Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Great read for everyone in the car community

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
Great read for everyone in the car community

Buddy of mine sent me this. Thought it was worth sharing.

Dec. 2013 Honda Tuning Spotlight: THE MISINFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY – SOUTHRNFRESH

Old 12-12-2012, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
Cliffs: Know what you're talking about before you correct/attack someone.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Cliffs: Know what you're talking about before you correct/attack someone.
There was a little bit more to it than that, but true.

For the helping noobs part.

Personally, I always help if I can. Give me an attitude, and I just block and ignore you in the future though. I'm surprised he took the time to correct the idiot after the insults. If it gets to that point, your not worth my time.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Long time no see Jamy, how goes it in CRZ land?

Old 12-12-2012, 02:26 PM
My interwebs hobby is to both correct and return insults at the same time when not doing purely constructive things for members here and elsewhere.

And when I'm wrong, which certainly does happen.. like the MAF/MAS wire discussion where I had a brainfart and fujisawa(i think) called me on it, I'll own it instead of doubling down to save face.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:59 PM
If that article was copy-pasted from Honda Tuning I think their editorial editor needs to be fired, so many errors I kid I kid (kind of)

Forums everywhere are way more dead than they used to be (even as little as 3-4 years ago?). I think the negativity has a lot to do with it. Too much BS not enough content. People scared to post questions with risk of being flamed, I can tell by how some posts start even on here: "excuse my noobness, etc." lol

The import "community", "scene", whatever you want to call it is a shadow of what it used to be. Divided in camps and individuals, close-minded. It's sad really.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Long time no see Jamy, how goes it in CRZ land?
Slowly but surely building her up. A lot smaller than the Fit community but we make do. Trying to save up for the jackson racing supercharger now.

Originally Posted by Wanderer.
The import "community", "scene", whatever you want to call it is a shadow of what it used to be. Divided in camps and individuals, close-minded. It's sad really.
^ So much this.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
An interesting note on the "import scene" is that, used to, there were all kinds of people into tuning. Nowadays you have two camps; the people who are attracted to cars mainly for attention (who are mostly young) and basically automotive professionals who have cars running through their blood and were there before and after the scene.

It's just hugely polarized now. There was a much larger "middle ground" of people who were enjoying this hobby, like people get into photography or something, and most of them were not exactly experts, but not stupid either. About the same level of dedicated mentality as someone who goes through a phase of decorating their house, or doing a remodel. Not experts, but definitely interested. If we don't cultivate their interests, then this whole thing will slow down to a trickle (may be inevitable anyways, as I mention below.)

They also likely have more money than the average die-hard enthusiast, which really irks the pros who had to work their ass off for their parts. Someone will pop up, buy a few grand's worth of aesthetic stuff, and act clueless and want suggestions right off the bat. On their behalf I'd like to suggest that they are probably an expert in some other area of life that they dedicate most of their time to and spend their rewards however they please. It's a difficult area, and one that needs a little give and take to work. Cars are more complicated than, say, cameras, or even computers. Most all of that is plug and play stuff. Cars are mechanical beasts with a physics-based system called earth as their opponent.

Sadly, the automobile as we know it are dying. They will be self driving mobile hangouts and offices soon. All electric. All with electromagnetic damping. All with steer by wire. I mean, what do we even have left to fuck with at that point? It's about to change.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
This is exactly how I felt when I went on hiatus from all car clubs and car forums two years ago. I come back and nothing really has changed.

The car clubs in my country have degenerated into a boring mess of mediocrity and hate. People don't take well to criticism and bitch and moan about "personal attacks" when all you really are doing is pointing out the obvious truth about their mistakes.

The only things keeping me even remotely interested in the local "scene" are trackdays. 90% of the crowd that regularly attends trackday events has zero bad attitude, IMHO. It's the proving ground where show doesn't matter and skill does. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by hayden
Sadly, the automobile as we know it are dying. They will be self driving mobile hangouts and offices soon. All electric. All with electromagnetic damping. All with steer by wire. I mean, what do we even have left to fuck with at that point? It's about to change.
Remember the Olds 442 in Demolition Man? That's going to be me when that happens

I think you're right though

Old 12-12-2012, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
Remember the Olds 442 in Demolition Man? That's going to be me when that happens
I totally remember that! Hahaha!

I'm going to take more of a Dafoe approach from Daybreakers. Couldn't find much on YouTube but he loves that Mustang:

around the 40 seconds in.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by hayden
I'm going to take more of a Dafoe approach from Daybreakers. Couldn't find much on YouTube but he loves that Mustang:

Daybreakers - 6. "Military Vampire" - YouTube

around the 40 seconds in.
He was PISSED lol.

Nice driving @ the end, that's going to be us when the Google cars take over, people who actually know how to drive will be rare

Old 12-12-2012, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
He was PISSED lol.

Nice driving @ the end, that's going to be us when the Google cars take over, people who actually know how to drive will be rare
It's actually a pretty good movie, and Dafoe is by far the best part of the story. He was an auto mechanic/ car guy that got turned into a vampire. His whole story revolves around cars.