Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Yet Another Exotic Car Meet V2.0 (Seriously, this one will choke a T1, No Joke)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
Yet Another Exotic Car Meet V2.0 (Seriously, this one will choke a T1, No Joke)

Please be aware, the commentary is not mine. This was shamelessly stolen from another forum, whose link is at the bottom. Enjoy!

[/URL]

Alfa SZ, Mayfair

Alfa SZ, Mayfair

Alfa SZ, Mayfair

Alpina B5, tucked behind Tottenham Court Road

Alpina Z8, my mate was lost in thought. I think I was right in telling him there are only 10 in the UK.

Aston DB?, Sorry not too good with my Astons....Sussex Gardens.

Aston Martin DBS?, Knightsbridge

Aston Martin Vantage, Knightsbridge

Aston Martin Vantage 600?, Knightsbridge

Audi S5, Tested it twice, love it's looks, just couldn't bring myself to buy one. RS5 maybe one day?

BMW 840ci, Knightsbridge

BMW E30 M3, Knightsbridge

BMW E39 M5, Knightsbridge

BMW E39 M5, Knightsbridge

BMW E46 M3 CSL, Marylebone

BMW E46 M3 CSL, Marylebone

BMW 550i, Knightsbridge. For me, this is one of the rarest finds. I mean, who buys a 550i? Never seen one before or since.

BMW E90 320si, Car Giant, Wood Lane. This is the rare special edition to celebrate the Touring Car wins isn't it?

BMW M6, Knightsbridge. Awesome

BMW Z1, Marylebone

Aston Martin DB7 Zagato, Henrietta Place. My second one!

Bristol, Marylebone. My mate's Dad had one about 15 years ago. Also saw one on the M25 today....

I think this belongs to Robert Tchenguiz, does it not? (will wait to be corrected........)

Corvette Z06, Harrods

Ferrari 400i, Knightsbridge

Ferrari 456GT, Mondial & 430

Ferrari 575

Ferrari Dino, Harrods. Stunning.

Ferrari Enzo, Regent's Park

Ferrari F40, Marylebone

Ford GT, Knightsbridge. I've seen this one up and down the King's Road.

Ford Granada, Knightsbridge. Have no idea what's going on here, but had to take a pic. You just don't see these anymore.....

[pic]http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r467/tigerkoi/Gallardo430.jpg]/pic]

The Hamann 599 and some detail pictures.

Jaguar ?, Marylebone.

Lancia Delta Integrale, Highbury. Stone's throw from the stadium.....

Lotus Esprit, Knightsbridge. I sat behind a Japanese chap who was tootling along the A40 in the original Esprit about 2/3 weeks ago. You forget not just how small they were but how clean the design was....

Maybach. Think it's a 62.

Mercedes, original S-class? Interesting this one. I often park in this particular NCP, and right at the back there's a recessed area where the light stays on and a radio is on low volume. Never see anyone down there but this poor old thing just sits there forlornly.....

Mosler, Park Lane.

Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 if I'm not mistaken. This lives quite close to where I call home.

Packard Caribbean. I would place this as being built from 52-55 perhaps?

Porsche 911

Rolls-Royce of some description. I haven't and wouldn't look under the covers but would like to know the story behind these (there are two of them). Absolutely huge. As tall as a Range Rover and 1/2 as long as a Routemaster...Huge. My real question is how they got them down there in the first place.....

Ferrari Testarossa.........

tigerkoi
Original Poster
350 posts
10 months
[report]
Monday 14th July

BMW Z4 M Coupe, Bayswater. I much prefer the Z3 'breadvan' but this is still not a common sight.

Alpina Z8, I think there's only 10 in the UK as I say.

BMW M6, Knightsbridge. Lurking.......

Ferrari F430. To be brutally honest, in Central London, whilst they are not exactly common, hardly a day goes by without seeing a couple of Ferrari's. That still doesn't detract from their beauty.

Lamborghini Gallardo, Knightsbridge. I specifically told the girls not to touch the car, but they didn't listen, so I apologise for that. Naughty monkeys. I told them off all night...........

Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster. I was on the M11 with my brother. We're doing a good speed, and the road is quite busy. on the other carriageway speeds by a Murcielago. Our windows were up, tyre roar is present, other cars are around us, music is on....and we still heard that thing blast by....amazing....

