Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

JDM Colt Ralliart Version-R

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
JDM Colt Ralliart Version-R (Recaro Edition)

To celebrate the one-year anniversary of the launch of the Colt Ralliart Version-R, Mitsubishi has offered up a new special edition of the JDM-only pocket rocket. The Colt Ralliart Version-R Recaro Edition includes a set of Recaro buckets as standard equipment (how'd you guess?), and sports a few extra details as well.
Have a seat: Mitsu releases Colt Ralliart Version-R Recaro Edition - Autoblog

This little thing looks badass!

Last edited by smatts; 05-10-2007 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
it looks like... a fit, with an evo hood and a mitsubishi logo on the front.

hmm.. same chassis you think?

Old 05-11-2007, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
as mentioned in another forum (I think on TOV),

Honda needs to start looking at its competition - alot of cars out there that are currently out-performing the fit.
I love the fit for its looks, spaciousness and fuel efficiency - but other car makers can do that as well - but they offer variants with stronger engines (in terms of power) ;)

Im sure the next generation of Fits will will come with an "R" version - ohhhh i cant wait!

....Colt Ralliart looks damn good as well.... didnt BM test a Fit against this and some other cars?

Old 05-11-2007, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
Those cars, however, are only in Japan... and I have yet to hear of any plans of Mitsubishi releasing that over here in the US.

Bigger engines = higher price...
Fit has the best bang for the buck out of these microcars, no doubt. And with the Honda name as well. That is a Mitsubishi which is NOT known for their durability (see the Evo, Eclipse, 3000GT - which I owned, and it died)... Honda however is.

I think it all depends on what you want, really, but I know I picked the Fit because it was all I could afford, and had a lot of the goodies cars above its class have.

By the way, how much does that Colt weigh?

Old 05-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Someone that Posts too much
The Colt Ralliart is available from any Mitsubishi dealer in Australia as a regular stock item just like the EVO IX. Its significantly more expensive than the Honda Jazz A$18,170 vs A$29,990 but it is 113kw with its Turbo compared with 81kw for the VTEC Jazz. The real Type R Civic hatch 148kw made in the UK goes on sale at all Australian Honda dealers in July for about A$42,000.

A few years back they ran a one make race of Mitsu Cyborg Mirages here in Australia. The bodies literally ripped themselves apart before the season was out despite the double rewelding of every seam in the car and the extra rigidity provided by full roll cages.

Last edited by vividjazz; 05-11-2007 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
WOW! If i had $25 grand (29,990 Australian) to spend on a car, I would NOT buy a micro car. I love the fit and all, but you can bet I'd have that civic si in my driveway now if I had 10 grand more.

Honda knows what its doing.

And about the mirage... thats good ole Mitsubishi engineering (haha, I have a grudge with them if you can't tell)

Old 05-11-2007, 01:24 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pocketrocket
WOW! If i had $25 grand (29,990 Australian) to spend on a car, I would NOT buy a micro car. I love the fit and all, but you can bet I'd have that civic si in my driveway now if I had 10 grand more.

Honda knows what its doing.

And about the mirage... thats good ole Mitsubishi engineering (haha, I have a grudge with them if you can't tell)
hate to break it to you dude but you prob coulda gotten that si for only about 3k more than your fit ;) lol

Old 05-11-2007, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
oh yeah man, i know that, I just didn't have that kind of money , nor could I make the downpayments. I needed a car, and the fit was it.

I kept glancing at the si though, but the fit has grown on me.. i like it a lot now.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Any of you big dreamers who seem to be set on the idea that a more powerful Fit is on the way, I say you need to wake up. The Honda Fit has been selling around the world long before it got here, and it has remained just about the same, as far as the engine goes. Any of the other micro-cars that do have bigger/more powerful engines, like the Versa are heavier, so in the end the power is relative to the Fit.

As far as the R version of a Fit goes....haha, we dont even get a Civic Type-R, Integra/RSX Type-R(now discontinued), or any other version since the 2001 Integra Type-R was here, what makes you think, of all cars, they would design a Fit R?

I think the new Civic SI Coupe/Sedan and the new Mugen sedan are where their focus is now. The Fit is just like it has always been, a sporty looking econobox.

I guess since there are people on this board who dont have a Fit yet, and cant get one...its a nice dream to believe if you just wait, out of the blue some amazing Fit is gonna show up. I doubt it. Maybe it will have 115hp instead of 109hp, but if you think some K20 or R18 Fit is gonna come...youre gonna be waiting a long time.

I did hear they might put the Insight motor in the Fit...

