Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Ar-15

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
Ar-15

My brother was recently interviewed by CNBC regarding the AR-15. Here's a snippet:

"I am a typical AR-15 owner" America's Gun: #RiseOfAR15 Thursday 10p ET/PT - YouTube

Old 04-25-2013, 07:08 PM
And how many vehicle deaths happen everyday, week, month, year? #BanCars #GolfCartsOnly
Youtube comment, I lol'd

Not sure why this gun is demonized? AFAIK none of the recent shootings have even involved an AR? School shooting was a mini 14?

Old 04-25-2013, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Youtube comment, I lol'd

Not sure why this gun is demonized? AFAIK none of the recent shootings have even involved an AR? School shooting was a mini 14?
The show airs in it's entirety tonight at 10 EST

(And no POTUS's have ever been shot with an AR15 either)

Old 04-26-2013, 02:16 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Youtube comment, I lol'd

If you are talking about the school shooting in Newton Ct. That was a AR-15 clone in the hands of a CRAZY PERSON. The firearm didn't do it a CRAZY PERSON did it.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:21 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by hogwylde
My brother was recently interviewed by CNBC regarding the AR-15. Here's a snippet:

"I am a typical AR-15 owner" America's Gun: #RiseOfAR15 Thursday 10p ET/PT - YouTube

OUTSTANDING interview. Your brother did an awesome job of dispelling the thought that we AR-15 owners are a bunch of crazy people.

Tell him good job.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Kind of pointless if you ask me.

Those that support banning assault riffles are not for it because they believe all ar-15 owners are crazy. It because they believe its too easy for a crazy to get an ar-15.

I'm neutral on this subject myself, but just wanted to play devils advocate.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks to that lady with the purple ar my wife wants mine to trick out in purple and I get to buy another one, happy day

Old 04-27-2013, 12:32 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Schoat333
Kind of pointless if you ask me.

Those that support banning assault riffles are not for it because they believe all ar-15 owners are crazy. It because they believe its too easy for a crazy to get an ar-15.

I'm neutral on this subject myself, but just wanted to play devils advocate.
TOO EASY !!!!!!!! Adam Lanza in Newton KILLED HIS OWN MOTHER TO GET HIS.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator
banning guns to keep them out of the hands of criminals/ crazy people makes about as much sense as making pot illegal so people don't
smoke it

Last edited by MNfit; 04-27-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
banning guns to keep them out of the hands of criminals/ crazy people makes about as much sense as making pot illegal so people don't
smoke it
Agree, criminals will find a way to acquire guns no matter what. They are CRIMINALS.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
People that are in power want your guns, its really that simple. And people that don't know any better and/or people that don't recognize the importance of the 2nd admemdment are being misinformed by the false AR-15 scary gun argument. The AR-15 is exactly the type of rifle that all law abiding citizens should own. Guns are designed to shoot bullets, and the AR-15 platform does the job well. Examine world history and see what happens when most citizens have no weapons. It's a sad story, and our founding fathers were the most wise people on earth and their wisdom is still keeping us safe and free. So far...but as a people we are becoming more stupid and unwise each day because we don't understand the nature of our rights, and we don't understand what our government should and should not do.

Remember, this gun control argument, and statements such as "we must change" by our sick and decietful POTUS is all totally wrong. Rights are not from the government...our rights were expressed by the Dec of Independence as God-given. Thus our Constitution limits the government as to what it can do...not what we (the people) can do. Read the Bill of Rights and you will see that it limits the government as to what it can do, rather than the citizen. In reference to arms, the government shall not infringe...its that simple. There should be no "gun control" debate, and anyone that does not understand that needs to read our founding documents. Gun control is really an attempt at PEOPLE CONTROL. Don't be fooled. Even if you don't like guns, or don't want to have any in your home, you need to support our God-given rights to self-defense...and that includes defending ourselves against our own power hungry government.

