Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Why aren't my reply showing

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 03:26 PM
Why aren't my reply showing

I made a post finding a part and another fit user was asking where I got it, But when replying or quote replying it won't show up? Why is that im new
THX!

Old 07-11-2018, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
If you are expecting that they will show up on the "New Posts" section immediately after you send it, apparently they don't. Mine not only don't show up for a few hours, but the actual thread is not visible to me during that same timeframe. Is that what is happening to you?....the Twilight Zone delay?

Old 07-11-2018, 05:59 PM
yes thats whats happening to me.

Originally Posted by BurntZ
If you are expecting that they will show up on the "New Posts" section immediately after you send it, apparently they don't. Mine not only don't show up for a few hours, but the actual thread is not visible to me during that same timeframe. Is that what is happening to you?....the Twilight Zone delay?
Its the next day since I replied to a post, I started still nothing is showing.

Weird I just replied to you and now its showing?
When I tried replying on my other post in 1st gen talk its not showing?

Last edited by GD3 GeGe~; 07-11-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3 GeGe~
I made a post finding a part and another fit user was asking where I got it, But when replying or quote replying it won't show up? Why is that im new
THX!
I'm a moderator on another forum that's also run by IB, I'm kinda familiar with how some of this works.

You're a new user with a very low post count. The forums are set up to "ghost" some posts on new users if something like certain key words or links are used in the post, or certain IP addresses might trigger it.

The post then requires moderator or administrator approval to become visible to the public.

One issue I know (from the other forum) is the moderators aren't really made aware that a new user had this happen, mods would have to manually search for the post or accidentally stumble across the post.

A brand new ghosted thread is usually a bit easier for a mod to notice, but a ghosted post inside a public thread is not.

It's all an effort to keep spammers off the forum.

(It doesn't stop spammers from sending you private messages though...I got another one today wanting me to try out and review some rinkydink code reader)

If you can figure out who the moderators are here in this forum, you could send a PM requesting they check your moderated post(s)

HTH

Old 07-11-2018, 07:51 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by ezone
I'm a moderator on another forum that's also run by IB, I'm kinda familiar with how some of this works.

You're a new user with a very low post count. The forums are set up to "ghost" some posts on new users if something like certain key words or links are used in the post, or certain IP addresses might trigger it.

The post then requires moderator or administrator approval to become visible to the public.

One issue I know (from the other forum) is the moderators aren't really made aware that a new user had this happen, mods would have to manually search for the post or accidentally stumble across the post.

A brand new ghosted thread is usually a bit easier for a mod to notice, but a ghosted post inside a public thread is not.

(It doesn't stop spammers from sending you private messages though...I got another one today wanting me to try out and review some rinkydink code reader)

If you can figure out who the moderators are here in this forum, you could send a PM requesting they check your moderated post(s)

HTH
OK great thank you for letting me know. This will help me a lot.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

HTH
This. It seems I'm the only one who looks for posts to be approved. So unapproved posts have to wait until i get to my PC.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
This. It seems I'm the only one who looks for posts to be approved. So unapproved posts have to wait until i get to my PC.

Username: Topdon_Patrick

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/member.php?u=87898

Hey, this is a link to the profile that was spamming via PM today. Please perma ban.
Same user name was sending the exact same messages to members on our other forum and was banned this morning.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator
thanks for the tip

Old 07-11-2018, 09:36 PM
Ah ok thank you for looking at what post needs to be approved. If you happen to see my post that needs approving, Im not a spammer I thought my reply was able to post or had a issue so I tried posting the same thing 3-4 times, sorry won't happen again now that I know what going on.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by GD3 GeGe~
Ah ok thank you for looking at what post needs to be approved. If you happen to see my post that needs approving, Im not a spammer I thought my reply was able to post or had a issue so I tried posting the same thing 3-4 times, sorry won't happen again now that I know what going on.
it's been taken care of. enjoy!

Old 07-11-2018, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the tip
I can forward you a copy of the spam PM if you want it, or C&P the text here

Old 07-11-2018, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator
I can forward you a copy of the spam PM if you want it, or C&P the text here
s'all good. i believe u.