Old 05-11-2007, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
i'm with ya. i don't know why honda would try and make the fit more powerful. its an economy car. all a bigger motor will do is up the price into civic range... and then... why get a Fit?

as for the insight motor.. ewwww. as practical as electric hybrid motors are, i'm against it! that'll probably up the price too maybe? not sure how much the insights are though... i just know that they weren't the best looking things on the planet

Old 05-11-2007, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
:) its true, the Honda Fit was meant to be an econobox...
But all companies do their research - and if Honda does theirs, they will realize that people want a bit more pep.
I dont think an R18 or K20 will be used, but i do think they can tweak the current L15.... didnt mean anything else by it. And i dont think thats a dream....

Its funny though that u say it will never happen, yet its happening with all other companies Mitsu, Suzuki, Toyota.... Its a matter of time.
Just a year back i was reading a forum on the Yaris and someone mentioned exactly what u said - its an "econobox" and will be nothing more.
Two weeks back (maybe more) - The yaris was Launched with a 1.8L engine badged "SR" (i think)....

i think its gonna happen sooner than we realize :)

Old 05-11-2007, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
didn't hear about that.. how much does it go for.

its all about price.. if the price to piece together a fairly powerful 1.8L motor falls, then i can see it being a decent price. i still don't see very many people paying over 20 grand for an economy car full fuel car. Not saying some won't, but i don't think very many people will. I mean, why did you buy your fit? paying over 20 grand just doesn't seem worth it.. especially when you can buy much more powerful cars with still decent gas mileage in that 20 grand region.

We'll see how good that yaris "sr" does , and the new colt. Japanese market must be a lot different then US if it sells well.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:30 AM
5 Year Member
^^ im not very familiar with the US market - but from what i hear, the Fit should sell for around 16K without dealer markup.
However, once demand levels out, that figure should stick (or maybe evern drop by 1K with bargaining etc). A sportier version should be maximum 2K-3K more (my opinion) - in this case it shouldnt break the 20K mark at all! (as you said, very few would buy it).

I would definietly be interested in buying a sportier, more powerful Jazz for a little extra. :)

Old 05-12-2007, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
Well let me rephrase what I said earlier... You live in Dubai Im assuming? So yes for you, you could go get a R34 Skyline if you wanted. Here in the states, we rarely get all the cool goodies. So okay, maybe they will come out with a slightly more powerful Fit, but I doubt we (US), will get it.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Scion XB will come out with 2.4L 160hp tC motor in the next release series.

I would not doubt an R18 coming in a Fit, for the simple fact as all of these vehicles are targeted to youths and youth thinks WOW 160hp > 109hp.

You seem to forget all about specific engines Honda designed for the USDM market

F22C - Response to the critics claim the S2000 didn't have enough torque. Power remained the same, redline dropped 1000RPM, torque increased.

C27A - Response to the critics claim the Accord needed a V6 engine.

But then again, both of us are just blowing smoke out of our ass so what does it matter.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
No i wouldnt get a skyline or supra or whatever ... in fact i love the fit and am searching for a used one right now. (cant afford it new)

Currently i drive a JDM Civic SiR - but after test driving the Fit - i just love it... even though i will probably be the only guy out here that has one... Ive only seen women in it :o

As a matter of fact, out here the Hp has already increased from 109hp to 121hp. From what i understand they changed the transmission, reprogrammed the ECU and changed the headers.... If they are already increasing power here, its going to come sooner or later to the US.....

as i said, just a matter of time. ;)

Originally Posted by 07TaffetaFit
Well let me rephrase what I said earlier... You live in Dubai Im assuming? So yes for you, you could go get a R34 Skyline if you wanted. Here in the states, we rarely get all the cool goodies. So okay, maybe they will come out with a slightly more powerful Fit, but I doubt we (US), will get it.

Old 05-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by navadv
From what i understand they changed the transmission, reprogrammed the ECU and changed the headers....

Wow, so the Fit gets a V6 engine?

Old 05-12-2007, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
Changing the header does not make an engine a V6 ;) (sry to burst ur bubble..... google it or do a search on this forum, you will learn something new~!)

Just like alot of members change their headers to get more power, Honda has probably gone down a similar path and made their header better.....

Old 05-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by navadv
Changing the header does not make an engine a V6 ;) (sry to burst ur bubble..... google it or do a search on this forum, you will learn something new~!)

Just like alot of members change their headers to get more power, Honda has probably gone down a similar path and made their header better.....

Haha you're stupid.

He said headerS. That implies the engine needs two, or more pieces of metal called a header. This means the engine become "V"-style engine.

What V6 would only make 120hp anyways.

Perhaps you should see my previous car in my signature and you will realize I'm not full of shit.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
"He" is me. :)

anyways, it was a simple typing mistake - sry if i mislead you into thinking that the Jazz 1.5 was a v6.....

Besides, no one here implied u were "full of shit" .....
and FYI - u could write anything in your signature....;)

Quick Reply: JDM Colt Ralliart Version-R