By the way, your bother did a great job. People unfamiliar with guns usually haven’t a clue when it comes to why the AR platform is popular among shooters. And AR does NOT stand for assault rifle.

http://publiushuldah.wordpress.com/c...2nd-amendment/

Last edited by Spacecoast; 04-27-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Spacecoast
People that are in power want your guns, its really that simple. And people that don't know any better and/or people that don't recognize the importance of the 2nd admemdment are being misinformed by the false AR-15 scary gun argument. The AR-15 is exactly the type of rifle that all law abiding citizens should own. Guns are designed to shoot bullets, and the AR-15 platform does the job well. Examine world history and see what happens when most citizens have no weapons. It's a sad story, and our founding fathers were the most wise people on earth and their wisdom is still keeping us safe and free. So far...but as a people we are becoming more stupid and unwise each day because we don't understand the nature of our rights, and we don't understand what our government should and should not do.

Remember, this gun control argument, and statements such as "we must change" by our sick and decietful POTUS is all totally wrong. Rights are not from the government...our rights were expressed by the Dec of Independence as God-given. Thus our Constitution limits the government as to what it can do...not what we (the people) can do. Read the Bill of Rights and you will see that it limits the government as to what it can do, rather than the citizen. In reference to arms, the government shall not infringe...its that simple. There should be no "gun control" debate, and anyone that does not understand that needs to read our founding documents. Gun control is really an attempt at PEOPLE CONTROL. Don't be fooled. Even if you don't like guns, or don't want to have any in your home, you need to support our God-given rights to self-defense...and that includes defending ourselves against our own power hungry government.

http://publiushuldah.wordpress.com/c...2nd-amendment/
Straw man man fallacy, red hearing fallacy, missing the point fallacy, unqualified authority fallacy, appeal to ignorance fallacy... But I see what your getting at.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by loudbang
OUTSTANDING interview. Your brother did an awesome job of dispelling the thought that we AR-15 owners are a bunch of crazy people.

Tell him good job.
And agreed, people are getting caught up in the tool used, not the maniac that wielded it to do terrible things. Props to your brother, he did a good job showing its not the guns fault, most gun owners are just normal civilians with no intentions of doing harm.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Straw man man fallacy, red hearing fallacy, missing the point fallacy, unqualified authority fallacy, appeal to ignorance fallacy... But I see what your getting at.
Gee thanks...see you at the range.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Im a soldier and I dont feel strongly either way (maybe because no one is gonna take my M249) but I think we as Americans messed up by letting Bush/ THe government pass laws that infringe upon our other constitutional rights but the second they say something about guns everyone gets all crazy. Where was everyone when we as a country decided that we have to single handedly police the world? I know what it feels like to be the kid watching his dad board a plane every 12-15months to go down range and get shot at while I stay home and watch the death count on CNN everyday. Where were you then America?

Old 04-27-2013, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
The problem is not the typical gun owner. They should interview the non-typical ones.

My own preference is to tax the shit out of bullets. Sure, keep guns legal. $8 tax per round. Why is this a good idea, you might ask? Because that way people that want to own a gun for self defence can pony up for $80 in bullets and keep them in the safe .. not really that expensive. Someone who wants to buy 500 rounds isn't interested in potential self-defense. They are in it for entertainment or more nefarious purposes.

The whole "ban guns" thing is a dumb debate; sure you could ban certain ones, but it's a constitutional right to allow posession of at least some. (Of course, at some point it's semantics. Are bazookas OK? I think they generally are legal. Sarin-gas containers? 1970s era tactical nuclear mortars? You see where I'm going. These are all "arms" but you don't have the right to bear them currently, and personally, I'm OK with that).

Let's not forget that the "right to bear arms" is for the (very legitimate!) purpose of preventing the people from living in fear of the government. It's not to enable firearms-based entertainment.

But if that were your concern, I'd also be OK with that $8/round tax not being applied for rounds provided for use within a gun range.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Spacecoast
Gee thanks...see you at the range.
Lol that kind of talk doesn't help portray us gun advocates as reasonable or rationale now does it? Relax, just saying I get your concern, just the premises are not supporting your conclusion.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:13 PM
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 04-27-2013, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."

- Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-27-2013, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
I get your concern, just the premises are not supporting your conclusion.
Then you might want to re-read my post again, because what I said is true. If you don't think the ultimate goal of the government is to disarm the American people, then you need to do some serious thinking.

Quick Reply: Ar-15