Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Hello, I just bought a Mazdaspeed3.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Hello, I just bought a Mazdaspeed3.

So I was thinking about getting a fit or a Mazdaspeed3 and I chose the speed3. Was I wrong with my choice?

Old 12-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Retired Moderator
You tell me if you made the right choice lol..
I think Mazdas suck but thats just me, i know your car is alot faster then a Fit. But the Fit will hold up a lot better. We just had a guy thinking about trading his MS3 for a Fit because of all the problems the MS3 was having.

Tyler

Old 12-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
tool- man, you are blunt. :D lol

but yah, im not a maz fan either.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by kenchan
tool- man, you are blunt. :D lol

but yah, im not a maz fan either.
lol, what does he really think people are going to say?!? He joined a Fit forums to say he just bought a MS3? if he would have came here before buying the mazda i would have tried to talk him out of it...
OP-Just enjoy your Mazda man, dont worry what Fit owners think. You made your choice, now go tear up a canyon or two!:D

Old 12-13-2007, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
my opinion is you made the wrong choice, I would never compare my fit to a mazda3 :( makes me sick thinking about it. hope you enjoy your car tho :D

Old 12-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Its all up to you, they wouldnt make 'em if everyone hated 'em

Ok well my statement above is a bunch of crap, so never mind on that, but hey if you dig it then you dig it, if in doubt then check out other cars, "nothing is definitive" (even that qoute). Few things are worse than unconfirmed doubts and regrets...that.. uhhh... linger!

A while back (im not a mazda fan, but I was curious) I was checkin one out and and later told my GF... Almost as quick as the "da" (from Mazda) left my mouth she SLAPPED ME!!! HAAAHAAAAA HEEHEEEE, I guess she hates Mazda's!!!

In all seriousness it cant hurt to physically confirm or refute your thoughts by checking out other cars.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
I like the MS3. If I wasn't getting out of a turbocharged car already, I'd have given them serious consideration. Mostly (apart from the guy who posted a week ago), they're supposedly pretty reliable. Maybe not quite as reliable as Honda or Toyota, but light years ahead of the domestic iron.
I've always wanted to own a Miata as a weekend car. The Fit mostly fills that need, but the Miata is still more of a go kart experience, plus the RWD fun factor.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:31 PM
i dont think you made the wrong choice. I have fit sport and love it. my boy has a speed3 and i think that thing is sick. runs good pretty fast and kinda has the same body lines as the fit. it really all depends what you had in mind for each car. I would pick the speed3 over alot of cars out there

Old 12-13-2007, 06:35 PM
I have been lurking for a while and I just found my confirmation email was in the spam folder that I never check. So I am able to post for the first time today and I happened to get my MS3 two days ago. But I did expect a little flaming for getting an MS3. So far I am thrilled with it but I really only drove it home from the dealer and parked it and change the oil. I won't be driving it till I get my snow tires on. Now I know Honda has the best brand rep out there and Mazda gets no respect but I think the MS3 is a winner. Just look at the mags they all love the MS3. I did really think about going for a fit but I just want a reliable car with a warranty and to make a fit as fast as my speed3 it would take alot of work and void any warranty. So I hope you understand my logic.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
wow you already changed the oil after your drive home? :eek: pretty quick.

you dont need to explain to us about your logic; you made the right
decision for yourself and so now go enjoy your new ride. :)

Old 12-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
wow you already changed the oil after your drive home? :eek: pretty quick.
I think that it is a good idea to change the oil right away in a new car because there might be a little metal dust in there from the machining process.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:44 PM
No Man...

You need to let that oil stay in there so it can break in properly.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah the oil from factory is for the break in period...you never switch that out until the first scheduled oil change...

Old 12-13-2007, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
Speed3

I got rid of my Mazdaspeed Protege for the Fit. I had it for almost three years and I loved it. I did have a couple of issues with it, and I got rid of it because of the weak lsd and engine. I have had my Fit (and love it) for eight months now and still miss my Speed sometimes. I was just so worried about the Mazda's reliability. The Speed3 seems like a great car. I wanted one of those as well. It has way more horses than the Speed Protege and hopefully has a stronger engine. My Protege had a better color though....Spicy Orange Mica.

David Richardson - Dallas, TX
07 Taffy Fit Sport
91 Nissan NX2000

Old 12-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Young Roids
I think that it is a good idea to change the oil right away in a new car because there might be a little metal dust in there from the machining process.
Yeah unless Mazda is different, the oil from the factory has all kinds of detergents and cleaning agents in it and should stay in the engine for the reccomeneded period of time (whatever your owners manual says).

Old 12-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Hmm... I always thought that engines were just filled with standard non synthetic oil. I used non synth when I changed it. Like what about guys that build engines they have always told me to use standard nonsynth for break in. Well at any rate the car had like 240miles on it I think it was their test drive mule I think that's why I got such a great deal on it.

Also do you guys think that transmision oil has those kind of detergents in it? My next bright idea was to change my synchromesh oil.:D How long should I wait before my first trans oil change?

Old 12-13-2007, 11:01 PM
you have a lot of noob questions. did you try any mazda specific forums?

Old 12-13-2007, 11:04 PM
I belong to 2 mazda specific forums. I just really like fit's so I thought I would join here. Like I said I have been lurking for awhile.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
dont get me wrong but the MS3 is a cool lil car, but 260hp to the front wheels is not cool ( understeer sux) but rather spent that money on a Speed6 or something else thats just my .10 cents :D

Old 12-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
dont get me wrong but the MS3 is a cool lil car, but 260hp to the front wheels is not cool ( understeer sux) but rather spent that money on a Speed6 or something else thats just my .10 cents :D
The speed6s are a cool car and you can get a good deal on them and pay about what you would for the speed3, but I like that the speed3 is lighter weight and I kinda dig the hatchback bodystyle.

Quick Reply: Hello, I just bought a Mazdaspeed3.