Why aren't my reply showing - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Why aren't my reply showing

Reply

 
 
 
  #1  
Old 07-11-2018, 04:26 PM
GD3 GeGe~'s Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 32
Why aren't my reply showing

I made a post finding a part and another fit user was asking where I got it, But when replying or quote replying it won't show up? Why is that im new
THX!
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-11-2018, 06:55 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 546
If you are expecting that they will show up on the "New Posts" section immediately after you send it, apparently they don't. Mine not only don't show up for a few hours, but the actual thread is not visible to me during that same timeframe. Is that what is happening to you?....the Twilight Zone delay?
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-11-2018, 06:59 PM
GD3 GeGe~'s Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 32
yes thats whats happening to me.

Originally Posted by BurntZ View Post
If you are expecting that they will show up on the "New Posts" section immediately after you send it, apparently they don't. Mine not only don't show up for a few hours, but the actual thread is not visible to me during that same timeframe. Is that what is happening to you?....the Twilight Zone delay?
Its the next day since I replied to a post, I started still nothing is showing.

Weird I just replied to you and now its showing?
When I tried replying on my other post in 1st gen talk its not showing?
 

Last edited by GD3 GeGe~; 07-11-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-11-2018, 08:10 PM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Digging in your fridge
Posts: 1,064
Originally Posted by GD3 GeGe~ View Post
I made a post finding a part and another fit user was asking where I got it, But when replying or quote replying it won't show up? Why is that im new
THX!
I'm a moderator on another forum that's also run by IB, I'm kinda familiar with how some of this works.

You're a new user with a very low post count. The forums are set up to "ghost" some posts on new users if something like certain key words or links are used in the post, or certain IP addresses might trigger it.

The post then requires moderator or administrator approval to become visible to the public.

One issue I know (from the other forum) is the moderators aren't really made aware that a new user had this happen, mods would have to manually search for the post or accidentally stumble across the post.

A brand new ghosted thread is usually a bit easier for a mod to notice, but a ghosted post inside a public thread is not.

It's all an effort to keep spammers off the forum.

(It doesn't stop spammers from sending you private messages though...I got another one today wanting me to try out and review some rinkydink code reader)



If you can figure out who the moderators are here in this forum, you could send a PM requesting they check your moderated post(s)

HTH
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-11-2018, 08:51 PM
GD3 GeGe~'s Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 32
Smile

Originally Posted by ezone View Post
I'm a moderator on another forum that's also run by IB, I'm kinda familiar with how some of this works.

You're a new user with a very low post count. The forums are set up to "ghost" some posts on new users if something like certain key words or links are used in the post, or certain IP addresses might trigger it.

The post then requires moderator or administrator approval to become visible to the public.

One issue I know (from the other forum) is the moderators aren't really made aware that a new user had this happen, mods would have to manually search for the post or accidentally stumble across the post.

A brand new ghosted thread is usually a bit easier for a mod to notice, but a ghosted post inside a public thread is not.

It's all an effort to keep spammers off the forum.

(It doesn't stop spammers from sending you private messages though...I got another one today wanting me to try out and review some rinkydink code reader)



If you can figure out who the moderators are here in this forum, you could send a PM requesting they check your moderated post(s)

HTH
OK great thank you for letting me know. This will help me a lot.
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-11-2018, 10:21 PM
xxryu139xx's Avatar
Super Moderator
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Union, NJ
Posts: 3,325
Originally Posted by ezone View Post
I'm a moderator on another forum that's also run by IB, I'm kinda familiar with how some of this works.

You're a new user with a very low post count. The forums are set up to "ghost" some posts on new users if something like certain key words or links are used in the post, or certain IP addresses might trigger it.

The post then requires moderator or administrator approval to become visible to the public.

One issue I know (from the other forum) is the moderators aren't really made aware that a new user had this happen, mods would have to manually search for the post or accidentally stumble across the post.

A brand new ghosted thread is usually a bit easier for a mod to notice, but a ghosted post inside a public thread is not.

It's all an effort to keep spammers off the forum.

(It doesn't stop spammers from sending you private messages though...I got another one today wanting me to try out and review some rinkydink code reader)



If you can figure out who the moderators are here in this forum, you could send a PM requesting they check your moderated post(s)

HTH
This. It seems I'm the only one who looks for posts to be approved. So unapproved posts have to wait until i get to my PC.
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-11-2018, 10:30 PM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Digging in your fridge
Posts: 1,064
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx View Post
This. It seems I'm the only one who looks for posts to be approved. So unapproved posts have to wait until i get to my PC.

Username: Topdon_Patrick
Location: China

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/member.php?u=87898

Hey, this is a link to the profile that was spamming via PM today. Please perma ban.
Same user name was sending the exact same messages to members on our other forum and was banned this morning.
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-11-2018, 10:34 PM
xxryu139xx's Avatar
Super Moderator
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Union, NJ
Posts: 3,325
thanks for the tip
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-11-2018, 10:36 PM
GD3 GeGe~'s Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 32
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx View Post
This. It seems I'm the only one who looks for posts to be approved. So unapproved posts have to wait until i get to my PC.
Ah ok thank you for looking at what post needs to be approved. If you happen to see my post that needs approving, Im not a spammer I thought my reply was able to post or had a issue so I tried posting the same thing 3-4 times, sorry won't happen again now that I know what going on.
 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-11-2018, 10:41 PM
xxryu139xx's Avatar
Super Moderator
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Union, NJ
Posts: 3,325
Originally Posted by GD3 GeGe~ View Post
Ah ok thank you for looking at what post needs to be approved. If you happen to see my post that needs approving, Im not a spammer I thought my reply was able to post or had a issue so I tried posting the same thing 3-4 times, sorry won't happen again now that I know what going on.
it's been taken care of. enjoy!
 
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-11-2018, 10:41 PM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Digging in your fridge
Posts: 1,064
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx View Post
thanks for the tip
I can forward you a copy of the spam PM if you want it, or C&P the text here
 
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-11-2018, 10:42 PM
xxryu139xx's Avatar
Super Moderator
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Union, NJ
Posts: 3,325
Originally Posted by ezone View Post
I can forward you a copy of the spam PM if you want it, or C&P the text here
s'all good. i believe u.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
bukowski
Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance
5
11-15-2012 04:14 PM
jani88
Off Topic Discussion
23
05-11-2011 01:49 PM
mtunofun
2nd Generation (GE 08-13)
6
08-23-2009 07:37 AM
wontfit
Off Topic Discussion
2
04-12-2008 05:56 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why aren't my reply showing


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.