Lancia Delta Integrale EVO II, Madrid. The most pristine example I've seen.

Lotus Elan, Marylebone. Just not seen anymore. I think this one hasn't moved in 12 months......

Porsche 996 GT3 RS, just south of Oxford St. Carrera's are ten a penny in town, but this isn't.

Porsche 997 Turbo, Berkeley Sq.

Rolls-Royce Phantom, Knightsbridge.

Rolls-Royce ?

I think this fleet of Mercs belongs to the InterContinental Hotel just off Oxford St.

Brabus C 3.8 S, Blenheim Palace, 2006.

Ford GT, nr Pall Mall.

Pagoda....

A pair of........Ferrari F430s

Alpina B7. This is near Curzon Street. This was fun. Basically I saw the B7 and wanted to take a pic. But right opposite the car is (I think) the Saudi Embassy or residence. And there are armed guards outside. So I thought it best to ask the guys if I could snap away. No problem.

Aston Martin DB7 Vantage

Aston Martin DB7 Zagato. I thought a few more pics would be appreciated.

Bit sad, as you can see the wing mirror has been like this for months....

Audi RS6

BMW Z8

Bentley Brooklands

Bentley Turbo R

Where Jack Barclay keep their stock.........

Daimler?

Ferrari 355

Ferrari 456

Gemballa Cayenne

I think, think, that this is a Jaguar MK X. Please correct me.....

Love the numberplate.....

Mercedes 280SL

Mercedes 500SL, one of my favourites.

Mercedes CL65 AMG

Underground treasure trove of Bentleys and RRs

Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead.

VW Phaeton. I thought I'd throw this one in. How rare is this!
Name:  DSC00072.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  125.9 KB

Name:  DSC00076.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  146.7 KB

Name:  DSC00061.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  166.7 KB

Name:  DSC00057.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  111.4 KB

Name:  DSC00056.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  126.7 KB

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure-dome decree.......

Murcielago Roadster, Hamann 599, W463 G55 AMG Cabriolet, Murcielago, SLR McLaren, Audi R8, CLK63 AMG

Audi RS2. This is an iconic car. I know it may technically not be so, but deep down it's the first 'real' fast estate. Really great car. Rare, fast, cachet....

Volvo 760 Turbo. I'm not sure I've seen many 'Turbo's' lately, so maybe this should be treasured?

The abomination. I think this fella knows he's been collared on here and other sites, and wanted his piece of the Horrid's Carousel action.....

"Awight dahlin', fancy seeing you here....". The ubiquitous 599. Oh two of them in fact!

Another Dodge. The Viper SRT10.

Remember I said that the stretch 300C had a Bentley badge?

I was busy trying to get a shot in, doing my usual, when I heard a few gasps and kids getting animated. Then, well, it's hard to place. Like a cross between a V8 and a V10. Not very V12....It's sort of a metallic V8. And then she appeared.......

I think it was Andrew Carnegie who said, "I'd rather leave my son a curse than the almighty dollar!". I'm trying not to make a political statement. I love cars. But when you see three Murcielagos's, the Arabian playboy's steed of choice, just parading ceremoniously around Harrods, then you do look at what is the cause and effect. Whether it's money earnt, momney inherited or money accumalated, it's certainly money spent!

CLS Butcher wants his parade time.

The Range Stormer. The chap on the right - scroll down to the bottom about an interesting story.

Rolls-Royce Drophead. The thing with the Phantom, it's all about "Lebensraum".

RUF. Please write in with which one you think. Obviously 997 based......

The RUF may probably the most accomplished car of the lot in a technical way, in a enthusiasts mind. Here though it goes practically unnoticed.

Stunning. I think with this finish and exterior flourish, supreme hi-grade engineering finally is coupled with a look that it deserves. Instantly renders all other paint and colour configurations of the standard Veyron as utterly staid and bland.

For a few seconds I had the interchangeable sounds of the V12 and W16 scaling the octaves. It was really awesome.

But a little sad at the same time. This thing, well they all are, aren't engineered to be kept on such a tight leash. It reminds me of a picture of Mike Tyson at his height in the late 80's. The picture shows him bare-chested just walked holding his tiger that's straining at the leash around his garden. Crazy.

Neutered.

It's like a modern mechanised Barnum's.....

[sigh......]

This was only like the first 6 pages of the thread. Huge amount more found here: Supercars spotted, some rarities......