny seems less distracted. But Marquez is bulked up as hell.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Marquez will win the fight this time

Old 11-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Ya, Maquez has bulked up but probably slower as well with age. Pacman is too fast and is going to overwhelm Marquez again

Old 11-29-2012, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^yuppp

Old 11-29-2012, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bosch
Ya, Maquez has bulked up but probably slower as well with age. Pacman is too fast and is going to overwhelm Marquez again
Plus we'll have to see how Marquez can maintain his speed with his increased age and weight.

I just re-watched Pacquiao-Marquez last night since I forgot that it was on my PS3... damn, that was pretty much the last good fight. He was just fucking up Margarito that whole fight.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm a big Pacman fan but for some reasons... 3 fights and Pacquiao still can't figure out Marquez.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
I'm a big Pacman fan but for some reasons... 3 fights and Pacquiao still can't figure out Marquez.
The same can be said for Marquez... He's come the closest to legitimately beating Manny more so than anyone else since Manny's first fight with Morales, but he hasn't won a single fight. Everyone can make arguments for either fighting winning any of the three fights, but Marquez is delusional if he claims to have been robbed THREE times without ever acknowledging that Manny could ever have been the legitimate winner in any of their fights.

I'll say that Manny got lucky with the win last time (not saying that he did or didn't deserve it) since it was so close, as a lot of the people watching it with me weren't so sure about who won (though I was texting a friend round-by-round and I had given more rounds to Manny but not many more). But Marquez also got lucky with Manny having been out of his element that night, and not the more focused Manny who fought anytime within the past three years.

But both guys know that they can't leave it in the hands of the judges... which makes for a potentially action-packed fight. I think Manny's training camp is at a better pace, as each of the past few fights have always talked about it being the "best" training camp while stating that he'd be ready to fight by a certain time, which I personally thought was a little indicative of him peaking too soon. Remember that some of his best beat downs were ones where Freddie Roach was worried about his distractions.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:42 AM
it will be an entertaining fight... Manny has more to prove than Marquez imo tho. if it will turn out to be a close fight like the past then Manny's legacy will forever be scarred with the thought that he is can not beat Marquez convincingly like how he destroyed much bigger opponents.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member
Manny has more to prove if you consider where their careers are, with him being considered as one of the all-time greats and trying to line up a showdown with Floyd. Despite the differences in the circumstances surrounding their fights, Floyd did have a point when he pointed out how easy it was for him to make Marquez look bad. We can't brush that aside since we make similar comparisons between their other common opponents that Floyd beat when Manny rocked the shit out of them (De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto and Mosley).

Marquez has more to prove if you consider the argument he has been trying to make throughout their past three matches -- one that claims he won every time, despite a total of four knockdowns (with him always being the one to go down) and only two of nine judges throughout three fights officially stating that they had him winning.